Women's Clothing, Rome

Know about this? Rate It!

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Women's Clothing: Shopping At Rome's Biggest Shopping Malls...

by Krystynn Written Jan 16, 2004

Gucci - one of my favorites

These shopping malls are worth checking out:

- Centro Commerciale La Romanina
    Address: Via Enrico Ferri, Roma, 00169

Touted as the biggest and most crowded shopping mall in Rome, this place sells everything! If you run out of cash, not to worry. There are banks and ATM machines where you can quickly withdraw your Euros. Hungry? Not to worry again. There are many cafes and restaurants to make you go dizzy ;-)

- Cinecittà Due
    Address: Via Vincenzo Lamaro, Roma, 00173

Another huge shopping mall which sells everything!

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Women's Clothing: Shopping for Italian Designer Clothings

by Krystynn Written Jan 16, 2004

Salvatore Ferragamo at the Spanish Steps

My favorite boutiques in Rome are:

Salvatore Ferragamo at: Via de Condotti 73, Rome.
    Ferragamo also have a smaller boutique right at the foot of the Spanish Steps. Their shoes are simply to-die for! And they are almost 40% to 50% cheaper than if you were to buy them in Asia! If I can't carry too many boxes of shoes back to Singapore, I'll get them to ship it instead. The sales assistants are friendly and if you buy a few pairs of shoes, they'll even give you a discount (that is, if you manage to charm them enough).

La Perla at: Via De Condotti 79, Rome
    Wearing La Perla lingerie would make any woman feel sexy. But most importantly, it costs 40% cheaper to buy here vis-a-vis shopping in Asia (the worst country to shop in Asia is Japan. Everything is so expensive there!).

Missoni at: Via del Babuino 102, Rome
    I love, love, love Missoni! And the boutique is conveniently located right across the Spanish Steps.

What to buy: If you come from Asia (like me), most Italian designer clothings and shoes cost almost 50% more than what you would pay if you were to buy it in Italy. I am referring to big designer brands like Gucci, Ferragamo, Gianfranco Ferre, Gianni Versace et al.

So, if you ever see an Asian (Japanese or Chinese) shopping at Via Condotti or at Via Veneto like there is no tomorrow... you now know the reason why! ;-)

I usually bring along a half-filled luggage so that I can replenish most of my clothes and shoes when I'm in Italy.

Sometimes, my girlfriends give me a list of their shopping to do. That's fine for me. I don't mind shopping for them because I enjoy more discounts at these boutiques if I were to buy in bulk.

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

UPIM: Clothes gifts toileteries and more

by Paisleypaul Updated Apr 4, 2011

UPIM deaprtment store Via del Tritone

UPIM is an Italian chain department store, not the most exciting over all, but the one just off the Trevi or Barberini is very easy to miss if you do not look out for it - see the large sign at high level in the shot

What to buy: Not going to lecture anyone on sartorial elegance here......!

What to pay: A lot or a little......

• School Holidays

• icunme's Profile Photo

Women's Clothing: Biggest MALL in Rome - Parco Leonardo

by icunme Updated Apr 17, 2011

View from top floor by cafe Da Giovanni

Popular and largest Rome mall - short and pleasant Regional train ride - you exit the train from Termini or Trastevere at the stop BEFORE Fiumicino and the Mall is right there. For the serious Rome "shop till you droppers!" A city within a city - always great buys and choices here.

What to buy: Anything and everything!

What to pay: very competitive prices - reasonable

• Women's Clothing: shopping in rome

by holdenb Written Nov 8, 2010

Dont listen to half these bs tourist remarks from people who dont spend much time in rome. Taking the metro or bus will cost you 1 euro to one of the two malls just outside rome. They actully have cheaper prices than the exact same stores do in rome, due to the fact that its a high tourism area. I am a canadian citizen, currently married to an italian and living in romw for 10 years now. Take my advice. Leonardo or eur roma 2 are the way to go if youre looking for a good buck saved

• Designer Italian clothing: did you buy it from the back of a truck?

by miromi Written Oct 7, 2003

Ask around at your hotel or hostel, but there are plenty of small shops that offer Italian clothes at very low prices. I was sent to the center of town to investigate these bargain paradises.

What to buy: I know all the sweatshops are in Romania, but for some reason Italy is the place to go to get cheap designer clothing. Such good quality too! Everything seems to be sexy and clingy, so don't go overboard or you'll be mistaken for a transsexual.

What to pay: € 20,- to € 50,- for things. expect massive discounts.

• lina112's Profile Photo

Etam: Women´s clothing

by lina112 Updated May 11, 2006

etam log

Another shop on Termini station. Very nice place where to shopping, clothe, shoes, bags, jewery etc.

Otra de las tiendas que podras encontrar en Termini, esta muy bien y encontraras de todo.

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo

Women's Clothing: Stores in Termini

by fairy_dust Written Aug 24, 2007

I did some shopping in the Termini station - there are a lot of stores there that sell women's clothing. It wasn't too expensive either, I bought some nice things for less than 30 Euros each.

What to buy: I got a cute melon-pink sundress at Etam, and a black skirt at Mango.

