Places to eat in Manarola

Most Viewed Restaurants in Manarola

• flytheworld's Profile Photo

Marina Piccola: Great Seafood and Amazing Views

by flytheworld Written Jul 17, 2008

Marina Piccola is a great seafood restaurant in Manarola. The pastas are wonderful as well. There is a beautiful outdoor seating area right on the sea.

Favorite Dish: Squid ink pasta with shrimp.

• National/State Park

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

La Plancia Bar & Café: La Plancia Bar & Café - cafe by the harbour

by sue_stone Updated Feb 20, 2008

On our latest visit to Manarola in Sep 2007, we conveniently arrived just in time for morning tea. We wanted to have a coffee somewhere with a nice outlook, and came across La Plancia, which is located right by the harbour.

Favorite Dish: It is your typical Italian café/bar with standing room inside, and a shady seating area outside. We chose a table with the best view of the harbour, and a friendly waitress came and took our order - coffees all round, and we asked for some biscotti as well, expecting a small italian style biscuit.

In the end we were given some shortbread with choc chips, not quite what we were after, but tasty nevertheless.

• Lacristina's Profile Photo

Trattoria dal Billy: Antipasto with a View

by Lacristina Updated Apr 25, 2007

We asked our host, Andrea, of the B&B da Baranin, for some dinner recommendations. Dal Billy, just a 5 minute walk from da Baranin, the B&B in which we stayed, is located in a residential neighborhood - built into the side of the hill. Walk down the steps to the balcony - assuming you've made reservations for outside. Otherwise, there are two indoor rooms on two different levels.

Dal Billy is not on the coast, but has a wonderful view overlooking part of the city and the sea.

We ordered the house wine (as I almost always do in Italy) and we weren't disappointed. There were four of us, and we ordered two antipasti, two pastas, and two main courses, which all four of us shared. Paired with the good bread, it was just the right amount of food for us.

Billy (who also took our order) brought out fresh plates for all of us for each course. We love ordering food this way - we get to sample more of everything.

Total bill for the four of us, including wine and bottled water, about 70 euros.

Closed Thursday.

We asked Billy how someone whose real name is "Alberto" got the nickname Billy. He told us that when he was young, there wasn't much to do in town, so he spent time with his friends at a bar watching tv. There was a show with a character called Captain Billy, which he liked. The name stuck.

Favorite Dish: the antipasto di mare (seafood antipasto)

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Trattoria Il Poticciolo: Try the pesto

by rexvaughan Written Mar 22, 2005

This is not as complete a tip as I like to give, but it was so good I thought it needed a mention. I tried to find its location, but was unsuccessful. However I did read a few other reviews and they all rated it top notch. It was a small apparently family run restaurant with great food.

Favorite Dish: We had spaghetti with pomodoro salad and veal, lasagna con pesto and fresh fish of the day. It was all delicious.

As this area is where pesto was invented, you should try it anywhere you eat. We did in several places and it was incomparable.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Trattoria dal Billy: Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!

by rexvaughan Written Mar 19, 2005

Everything about this place was really good. We sat on a balcony overlooking the village below and the Mediterranean beyond it. The food was local and excellent as was the Cinque Terre wine. We also met a charming young couple from New York who were touring Italy on their way to meet their respective families. He workd for the NY Downtown Athletic Club where US college football's Heisman Trophy is awarded each year. Sadly we did not keep in touch with them and I wondered about them after 9-11 and tried to find him, but to no avail.

Favorite Dish: I am not a great seafood lover, but we both had sea bass and it was outstanding. I also had tagliatelle with pesto which was excellent as well. I think the CT is where pesto was invented. We washed it down with a bottle of CT wine so I felt like we had had a truly local meal.

• lamentforicarus's Profile Photo

Pizzeria La Cambusa: Cheap and Delicious Pizza

by lamentforicarus Updated Oct 11, 2004

At the Pizzeria La Cambusa, located on Manarola's main street near the busy harbor, cheap and tasty pizza is served up to hungry tourists and locals alike. An eight inch pizza margharita can be had for only €1.50. Focaccia and a variety of baked goods are also available, as is any number of wines, including Vino delle Cinque Terre.

• jlee008's Profile Photo

Il Porticcola: Seafood Pasta for Two

by jlee008 Updated Oct 10, 2004

This place has a home atmosphere to it and the owner and his wife serve you with much local energy and hospitality. The food was always excellent and they offered me my first taste of the famous sciacchetrà wine!!!

