La Spezia Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in La Spezia

• fdrich29's Profile Photo

Be cautious driving to Cinque Terre

by fdrich29 Written Aug 15, 2006

The road to the villages of Cinque Terre from La Spezia, although stunning, are extremely dangerous if you are not careful. Do not attempt to make the drive if you are the least bit tired or otherwise not at your peak performance level. The road weaves it's way up and through the mountainside. There is not much in the way of guardrails or shoulder on the road, which is barely wide enough for the two way traffic it accomodates. All it would take is one small mistake, one knee jerk reaction to an oncoming vehicle and you will find yourself plummeting to your demise hundreds of feet down to the sea. Try to avoid driving this road at night, as there is very little lighting to help your cause (we drove back after sunset). I'm very glad we were able to make this drive, and suggest anyone capable do the same, just take the proper precautions and you will be in for a very special ride.

• bcc8's Profile Photo

As of late February 2002 the...

by bcc8 Updated Aug 25, 2002

As of late February 2002 the trail between Manarola and Corniglia was closed. Being the curious fellow I am, I was determined to get around the blockades and I did manage to survive the path between the two towns. But I had to carefully scamper across a section of trail washed out by a rockslide (see photo), cross a closed bridge that had missing planks, and then I was forced to make my way down the cliff to the rocky beach below to get around another inaccessible section of the path. Climbing up through an aquaduct to get back to the trail from the beach was the easy part. It was fun, but risky! I recommend taking the train between Manarola and Corniglia...

• chrissyalex's Profile Photo

The sea was very rough when we...

by chrissyalex Updated Aug 25, 2002

The sea was very rough when we took the boat.I took some dimenhydrinate prior and I was fine.
    Also some trails are very narrow and not in the best condition. Be especially careful if wet.

• MattyBrown's Profile Photo

Looky Looky dudes

by MattyBrown Written May 28, 2008

Watch out for the Looky Looky dudes out on the streets trying to seel you random stuff. just say no and walk away.

The moment you show any interest, they all congriagte around you like flys round..........you know !!

Instant Answers: La Spezia

Comments

La Spezia Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of La Spezia warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for La Spezia sightseeing.