What to pay: I paid 24 Euros for the sundress, and the skirt wasn't very expensive either (can't remember how much).

• Study Abroad

• ctorres1979's Profile Photo

Castel Romana Outlets: Sorry I was too busy to take Pictures...

by ctorres1979 Written Apr 8, 2007

We went to these outlets on the outskirts of the center of Rome and went crazy out the diesel outlet. If you're into diesel clothes this is the place to go!!.. We were too busy to take any pictues but I highly recommend these outlets..

What to buy: The only good deals are on brands that are made in Italy

What to pay: Items are about 30-40% less than you find here in the US

• martin_nl's Profile Photo

OMAI Now Or Never: Great Italian gifts

by martin_nl Written Jun 4, 2003

OMAI logo

Most things for sale here are women's clothes but they also have a section with very nice gifts.

What to buy: For you mother or girlfriend/wife you can buy a beautiful shawl and for your father or boyfriend/husband you can buy espresso cups and beautiful mugs. Of course there are many other things, so take a good look around. Fantastic staff. There weren't enough espresso cups, so they called to the other OMAI shop in Rome and asked if they still had the cups, and they did. We thought we had to get the cups ourselves in the other shop, but one employee went on his scooter to bring us the cups, now that's what I call good service!! If you want to laugh ask them to wrap the cups and saucers as a present :D It takes ages but is really funny indeed!!!

What to pay: Shawls are 20 or 32 euro and the espresso cups with saucer are 7 euro.

• lina112's Profile Photo

Women's Clothing: Coín

by lina112 Updated May 11, 2006

Coin

Very nice department store where you can find clothe, shoes, bags, everything for women, men, children, etc. The name of this department store is the same that a village close to Alharuin.

Son unos buenos grandes almacenes, son muy parecidos a el corte ingles en distribución. Hay departamento de mujeres, hombres, complementos, etc.

• Spa and Resort
    • Luxury Travel

• Fizzyblond's Profile Photo

Shoe shops!: More Haste - more disappointment

by Fizzyblond Written Dec 28, 2004

Just a general warning to you intrepid shoppers out there.... my silliest mistake was to rush and buy a pair of leather boots from a gorgeous assistant in a lovely shop (not the shops fault so no names here!). I tried on, pranced and danced around the store in glee and paid up, carried the goods home to England and was so fussy about my Italian leather boots I wore them straight away to show my two younger (and also shopaholic) sisters! Both of them wanted to try them on immediately - being of a similar size I consented! Then oh my gosh, sister number two said..." where did you say these boots are from?" and I proudly said "Italy"!! She then showed me the damming little sign that said "Made in China" What I would have given to have the ground swallow me up!

What to buy: Real Italian leather shoes are just fabulous!

So make sure you read the labels!

What to pay: I spend as much as I can afford - they are so stylish and last for ever!

• ANNAD's Profile Photo

piazza di spagna: two days for shopping

by ANNAD Written Jan 25, 2004

shopping

Italian style is particular as italian people
    all shop in this famous square are the best of italian style
    cavalli gucci dolce & gabbana
    I love their style

What to buy: a GUCCI ' bag
    a Cavalli' jeans
    a t-shirt of dolce & gabbana
    a pair of shoes of PRADA
    ok that's all
    than you ask to the hotel if they need someone who clean the room (beacause you need money...ah ah)
    enjoy to ROME is a special place

What to pay: first of all you need a large credit or a grat husband who want to make you happy

• Luxury Travel

• von.otter's Profile Photo

Women’s Clothing: The Fashionable via Condotti

by von.otter Updated Mar 30, 2009

Valentino Store, via Condotti, Roma, 05/07

“I love beauty…it’s not my fault.”
    — Valentino (1932-)

During our May 2007 trip to Rome Valentino’s boutique on via Condotti was undergoing a renovation. To conceal the work-in-progress a wooden wall was erected and then covered in Valentino Red. The two nuns stopped in front of the red wall to pose for a friend. I could not resist taking a photo for myself of a sight that screamed “Rome!”.

Along the very fashionable via Condotti Valentino shares the street with other big names in Italian fashion, including Bruno Magli, Bulgari, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, La Perla, Prada, and Salvatore Ferragamo. Other luxury brands along this street at the foot of Piazza Espagna are Cartier and Christian Dior.

• oakweb's Profile Photo

Women's Clothing: The Castle Romano outlet.. Don't Go!

by oakweb Written Mar 24, 2009

The Castle Romano outlet is a waste of most shoppers time. By taxi from the center of Rome it will cost you at least $38 Euro, and once you get there it will cost $50 Euro to get back. There are no buses and the only Taxi back is private and at a fixed price.

The Restaurants are also poor at this location, nothing good to eat topped it all off for us. Waste of almost $100 Euro to travel out 30 minutes to a small outlet mall with Adidas, Pumas and Nike rejects.

It would be ok if they had a cheap shuttle, but I just don't understand their logic. Let's stick a outlet mall 30 minutes out of Rome and charge tourist 100 Euro to get to and from it.

My advice is to avoid this place, and stick to the other closer malls and shopping areas. If you are American or have shopped in Asia even, there is nothing special at this place that makes it worth the trip.

... Crazy