Trattoria Pizzeria Grotta d'Abruzzo, Rome

4 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

Via Palermo 45 064740980

entry to trattoria 'grotta d'abruzzo'
    by Coolietje
    The trattoria's entrance
    by marielexoteria
  • Coolietje's Profile Photo

Grotta d'Abruzzo: Authentic Italian Trattoria

by Coolietje Written Mar 1, 2010

This is a typical italian trattoria mostly visited by locals. It's not that cosy but the authentic and homemade dishes are just great. Don't be afraid if your italian is not that good, they've got an english menu. You can choose your meal à la carte - the choice is enormous and every week they prepare other specialities - but they have also three sorts of menus. For 10 euro you get a pizza menu (brusscheta, pizza with a free drink and dessert), for 2 euros more you have a pasta menu (choice of pasta with a free drink, dessert and coffee). Or u can go for the big shot : choice of pasta, choice of main dish (fish, meat or vegetarian), choice of dessert + a free choice of drinks including wine or soda. It will only cost you 18 euros.

Favorite Dish: Try the homemade Tiramisu, it's delicious and very light (if we try it at home it's never that good)

entry to trattoria 'grotta d'abruzzo'

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Trattoria Pizzeria Grotta d'Abruzzo: another place for excellent pasta

by marielexoteria Updated Dec 23, 2008

While walking around and looking for a place to eat, a man approached us and asked us if we would like to eat "typical Italian food with normal prices", and since we were walking that way anyway, we decided to follow him to his trattoria. I must admit that I was wary because I don't like being hustled but I entered the place with an open mind - and I'm glad I did.

This small trattoria doesn't really get any traffic, so I understand that someone has to go to a bigger street to attract clients. The environment isn't for those looking for luxury, but I found it cozy and the staff was very friendly. When we came in there were 3 other tables with people already eating and it seemed like we were the only tourists inside, but when we got out there were more people enjoying themselves. The food was great and it had indeed normal prices: I had a pasta pomodoro and Mr. Sweden had beef steak with roasted potatoes and salad, plus 2 beers and a bread basket (no charge) made a total of 22€. This is a place I would come back if I visit Rome again.

The trattoria's entrance

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Trattoria Pizzeria Grotta d'Abruzzo
4.5 out of 5 stars