Airport Shuttles, Rome

• Airport Shuttles
    by vysnaite
  • Airport Shuttles
    by vysnaite

Know about this? Rate It!

• Powell721404's Profile Photo

Rome Airport Transportation

by Powell721404 Written Nov 3, 2014

Rome Airport Transportation and tours is a great company to use for transfers in Rome and beyond. I arrange tours to Italy and I have arranged multiple transfers and private driver/guides for my clients with Rome airport transportation.. Julia responds quickly to emails and has always been very helpful with special requests. They are there when they are scheduled to be with friendly drivers.
    I highly recommend Rome Airport transportation

• Cruise

• jayantamadhu's Profile Photo

FIUMICINO AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE FRAUD

by jayantamadhu Updated Jan 9, 2014

We landed at fiumicino at 21:00 pm and directly headed towards the train station to board Leonardo express to go directly to the TERMINI.
    We were first stopped by the cab drivers and told no trains this time.
    But since I was before checked the train time table which are 22:39 pm. 23:08 pm and 23:38 pm so we knew well the train is there. It was not so many people going to train station but we could find way. Most of the small shops were closed and we found some ticket vending machine to buy the tickets but we didn’t try because we had some Questions. So we were looking for ticket counter where we can buy directly with cash and ask if our 4 years old kid travel free with us. We finally could find the train which was almost ready to start and very few people inside. We found only one shop which is dont seems to be train company official counter but there was a lady selling tickets there. We directly ask her 2 two tickets for us by Leonardo express and asked if its 14 Euro and no ticket for our kid. SHE CONFIRMED BUT AFTER STARTED THE GAME. SHE SHOWED THE MAP AND TOLD THERE IS SOME REPAIR WORK GOING BEFORE THE TERMINI STATION SO TRAIN WILL NOT GO TILL THE END AND NOT IN PLATFORM. AND THERE HAVE TO WALK 15 MINS IN THIS COLD. BUT SAME PRICE THERE ARE SHUTTLE WHO CAN TAKE US. THE CATCH IS ALREADY THE SHUTTLE OPERATORS SET THE TRAP TO GET TRAVELER AND OFCROUSRE THE SALES LADY WILL HAVE SHARE IN THIS. I SIMPLY REFUSED THIS OFFER AND TOLD SORRY ITS NOT A PROBLEM I CAN WALK 15 MINS. She told me again and when saw I am not easy person she gave up and started talking to the shuttle guys in Italian. Unfortunately I saw there are few tourist already didn’t buy the train ticket and waiting for the shuttle. And the shuttle operators were waiting for more passenger to get into there bus./cab.

So be careful of such trap. Directly tell you don’t mind walking.

Also be careful about punching the ticket before getting in the train. It can be confusing because the automatic door have some light but don’t try to touch the ticket. There are small green colour punching machine which some work and some not. The QR code also dotn work. So it’s the best to try other machines if one is not working thee are few around. Insert the ticket and swap from left to right and you can hear odd printer sound. Means the date is printed. It must be readable else 100 Euro fine + ticket price.

Another very important thing is the train only one side the door opens. So if u see the side you are door not opening please came back and change the other door. If you are in hurry to get in make sure try first door and if you are in correct side. You are ok but wrong side the train will simply leave in front of you. There is non to help or tell you and you cant read anywhere the direction.

This is my first night in rome and I want to share my first night experience with fellow VT members.

If I experience some more unexpected things I will post that too 

Good stay in Rome.

• oRi_5's Profile Photo

Airport Shuttle Express

by oRi_5 Written Feb 14, 2012

We landed in Fiumicino airport and were planning to get the Leonardo Express Train to Termini Station (for €14) followed by the bus (for €1) to our hotel. We got to the Tourist Information/Ticket office at the train station in Fiumicino airport (in T3 level 1) and the guy at the desk asked us where we needed to go when we asked for the Train and bus tickets. He then said that if we use the Airport Shuttle Express it will cost us the same price (@ €15 each for 2 people), we have to wait less than for the train, travel less and get dropped off exactly at our door. It seemed like a good deal so we took it.

Leaving the airport we were put in a van together with another group of people who were dropped off before us at another hotel and then we were dropped off next. We found this very convenient - saved hassles of carrying luggage around, risking possible muggings and walking around aimlessly looking for our hotel. In fact we decided to use them for our return trip too.

They can be booked either online, or at the airport, or on a freephone number.

We would highly recommend this service - best and cheapest way to get to/from the airport for sure!!

• Airport shuttle service in rome

by Ataio Updated Jan 11, 2011

http://www.rome-airportshuttle.com/ has organised the Airport Transfer for our recent visit to rome. It was a great help and the drivers were very friendly. Our journey was swift and smooth . They have completely taken care of our need by providing satisfactory services to all of us.The return journey was equally good, with a lovely driver who arrived early this time .We will certainly recommend your company to our friends for future visits.

