Know about this? Rate It!
Having seen on a map that La Spezia has a cathedral, we wandered around trying to find it. So far, the churches we had visited in Italy were beautiful and antique, so I was looking forward to visiting "my first" cathedral there.
Unlike my expectations, it turned out that La Spezia's cathedral is a modern building, round shaped as a chimney, as shown on my photo. This doesn't necessarily mean that it is not nice; it is just that it didn't meet my expectations.
The city has a modern cathedral: in the Church of St. Mary of Assumption, you can admire a window depicting the Coronation of the Virgin by Andrea della Robbia, and the paintings of Fiasella, Lomi and Casoni.
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
La Spezia Travel Guide
Explore the World
- El Nido Hotels
- Curaçao Hotels
- Legaspi City
- Moab Hotels
- Knights Ferry Hotels
- South Korea
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path