Taverna Le Coppele, Rome

by WheninRome
  • WheninRome's Profile Photo

Taverna LE COPPELE: Taverna Le Coppelle - Rick Steves Recommended

by WheninRome Updated Apr 4, 2011

Prior to our trip to Rome, I had highlighted a few restaurants that Rick Steves recommends within his travel books. This one, Taverna Le Coppelle, is the only one we made it to. We tried to go to a couple others (one was a gelateria next to the Pantheon and a restaurant that I can't remember), but they were both closed - the gelateria for a couple months and the restaurant for good.

However, Le Coppelle was very good with a fantastic, almost unbelievable price for Rome (24 Euros for a dinner for 2). We got a good appetizer of bruschetta, a half liter of the house red wine, my wife got a pasta dish and I another pizza (prosciutto and mushroom (fungi) if I remember correctly).

The food was excellent and the service was good. The house red wine was mediocre at best. The restaurant was very crowded and festive. It is a no frills kind-of-place with tight seating and red-checkered table cloths.

However, next time I am in Rome I wouldn't hesitate to eat there again. A great bargain.

Favorite Dish: Pizza. I thought their pizzas looked better than the pasta dishes.

La Copelle Tavern

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Taverna Le Coppele
4.5 out of 5 stars