• milliturtle's Profile Photo

Airport shuttle from Fiumicino to Termini

by milliturtle Updated Jul 2, 2010

I just went to Rome at the end of May and took the shuttle bus to Termini from Fiumicino. It costs 8 euros and makes 2 stops - Piazza Cavour, then Termini. The stop is just outside the airport, across from the car waiting area. I think the company is called SIT Bus (I lost my ticket stub, so I can't confirm):

We arrived at Fiumicino at about 7:30am on a Sunday, so the traffic was pretty light and it only took us about 30 minutes to get to Termini. I think on regular days, the trip is supposed to take at least 1 hour ride. If time is very important, you might want to take the Leonardo express.

• Avoid taxi "ROME-SHUTTLE" Ciampino-Civitavecchia!

by 00soda00 Updated Jun 22, 2009

Taxi "ROME-SHUTTLE" from Ciampino to Civitavecchia - An experience to pass on...
    Reserved a taxi for 4 adults + luggage to make a round trip from the Ciampino airport to the port of Civitavecchia (where the cruises depart) with the company ROME-SHUTTLE (negotiated 235 euros); they have a web site: http: // www.rome-shuttle.com/
    They never came!!! And when we called them, the woman answered that we never reserved a taxi !!!
    Unfortunately, I gave my VISA card number to make the reservation and I’m afraid that this company use my card...
    What shall I do?
    Other info: we easily caught a taxi from the airport, and the prices are cheaper than those practised by the taxi companies found on internet: 100 to 120 euros one way (I made 5 quotations before leaving: the prices varies from 130 to 180 euros one way).
    *********************************************
    Taxi "ROME-SHUTTLE" Ciampino a Civitavecchia
    Un'esperienza a trasmettere...
    Hanno riservato un taxi per 4 adulti + bagagli per fare l'andata e ritorno dell'aeroporto di Ciampino al porto di Civitavecchia, col compagnia Rome-shuttle (a 120 euros l'andata e 115 euros il ritorno); hanno un sito internet: http://www.rome-shuttle.com /
    Non sono venuti mai !!! e quando si li è chiamati, la donna ci ha risposto non avere avuto mai un taxi riservato al nostro nome !!!
    Ho dato purtroppo il mio numero di Visto per bloccare questa prenotazione e ho avuto paura che questa compagnia non abusa della mia carta...
    Che cosa fare ?
    Altro info: si trova facilmente dei taxi all'aeroporto, ed i prezzi sono buoni meno cari di quelli praticato dalle compagnie di taxi trovato su internet: da 100 a 120 euros il tragitto (ho fatto fare 5 preventivi: i prezzi che variano di 130 a 180 euros il tragitto).
    *********************************************
    Taxi "ROME-SHUTTLE" Ciampino à Civitavecchia
    Une expérience à transmettre...
    Avons réservé un taxi pour 4 adultes + bagages pour faire l'aller-retour de l'aéroport de Ciampino au port de Civitavecchia (d'où partent les croisières) avec la compagnie ROME-SHUTTLE (prix négocié à 120 euros l'aller et 115 euros le retour); ils ont un site internet : http://www.rome-shuttle.com/
    Ils ne sont jamais venus !!! et lorsqu'on les a appelé, la femme nous a répondu n'avoir jamais eu un taxi réservé à notre nom !!!
    J'ai malheureusement donné mon numéro de VISA pour bloquer cette réservation et ai peur que cette compagnie n'abuse de ma carte...
    Que faire ?
    Autre info : on trouve facilement des taxis à l'aéroport, et les prix sont bien moins chers que ceux pratiqués par les compagnies de taxi trouvés sur internet : 100 à 120 euros le trajet (j'ai fait faire 5 devis : les prix variant de 130 à 180 euros le trajet).

• Cruise

• eileencat1's Profile Photo

Rome Airport Car & Shuttle Service

by eileencat1 Updated May 5, 2009

I've used this company about 8 times and wanted to share them with others. I have used the E-Class Benz car service to and from the airport for 50 Euro. This is for 1 or 2 persons and also used the Van when there were 4 of us.

Thyy have excellent prices and I like their service too!

• monica71's Profile Photo

Airport Transfer - RomeCabs

by monica71 Written Feb 13, 2009

I did a lot of reading prior to our vacation and decided to hire a taxi to get us from the airport to our apartment and back. We really did not want to deal with public transportation after a 10 hours plus trip from Chicago to Rome.
    We hired Rome Cabs to take care of our round trip transfer and we could not be happier for doing it. We paid 45 Euros for each transfer (all the private transfers start from 45 Euros and up).

My communication with Stefano, the company owner, was flawless. I got prompt answers to all my emails and he answered all my questions and concerns. You have to email him the flight information, so they can monitor the flight (just in case there are flight delays) and make sure somebody is waiting for you at the airport when you arrive. The payment is cash only, done after you are being dropped off at your final destination.

