Men's Clothing, Rome

Know about this? Rate It!

UCI Cinema and skating ring
    CC Porta di Roma entrance
    UCI Cinema entrance
  • gwened's Profile Photo

cc Porta di Roma: shopping center porta di roma

by gwened Written Aug 24, 2013

this is a marvelous shopping center mall just outside city limits of Rome. We are shoppers and llike to go to where local people go so this was an experience.

We found out at termini that bus 38 took us there and there was a big shopping center. Well we were not mistaken, this is huge 220 stores and many restaurants, the place is popping full of Italians shopping on weekends. We realise once taking the trip that the bus passes near where we were so on next time we took the bus from metro st Agnese/annibiliano on the B line to direction Conca d'Oro.

The bus drop off right at the entrance short walk, and you see the mall, it is the last stop so no need to figure when to get off the whole bus does lol!

Auchan hypermarket (French chain) is open mondays to sundays from 9 to 10pm
    stores are from 10h to 10pm
    restaurants from 10h to 11pm
    and cinema UCI from 10h30 to 01h30am sundays to thurdays and fridays and saturdays to 3h30am!

you have H&M , Decathlon, IKEA, Auchan, Leroy Merlin, Arion bookstores, and gamestop video stores amongst so many. The works, a shopper's paradise in AC comfort.

There are over 10 restaurants including our favorite regular restaurant in Rome for our trip see tip.

If you come with family , I recommend you come here , a step away from old stone into modern luxuries quickly forgotten in old Roma.

What to buy: we went for video games, books, cds, and sweatshirts and to compare prices with home which were about the same lol!

What to pay: best mall prices

CC Porta di Roma entrance inside store map panel Arion bookshop UCI Cinema and skating ring UCI Cinema entrance

• gwened's Profile Photo

Galleria Alberto Sordi: department stores in style at Sordi

by gwened Written Aug 23, 2013

This is a wonderful old palazzo or palace now housing a great shopping center Galleria Alberto Sordi.
    You have eating places, mens and womens clothings, shoes, perfums and a great library bookshop all in a fantastically beautiful palace architecturally stunning.

you must come here for a snack coffee or simply browsing the stores and the la feltrinelli library. A great stop for the whole family to relax in secure weather building marveling at the architecture

recommended

What to buy: books cds video games, perfumes, and shoes are good here

What to pay: prices to match the brand names but all reasonable

galleria Alberto Sordi left hall at alberto sordi right side at alberto sordi main entrance on piazza colonna
    • Architecture

• ATLC's Profile Photo

La Cravatta su misura: Tailormade ties

by ATLC Updated Oct 30, 2007

I passed by this shop coming from the Pantheon and realised that it is very unusual to see a shop that sells only tailormade ties. It was a tiny, quite modest shop, with an air of style that befits a gentleman :-). I asked the man for a business card, because I had no need for tailormade ties but it's always good to know it exists.
    Delightful!

What to buy: Gentlemen, pay attention! You choose a silk and it is turned into a tie. As regular customer you will get a special label with your name sewn on the back.
    Have a look at their website. Part of it is in English, but you can make out the rest easily, even in Italian. There is also a webshop.

What to pay: 80-100 USD (from the website). You can buy via their webshop: 60 USD for silk and silk/wool, 80 USD for cashmere, and 100 USD for silk shawls (which I, as a lady, could crave too!).

Ezio Pellicano, tailormade ties

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo

romis: italian suits

by domenicococozza Written Aug 16, 2007

Small menswear store in the centre of Rome. Traditional Italian suits, shirts, ties etc.
    Run by a husband and wife team. If you find a garment that you want, they will make any necessary alteration/s whilst you get a cup of coffee.

What to buy: The suits are designed in classic Italian style. Hanstitching everywhere and plenty of different materials from silk to lightweight wool.

What to pay: Bartering is the name of the game. I picked up a 900 euro suit for 300 euros. To get this deal I also bought a shirt and two ties at full retail price. Still an incredible bargain

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Men's and women's Clothing: Via Condotti

by Henrik_rrb Written Apr 18, 2007

Right below the Spanish steps you'll find the fashion district of Rome. Via Condotti, and the small streets on it's side, are full of shops from the most famous brands, as Gucci, D&G, Armani and Versace among many.

Prices are therefore high, but if the wallet is big, there is something for everyone.

Via Condotti goes all the way from Piazza di Spagna down to Via del Corso, so there are about 3-400 meters of shopping shopping and more shopping.

The street is also nice in the evening, where most shops have open at least until 7pm. But also since it's a nice walking street, with a lot of lights, and many italians having an evening stroll in the city. Why don't sit down and have a beer or an ice cream at one of the cafe's?

What to buy: Specially fashion clothes, shoes and leather.

What to pay: A lot... you won't find any low cost stores here...

Via Condotti seen from the Spanish steps
    • Women's Travel

• jeaniek13's Profile Photo

Socrate (Men's Clothing): High Quality Men's Clothing

by jeaniek13 Written Apr 12, 2007

We just popped in here -- as it was 3 ladies traveling -- to look for something for my dad. The store has really nice quality clothing (Nordstrom Facconable, Saks) but at reasonable prices. It also sells clothing that you can't easily obtain at the stores in the U.S. -- my dad still receives compliments of the clothing we got for him. The service was friendly and helpful -- especially since we didn't know the size conversions. (Best to know those in advance.)

