Trattoria Pizzeria Grotta d'Abruzzo, Rome

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Trattoria Pizzeria Grotta d'Abruzzo: another place for excellent pasta

by marielexoteria Updated Dec 23, 2008

The trattoria's entrance

While walking around and looking for a place to eat, a man approached us and asked us if we would like to eat "typical Italian food with normal prices", and since we were walking that way anyway, we decided to follow him to his trattoria. I must admit that I was wary because I don't like being hustled but I entered the place with an open mind - and I'm glad I did.

This small trattoria doesn't really get any traffic, so I understand that someone has to go to a bigger street to attract clients. The environment isn't for those looking for luxury, but I found it cozy and the staff was very friendly. When we came in there were 3 other tables with people already eating and it seemed like we were the only tourists inside, but when we got out there were more people enjoying themselves. The food was great and it had indeed normal prices: I had a pasta pomodoro and Mr. Sweden had beef steak with roasted potatoes and salad, plus 2 beers and a bread basket (no charge) made a total of 22€. This is a place I would come back if I visit Rome again.

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Hotels Near Trattoria Pizzeria Grotta d'Abruzzo
4.5 out of 5 stars