When we arrived in Rome, our cab driver was waiting for us at the airport, holding a sign with our names on it. Since our apartment was not ready for us until 10:30am, she took us on a one hour free ride around the city, pointing out the main attractions. On the day we left Rome, the driver came to our apartment and picked us up from there right on time.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo

Transported

by gilabrand Updated Jan 12, 2009

We used a company called Easy-Shuttle to get from Rome airport to our hotel, which was quite a drive outside the city (42 kilometers). The price was reasonable - EUR 55 for two - and the driver was waiting at the airport holding a sign with our name on it. Believe me, that can be reassuring when you step off the plane into a foreign country and you don't really know your way around.

Now, I like a bargain as much as the next person. and the idea of taking the airport bus or getting on the train to save a buck is always tempting, but you have to weigh the options. If your hotel is tucked away in some residential neighborhood or on the outskirts of Rome, you will probably need another bus/taxi/tram/subway to get where you are going. So do the math. The final tally may not be much higher.

A shuttle takes you straight to the door and saves you sore arms from dragging your luggage up and down flights of stairs, and across Rome's cobblestone streets. Better save your strength for later. You will need it. Don't believe the guidebooks that say Rome is small and easy to navigate. They are pulling your leg (and your leg muscles).

On the way back, we called the driver himself, Serafino, who speaks some English (speak slowly). He has his own fleet of cars. His number is 3479417380 or 3398965580. You can bargain with him (up to a point).

Also transported
    • Women's Travel
    • Religious Travel

• Plumeria54's Profile Photo

Shuttle from airport

by Plumeria54 Updated Apr 20, 2008

After arriving very tired from a long plane ride, it was nice to be greeted after baggage claim by the Roma Shuttle driver. Made it much easier to get into the center of Rome with luggage and being tired without having to find the train, find our way from the station, etc. Very friendly driver. Return trip to airport was with them also - they were at the hotel right on time. Reasonable price, especially if there are 2+ people in your group.
    Booked online through their website -- www.romashuttle.com

• Transportation to/from the airport

by 24debbie Written Jan 1, 2008

We booked transportation to/from Rome Airport through Viator.com. We ended up being a day late due to flight delays and had no trouble finding the shuttle desk in the airport. They did not give us any trouble about the dates. It was a clean bus and took us right to our hotel. I would recommend it highly

• Work Abroad

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Airports in Rome

by tini58de Updated Oct 5, 2007

Rome has at least two airports that I know of:

- Fiumicino or Leonardo da Vinci airport for airlines like Alitalia or our carrier Germanwings

- Ciampino for Ryan Air and other carriers.

Do make sure to check out, which airport you will be flying into!

Fiumicino Airport

• monorailgold's Profile Photo

the airport to your hotel

by monorailgold Written Sep 4, 2006

One of the easiest ways to get to your hotel from the fuimicino airport is to hire a private car. Now, this is not the least expensive way to get to your hotel but it is certainly one of the most convenient. I always use airportconnection.it . After I have picked up my luggage and gone thru all the security check points, they are waiting for me with a sign with my name on it. They help me with my luggage and have the car waiting for me at the curb. The cars are mercedes types and are new and clean. The drivers are all very nice and helpful and know how to get to all the hotels in the city. The fare is 45 euros each way and there is no extra charge for luggage. You email them the details of your trip and they will send you a confirmation email. They will pick you up at the times you request so there is never a worry. They can also advise you of travel time with traffic, to make it easier to plan your return trip to the airport.
    This company also offers sightseeing trips. If you are looking for a good limo service and/or tour company, visit their website: airportconnection.it They respond promptly to e-mails and are very reliable.

• Peccavi's Profile Photo

Airport shuttle

by Peccavi Written May 16, 2006

Getting from and to the airport with a pre-ordered airport shuttle is a good way to get where you need to go fast. Still - remember to stress for the hotel where you book the shuttle how many ppl. who are traveling and how much luggage you expect to bring. We were 6 ppl. traveling together and both from and to the airport the car we got was actually to small for all ppl. and luggage. On the trip to the airport we were stuffed like sardines in a box, and still they wanted €90 + tip for the trip. We didn`t pay the tip ,and the driver got mad - Italian style! :-)

• vysnaite's Profile Photo

Airports - Ciampino to/from Rome

by vysnaite Updated May 8, 2005

Ok, there are two main airports. Ciampino airport is a little bit out the town, but there's a bus leaving at least once in an hour to the center of Rome (right to the main Termini station from where you can take all the metro lines and busses). The bus stands in front of the airport, the ticket you can buy inside the airport. it costs about 6 euros, if my memory isn't cheating on me. It's also not a regular bus ticket that you'd be buying for other buses in Rome, so ask the ticket exacly for that bus.

Wanting to come back from Rome to Ciampino imagine that you go out the Termini station, you are facing the bus station, bus to Ciampino does not stand in the main bus station. go towards right, pass the street, bus to Ciampino stops there, the tickets you can buy in a hotel next to that bus stop.

Instant Answers: Rome