What to buy: Wool pullovers/combinations; bright ties; any item that is not readily available here.

What to pay: $100-$500 or how much ever you want to!

• Wine Tasting

• cristian_chitu's Profile Photo

Men's Clothing: Visit Castel Romano Outlet

by cristian_chitu Written Jan 28, 2007

I was here in January 2007 and the prices was down with 30% to 70%.
    You'll find here only designer outlets with big discount then the prices from the city.

What to buy: Everything you want

What to pay: between 100 - 1000 EUR or more, depending on how much you have

• icunme's Profile Photo

Ivy Oxford: Cashmere sweaters 58 Euro - ITALIAN

by icunme Written Oct 8, 2006

We pass this shop often as it is just down Via due Macelli from the Spanish Steps. We always see excellent prices posted on items and a tasteful display of men's clothing at exceptionally reasonable prices. We especially like that the items are Made in ITALY (not Hong Kong).
    Photo - 58 Euro Cashmere sweaters

What to buy: 58 Euro cashmere sweaters - made in ITALY!

What to pay: reasonable

Ivy Oxford

• fishandchips's Profile Photo

Men's Clothing: Silk Ties

by fishandchips Written May 9, 2006

You can buy a fabulous Italian silk tie at limited cost in most of the Markets around Rome. As with Florence there is a good selection of styles though do have a close look at the product with shoddy stitching reducing the life of your tie big-time.

What to pay: You can expect to spend as little as 8 Euros

Selection of silk ties

Da Vinci: Cheap Suit

by Jmill42 Written Feb 9, 2006

Being as though I was going to attend a high-class club, which required a suit and the fact that I had not brought one, I need to find a suit ASAP. Not even considering the $4000 to get a Zegna or equivalent, I decided to get the cheapest possible. Being as though, it IS Italy, I thought I could come up with something pretty decent, and I was right. Along Via del Corso lies Da Vinci. Witha friendly English speaking gentleman to help out, I was able to pick out what I wanted, a black pinstripe suit, with no problems at all. After the alterations, I was supremely happy with the product and along with my Ferragamo shoes, I did not stick out like a sore thumb at the club.

If you need or want an inexpensive alternative to the Prada and Zegna stores, this is your place.

What to buy: Suit

What to pay: 100 Euro

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Prada: I'm WEAK!!! Sorry Credit Card!!!

by Jmill42 Updated Feb 9, 2006

OK, so I don't have a lot of will power when it comes to thwarting shopping. Examining the lack of any space in my 2 bags, when I had left home with one empty, will attest to that fact. Prada was just one of those stores that said "Jason.... Come here... Your Credit crads arent THAT full yet..." DEVIL STORE!!!

Yes, I had to rack up a tie and shuffle off in some shoes. Come on! I had to get to that 150 Euro mark so I could get my refund!

I am weak....

What to buy: Depends on your credit limit...

What to pay: Pretty much as close to that limit as possible.

Outside Prada

Ferragamo: Best Shoes in the World

by Jmill42 Written Feb 9, 2006

While you can find clothes at this shop as well, I believe Ferragamo shoes to be the best in the world. Maybe they just fit my feet perfectly, but normally I hate wearing true dress shoes, because I can never get a pair that fits properly. The ones I purchased here not only fit, but are made of the best materials and in the best way.

What to buy: Shoes

What to pay: If you go during one of Rome's "Saldi" times, you can get everything for at least 30% off. I got mine for 50% off seeing as though they were "last seasons". Like I care...

• siso010's Profile Photo

Men's Clothing: Cheap Clothes.!

by siso010 Updated Jun 24, 2005

to buy cheap clothes in Italy I think you should go to Via Sannio street,there you will find everything women and men clothing army also.

What to buy: buy everything but be aware of the price you should lower it as much as you can.

What to pay: almost try to lower the price about 30-40% of the price the seller said,and be sure that you will take it otherwise leave the seller you will find him calling you to come back and take the stuff with the price you said.

• mattreider's Profile Photo

Men's Clothing: Benetton

by mattreider Written Dec 10, 2004

Benetton is everywhere, and is pretty reasonable price-wise. If you have a 'clothing emergency' due to weather, or you are understandably embarrassed by your sweatpants-based wardrobe, stop by benetton to blend in with the locals.

• Centoventi: SHIRTS ON ROME

by a12345 Written Nov 17, 2003

You can find quality shirts, tailor maded too, and quite low prices. There a lot of ties too and other accessories.
    Yuo will meet kindly people who could help you to choose your own shirt or your present for a friend.

What to buy: The shirts and the ties are really fantastic, you can choose a standard or a tailored-made shirt selected from a variety of collars , fabrics and colors. The shirts are manufactured using the finest fabrics from some of Italy's finest textile companies: Monti and Canclini. Every fine details is taken into account from the buttons to the collar sticks.
    The ties are so beautiful and you can find colors and models for every day time.

What to pay: You can buy a fantastic shirt with a tie for about one hundred Euro.

Instant Answers: Rome