4 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

Piazza Colombo, 32 - 16032, Camogli 0185 / 77.02.42

by marktynernyc
  • marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Porto Prego: taste the sea in seafood...

by marktynernyc Written Jun 23, 2004
    Porto Prego, Camogli

The hotel had recommended this place our first night. This restaurant is located near the harbor on the west end of the promenade - there is seating outdoors - the decor is simple. For antipasti I had anchovies with lemon (10.00) and my friend had mussels (10.00).   Anchovies were in season and very fresh - very simply prepared, lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. The mussels were the softest, plumpest, juiciest mussels I have ever tasted.  For primis - my friend had trofie al pesto (10.00) and I had pansoti in salsa di noci (ravioli full of green spices with walnut sauce / 9.00). The creamy walnut sauce was dense and rich - a strong contrast to the pesto. For secondos - my friend had the mixed fried fisha (18.00) and I had the pesce nostrano alla meditteranea (fish of the day / 20.00).   For wine we tried a Brunello de Montepiello 1997 (48.00) - this was the best red we had during the trip. Dessert was a chilled almond pudding with cherry liquer sauce - lightly sweet, a nice ending.  We also had a half bottle (which the owner comped) - cocktails (10.00) - an acqua in bottiglia (3.00). Service was included (10%=14.00) - the total: 158.   The quality here was very fresh - a tad pricey - but a very enjoyable evening.

Instant Answers: Camogli

Comments

Hotels Near Porto Prego
4.0 out of 5 stars