Siciliainbocca, Rome

by Sarita76
  • OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Siciliainbocca: Another Good Sicilian Restauarant

by OnTheRoadGoombah Updated Aug 9, 2011

Sicily in your Mouth (Siciliainbocca) has three locations in Rome, but don't think of it as a chain restaurant. It is owned by two gentlemen who appear to remain committed to providing great food at reasonable prices. After trying Sicilia...ndo, we were still in search of the "peasant food" of my grandparents. I think we came a bit closer with Siciliainbocca, but even though it was not exactly peasant food, the quality and service was outstanding.

We started out with two appetizers, a chick pea pastry, and a mix of calamri, shrimp, sardines, green beans and onions lightly battered and fried. Both dishes were awesome. We then split was has to be the greatest risotto ever -- ai profundi -- with citrus. For our secondi, I opted for a mixed seafood of prawns, shrimp and swordfish, while my friend tried another mixed seafood grill (granatine). Neither of us were disappointed in the slightest. I don't know how we found the room, but we decided to splitt a negretto del passagio (almost like a tartufo) for dessert.

One note of caution -- see directions/location section below

This place was clean, service was outstanding, prices reasonable and the food was superb!

Favorite Dish: The risotto ai profundi was simply amazing.

• Sarita76's Profile Photo

Siciliainbocca: Fish all the way!

by Sarita76 Written Nov 4, 2006

No doubt this is a high-level place. You can tell this just thinking of their location in Prati. Sicilian food means fish, above all, and that's what you can find at Siciliainbocca. Wonderful tasty and fresh fish and many sicilian recipes such as Pasta con le sarde alla palermitana, Couscous di pesce, melanzane and many others!

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish was grilled fish, of course! It was a bass, what we call "spigola". But I can't forget to mention the wonderful cannoli alla siciliana and my pistacchio icecream! A must!

Siciliainbocca, logo

• Siciliainbocca: Great Sicilian Food!

by sonia72it Updated Sep 13, 2004

From starters to desserts Sicilian cuisine is a real delight!
    The restaurant is in Prati area (they have also a winebar in Trastevere with quicker dishes) and is furnished with colorful Sicilian pottery.
    Closed Sundays.
    (on their website there are also recipes)

Favorite Dish: Starters: "panelle" (pancakes of chickpea flour) - a must; "polipetto caldo" (little boiled polyp with lemon); "primo sale all'acciuga" (hot cheese with anchovy and rockets).

Pasta: "Maccheroni alla Norma" (short pasta with fried eggplant, salty cheese and fresh basil); "Pasta con le sarde" (pasta with sardine, fennel flower, pine kernels and breadcrumbs) - great!

Fish: "Sarde a beccafico" (sardines with seasoned breadcrumbs inside) - a must

Desserts: "Cannolo siciliano"; "Cassata siciliana" - yum!; "Trionfo di gola di Panarea"

Liqueurs: "Rosolio alla cannella" (sweet cinammom liqueur); "Limoncello" (lemon liqueur); "Liquore al fico d'india"

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Siciliainbocca
4.0 out of 5 stars