Vernazza Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Vernazza

• La Buatta: Hand Made in Vernazza, Italy

by vitabella2007 Written Mar 9, 2013
    Cinque Terre T shirt in Black

La Buatta is a beautiful little shop, a gem in the heart of Vernazza and the Cinue Terre. It feels like a new found treasure when you walk in with beautiful colors and so much to see in such a small place, from hand made bowls,water jugs, olive oil sets and jewellery all made in Italy, to a very unique and beautiful t shirt.

What to buy: If you are looking for a t shirt that will be an amazing reminder of your trip to Vernazza and Cinque Terre, La Buatta is the place to go, not only for Vernazza but the Cinque Terre as a whole. I have yet to find one as nice.

What to pay: anywhere from 10 to 30 euro will get you a great gift from La Buatta,hand made in Italy

• Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

local shops: Not much to buy

by croisbeauty Updated Jun 7, 2012

souvenier shop

There are not many shops in Vernazza, actually there are only few of them. Usual souvenier shops with very poor offer, postcards and more postcards or derocated magnets for your frigo at home. Look strange but I couldn't find any authentic souvenier.

What to buy: To those who didn't know it, famous "pesto" sauce was invented here in Cinque Terre and buying it is a must. I would also suggest to buy a bottle of "Sciacchetra", a very specific local wine. It is sweet white "passito", a wine made from dried grapes with strong flavour.

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Local Wares: Not exactly a shopping tip, but...

by basstbn Written Nov 19, 2011

Vernazza is perhaps not a town where people go to do their shopping, but it does have several quaint little stores that may catch your fancy.

My main reason for posting this tip was a need for someplace to put this photo of a young married impatiently waiting for his bride to come out of this little woolen goods boutique. After 36 years of marriage I can still identify with him, although I am now more likely to just find a spot to sit a spell and enjoy an espresso or lemonade.

• Photography

• PierpaoloParadisi's Profile Photo

Fivestones: Fivestones: Autentic Souvenir of Cinque Terre

by PierpaoloParadisi Updated Mar 16, 2010

Fivestones is a very impressive line of souvenirs, all made with natural materials like wood, stones, twigs, twine, nails, paper and cork.

This is a line coordinated and articulated, high aesthetic quality, easily recognizable.

Fivestones is the creativity of Italian industrial production as opposed to the Asian market.
    In many Cinque Terre shops, infact, there are just souvenir that come from China, thailand and Corea.
    My souvenir are made in Italy, from italian handmade. Original and exclusive.
    In this link the rest of the production. Click here: http://alter-eno.yolasite.com/altri-lavori.php

You may buy Fivestones items from internet or calling me, and I come to you.
    When you are in Cinque Terre call me at number: 348 0459085 or, in the noon, at 0187 861042.
    I will come in your hotel for make see you my items and, just if you want, you may buy some of these.

Here some about me: http://www.cinqueterre.com/blog/gadgets-souvenir-cinque-terre

By
    Pierpaolo Paradisi

What to buy: Original and Autentic Souvenir han made in Italy (not China).

• National/State Park
    • Seniors

• xaver's Profile Photo

Enoteca sotto L'arco: Local Food & Drink

by xaver Written Nov 17, 2008

local liquors

This is a very nice shop that you find on the main road, when you get out of the station, it is on the left side of the street.

What to buy: I bought the excellent Sciaccatrà which is a very sweet wine(passito) done with the grapes of the park, some olive sauce, red pesto(typical pasta sauce) and the traditional pesto.

What to pay: The bottle of wine was 28 euro(expensive but really good) the pesto was about 3 euro.

• Wine Tasting

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Food shopping

by tini58de Updated Mar 24, 2007

Since we had a refrigerator in our room we could buy food and drink for our breakfast on our beautiful terrace! There are various little grocery shops on the main street as well as a fish seller, a wine shop and various delicacy shops and bakeries.

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Gelateria - if I only knew....: Need a birthday cake?

by tini58de Updated Mar 24, 2007

the baker lady

This was the greatest adventure in Cinque Terre:

I had somehow set my mind on getting my husband a birthday cake, but did not find a bakery that had any cakes.... plus I wanted to keep it a secret! So I managed to get away from hubby and asked at this one bakery. No, they did not have cakes, just bread, foccacia and rolls, but she showed me a gelateria (an ice cream parlor) and told me to ask there.

Okay, I hurried there and asked the lady about cakes. Hahahaha - not as easy as you think! Fortunately I am an audiologist and majored in deaf ed, so my sign language skills are pretty good - and thanks to VT I know birthday wishes in quite a few languages.... So, I pointed at my wedding band to show her that I was talking about my husband, then I said "compleannos" (which I do not even know if it is anything close to Italian, but apprently she understood) and then I said: "torta" and mumbled something like "piccolo"....... The hardest part was to make it clear to her that I needed the "tortina" the next morning!!!

Well, next morning at 8.30 h I arrived there and wanted to get the cake, but she only looked at me and said: "esta sera" - this evening!!! Oh, no!!! But then she told me to wait 20 minutes and in that time she made the best cake that we have ever eaten!!!

What to buy: A self made cake!!!

What to pay: Be prepared to pay quite a bit - but be sure that it is worth every single Euro!

• fdrich29's Profile Photo

Sotto L' Arco: Prodotti Tipici Delle Cinque Terre

by fdrich29 Updated Aug 18, 2006

Very friendly staff for this local shop catering to the wine crowd and those looking for typical Cinque Terre goods. Clean store, very well organized and a great selection of wines, olive oils and other 5T products.

What to buy: Wine typical of the region. The staff are very knowledgable on this subject and happy to help you make your selection.

What to pay: Very reasonable prices, just about 10 Euro for a bottle of wine.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Various shops in Vernazza: Cinque Terre Shopping

by sue_stone Updated Aug 3, 2004

shopping in Cinque Terre

There are some fabulous shops in Vernazza that sell a range of the local produce.

There are also a couple of shops selling local arts and crafts.

What to buy: Specialising in delicious products like fruit & veg, olives, anchovies and the best of all - local Cinque Terre wines.

Crafts include pottery and ceramics.

What to pay: Cheaper than big city prices.

• lamentforicarus's Profile Photo

Il Mercante d'Oriente: Italian Jewelry

by lamentforicarus Written Jul 24, 2004

Along Vernazza's main street, across from the pizzaria, is Il Mercante d'Oiente, a small jewelry shop with a display of colorful scarves set out in front. Wander in and take a look at the gorgeous mother-of-pearl necklaces, or the silver earrings. Prices are generally inexpensive and the owners, Stefano and Barbara Piola, are friendly and helpful.

Instant Answers: Vernazza

Comments

Vernazza Shopping

Reviews and photos of Vernazza shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vernazza sightseeing.