Vindicio Travel Guide

• Vindicio
  • Vindicio

Vindicio Local Customs

by unravelau Updated Apr 4, 2011

At a certain time through summer, the fire hazzard becomes extremely high (as you can imagine) and it is not unusual to see fires break out all over the mountains.

They have a pretty good system for fighting fires in this part of Italy whereby they utilise the services of a number of helicopters and a seaplane to dump water from the Gulf of Gaeta onto every outbreak. This one, had just started after I had had my first swim of the day (at Vindicio).

Mountain fire at Vindicio
    • Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Beaches

Vindicio Off The Beaten Path

by unravelau Updated Feb 12, 2005

From wherever you see it. This photo was taken looking toward the tip of the peninsula from one of the roads leading to the sea in Vindicio.

It is strange to think of a young Cicero (Cicerone to the Italians), strolling along these streets going about his business. His property may even have extended to this point -- I think that they (the ancient Romans) allowed themselves quite large parcels of land.

Gaeta Peninsula from Vindicio
    • Adventure Travel

Vindicio Favorites

by unravelau Updated Nov 11, 2006

Favorite thing: the Mediterranean appears to be compared to our surf. This pic taken fairly early in the season but still I was under this umbrella, and 30+ as protections for my skin. Later in the season I find that I am brown and burn less, but still use the 30+. Given that there is not a lot of movement, any rubbish that people throw in tends to be slower to disappear......................it can get quite junked up at the end of the season.

Fondest memory: I miss that relief of having the cool water of the Mediterranean on my skin and being able to really swim without the wave interference we experience in Australia.

Iandsmith laughs at me about this. He is a surfer, an Australian surfer from way back and continuing.... He said to me...that is why they call it surfing Carole...you know...waves and more waves....LOL. Ian, I like it calm and peaceful thank you.

The following is some surfing information in Italy.

My view of Vindicio Beach
    • Water Sports
    • Beaches
    • Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Vindicio

Comments

Vindicio Travel Guide
Map of Vindicio