Porto Antico, Genoa

Know about this? Rate It!

by billus
    by billus
    by Fabrizio_M.
  • Cheewa's Profile Photo

Visit the PortI found my...

by Cheewa Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit the Port

I found my family history.

My big grandfather borned near Genova in 1865. (Lumarzo)

I visited churches for to obtain information about him with a guy I met in Internet: Andrea Schenone. He was very friendly with me!!!

More Info (English at Bottom)

Estuve en Genova donde encontre informacion de mi bisabuelo, que me servira para intentar obtener la ciudadania europea previendo algun trabajo en Europa en el futuro.

Genova es una ciudad... No, linda no es. Tiene algunos edificios muy lindos, pero el estado de conservacion es malo (me estoy complicando el leguaje para la traduccion al ingles...:-) )
    Me parecio una ciudad sucia... sin mantenimiento.

El Youth hostel esta en una montana y tiene una vista espectacular de la ciudad y el puerto. Por cierto el puerto fue remodelado en 1992 porque Colon era Genoves... jeje

**********ENGLISH *************
    I was in Genoa (Italy) were I found info about my big granfather. With that info I will try to obtain the european citizenship.

Genoa isn't a pretty city, but some buildings are very nice. Unfourtunately the buildings it needs maintenance service. It looks like a dirty city.

The Youth Hostel it has a great view of the city, because it's located at the top of a mountain.

Fondest memory: The panoramic view from my Hostel and to wlak for little streets with Ilaria and Andrea.

• billus's Profile Photo

The Nina, Pinta, or Santa...

by billus Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: The Nina, Pinta, or Santa Maria?

Fondest memory: from Ambassador Utttz:actually it seems that columbus was from terrarossa, a small village in the inland of chiavari and before going to spain he worked as a cartographer in portugal. The ship in genoa? well it's a fake one... it's the brand new set for polansky's movie 'pirates'. The columbus three were smaller... but really small!

• billus's Profile Photo

Genova's own RENZO PIANO...

by billus Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Genova's own RENZO PIANO designed this jaw-dropping high tech tribute to CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS, another famous Genovese

Fondest memory: Awww its just BEAUDIFUL!

Instant Answers: Genoa