Been here? Rate It!
Palazzo San Giorgioit's...
Palazzo San Giorgio
it's nowadays the headquarters of something to do with the harbour - something i can't translate (consorzio del porto, if you speak italian). There used to be a prison in there, many centuries ago, and someone dictated (wrote?) a 'guide-book' about Asia - quite some years before Marco Polo. Who and when exactly, I'll try and find out soon.
photo: detail of the palace façade
Within a few metres at Porto Antico is the "Aquarium" and the "Galata Museo del mare". Our favorit ship was "Neptun". The boat was built for Roman Polanskis movie "pirates"
- Historical Travel
- Museum Visits
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Genoa Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Province of Ilocos Sur Hotels
- Butuan City
- Point Dume State Beach Hotels
- Kløfta Hotels
- Booktown Hotels