Favorite Dish: The seafood pasta dish for two was exquisite and kept us coming back to try other dishes daily.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

General Food Knowledge of the Area: Ligura Cuisine

by Jmill42 Written Mar 3, 2004

The Cinque Terre is situated in the region of Liguria in Italy, home of pesto, where lemon and lime trees grow abundantly and vineyards stretch as far as the eye can see. In all of the villages, you can delve into the local produce and produced specialties: the delicious Genovese Pesto which you can find at any restaurant, unique pasta twists made solely to eat with pesto. (Can you tell I LOVE pesto!!) Another "must have" is the limoncino, a sweet lemon dessert liqueur, that is meant to be SIPPED, not shot!!!

Now, who would have done such a stupid thing??

I wonder....

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Cinque Terra Hostel: For Hostelers Only!!

by Jmill42 Written Mar 3, 2004

Remember, ONLY persons staying at the hostel may eat here!!

With most of the restaurants in the towns catering to richer tourists, the Cinque Terra Hostel's restaurant is a good way to save money and still eat well. The serve an all-organic menu, in line with the regions hardline stance on promotion of smart eco-tourism .

Breakfast is offered for 3 Euro 50 and includes:

1 croissant - 1 roll - jam and butter
    plus, choice of yogurt, cereal and milk or melba toast and nutella (take the Nutella!!!), and choice of coffee, cappuccino, tea, hot chocolate, yogurt or orange juice.

Dinner options abound with:

pasta (with ligurian specialties such as "gnocchi al pesto" and "testaroli") (€ 5.00)

- special pasta (seafood/lasagne) (€ 6.00)

- salad (€ 5.00) - big salad (€ 7.00)

- pizza or caprese (fresh tomatoes and mozzarella) (€ 5.00)

- eggplant parmesan (€ 6.00)

- chicken cutlet (€ 3.00)- french fries (€ 3.00)

- three cheeses (€ 3.50)

Favorite Dish: Without a doubt my favorite dish of my entire trip was Gnocchi with pesto. I must have ate it 20 times. This restaurants version had a slight nutty taste to it (walnuts, I think), so it was a bit different from what I had had before. But, it was still excellent, and I completely recommend you try it!

• rstary's Profile Photo

Aristide Ristorante: Great place for breakfast

by rstary Updated Oct 6, 2003

They have fresh squeezed orange juice, espresso and the most delicious warm filled croissants. We ate our breakfast here on both mornings.

Favorite Dish: Warm Croissants!

Pick up your croissant and order your drink. You don't pay at the register until you're ready to leave.

• Trains
    • Hiking and Walking

• rstary's Profile Photo

Billy's: Recommended by the Locals!

by rstary Written Oct 6, 2003

I asked the locals in Manarola for a suggestion for dinner. They suggested we go to Billy's if we like seafood. We weren't dissappointed.

Favorite Dish: The calamari was excellent. Sea bass is also a specialty. Call for a reservation so you can be seated outside and see the vistas.

• Marina Piccola: Our Favorite Restaurant

by meckelly Written Oct 6, 2003

This restaurant was absolutely wonderful. My husband and I ended up having 4 meals there in 4 days. The Penne Agli Scampi is not to be missed!!! If you want to sit outside it is wise to make a reservation, but sitting inside is nearly as nice. The service is wonderful, and the meal is your entertainment for the night, so sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself. The evening can get expensive if you each have your own primi and secondi, but the owner did not seem offended when we would share one of the courses.

Favorite Dish: Without a doubt our favorite dish was the Penne Agli Scampi. It is a cream sauce on penne with a hint of Curry. This was our favorite dish anywhere. I am waiting for our 25th anniversary, when hopefully the restaurant and dish will still be there.

• Hiking and Walking

• oneonta_ni's Profile Photo

Il Porticola: Busy and friendly

by oneonta_ni Written Sep 30, 2003

I am not entirely sure I got the name right - I usually try to get a card but didn't find one this time. I had to rely on my memory until I got back to my journal where I could right it down!

It is on the main street going down to the harbour and was packed with visitors. The food, however, was nice and not the usual fodder served up to unsuspecting visitors.

Service was good considering how busy the place was and we had a table near the street so we could watch all the buzz.

Favorite Dish: GF had a really delicious swordfish pasta dish. Desserts were limited and we had lemon sorbet.

Manarola Hotels

Latest: Mar 20, 2014
Casa Capellini
Latest: Oct 16, 2013

Instant Answers: Manarola

Comments

Manarola Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Manarola locals.
Map of Manarola