Bellagio Restaurants

Perch with butter and sage on rice
    by SallyM

Most Recent Restaurants in Bellagio

Hotel Metropole: Lakeside View

by SallyM Updated Jul 31, 2013
    Gnochetti with sausage ragu

The hotel Metropole is actually the very first hotel that opened in Bellagio, back in 1825. We chose to eat in its lakeside restaurant one evening because a thunderstorm was threatening and we wanted to eat somewhere under cover with a good view of lightning over the lake. From that point of view it was an excellent choice!

The food was also very good, though not outstanding. We both had gnocchetti with sausage ragu, then I had veal with spinach and my husband had trout with almonds, all of which were very tasty. The apple cake/tart that my husband chose for dessert was also good, but not as good as that at Trattoria San Giacomo.

However, the service wasn't perfect. We don't drink, so ordered a bottle of still mineral water to have with our meal. Shortly after this arrived, another waiter came with a carafe of white wine. When we explained we hadn't ordered it, he looked a bit confused. Still later, another waiter came with a bottle of sparkling water, which we also declined.

When the bill arrived, we found we had been charged for both the still water we had drunk and the sparkling water we sent back.

On another occasion we had a light lunch on the bar terrace. My salad nicoise was very good, but lacked any hard-boiled eggs.

Favorite Dish: Trout with almonds.

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

La Punta: La Punta

by Aurorae Updated Jul 29, 2013

Bellagio by Jelena

LA PUNTA is the only restaurant in this part of Bellagio. It has a splendid view on the lake and the park in front, with lovely spring foliage.
    Staff is very kind and pro, they speak several languages (English, German, French...)
    Menus are delicious!

Favorite Dish: Try antipasto di lago, a starter with freshwater fish of the lake, delicious!
    Then, gnochetti al gorgonzola or tagliattelle al salmone (I never know how to spell tagliatelle right!?)
    Don't forget limoncello!

La Punta: Panoramic views

by SallyM Written Jul 20, 2013
    Ravioli with cheese and walnuts

La Punta is located right on Punta Spartivento, the point of the triangle occupied by Bellagio, so you can see all three arms of the lake (Como, Lecco and Colico) and it makes the most of the location with plenty of terrace seating.

I tried the ravioli with a cheese and walnut filling, which was unusual, but very good. My main course of lake fish (lavarello) with sage and butter was also delicious. My husband went for tortelloni followed by fritto misto.

I was intrigued by the dessert billed as 'chocolate and rhubarb tart', partly because it seemed an unlikely combination in the first place and partly because rhubarb isn't a typically Italian ingredient. It turned out to be more of a mousse/trifle type dessert, served in a glass, and not tasting noticeably of chocolate or rhubarb. My husband's chocolate fondant was a better choice.

La Grotta: Friendly pasta and pizza restaurant

by SallyM Updated Jul 20, 2013
    Tortelloni at La Grotta

La Grotta is a little bit hidden away, up a narrow salita and round a corner, but there is a sign at street level.

It's really a pasta and pizza place. I had squid ink gnocchi with salmon, which was one of the best things I ate on the whole trip, followed by grilled lake fish. My husband had some tortelloni, which were also good, and swordfish (from frozen, but perfectly OK).

Desserts appear to be bought in and were OK, but nothing special. Cheescake was quite good, but tiramisu was a little dry. It's probably best to go here for pizza or pasta and then visit a gelateria later for dessert.

Service was very good.

Favorite Dish: Gnocchi with salmon - absolutely wonderful. The picture doesn't really do it justice.

Hotel du Lac Terrace Bar/Cafe: Beware of the Pigeons

by SallyM Written Jul 19, 2013

Orange risotto with perch

The Hotel has a formal restaurant on the first floor (i.e. upstairs - I think that is 2nd floor in US English), but also serves meals in the ground floor cafe terrace.

This is a good option for light eaters as the menu includes one course plates (though you can also have a full meal).

We decided to try the one course plates and I went for the orange risotto with lake perch (delicious), and my husband had risotto with osso buco, also very good. However, we are greedy, so we decided to have dessert as well. My husband had a tasting plate of desserts (canoli, citrus parfait and tiramisu) and I had biscotti with chocolate dipping sauce (this would be a good choice for sharing).

Whilst we were waiting for our food, two pigeons came to help themselves to the leftover nuts in a bowl at the neighbouring table where a couple had been having drinks. They were really getting stuck in by the time the waiter arrived to shoo them away and really didn’t want to go – he actually had to push one of them off the table.

Favorite Dish: The orange risotto with perch was excellent. They also have a very tempting display of cakes.

• Photography

Trattoria San Giacomo: Great food at good value prices

by SallyM Updated Jul 19, 2013
    Trattoria San Giacomo

This trattoria offers two fixed price menus of 3 courses at €25 a head, one featuring fish and one with meat. We both opted for the fish menu.

It proved to be an excellent choice. The staff were friendly and the service was excellent. The three courses: trio of lake fish; pasta with tuna; grilled trout with salad were all very tasty, so we went crazy and ordered dessert as well.

We liked it so much we did something quite unusual for us, and went back another evening. Normally we like to sample as many restaurants as possible. The second time we tried the main menu. I had parma ham and melon, followed by chicken cacciatore with polenta, and my husband chose a salami platter followed by perch with butter and sage served with rice (another local speciality).

It's quite a small restaurant, but popular. On both occasions we visited people were sitting on steps outside in Salita Serbelloni waiting for a table.

We don't drink, but I got the impression that they had a good selection of wines (and, oddly, whiskies).

Favorite Dish: I think the trio of lake fish was particularly good, and is something you won't get at home. The chocolate cake also passed by husband's very exacting standards. It's quite plain to look at, but tastes wonderful.

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Local Restaurants: In the Event of Hunger

by basstbn Written Mar 10, 2013

We did not eat while in Bellagio, as we planned to dine at our inn in Cadenabbia that evening. However, we did note a variety of place in which to eat, ranging from some fine dining establishments at the three classy hotels to these more modest places shown in the photos.

• Wine Tasting

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Pasticceria Bar San Remo: Wonderful gelato designs!

by Gillybob Written Jul 8, 2012

Pasticceria Bar Sanremo

After wandering the streets of Bellagio, we were back down in the main shopping/restaurant area and decided to finish our day with one of the great mounds of gelato, cream and fruit that were offered by a number of the lakeside restaurants/eateries.

We were seated on the lakeside terrace with views over Lake Como and consulted the menu from which we chose tart, lemon drinks and I ordered a Coppa Sanremo - a beauty in strawberries and cream!

Favorite Dish: The coppa sanremo - wonderful layers of strawberries, whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, finished off with a rolled ice cream waffle. Delicious!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

HOTEL EXCELSIOR GELATO BOUTIQUE: GELATO

by LoriPori Written Jul 1, 2012

As we only spent the afternoon in Bellagio, we did not take the time to eat in a restaurant, but we did have our "Gelato" from the Gelato Boutique at HOTEL EXCELSIOR.
    Hans chose a chocolate latte with a waffle cone and I chose Pistachio with a waffle cone. We just had one scoop, but that was plenty big enough and those were 2 Euros each. Kate and Jerry had some gelato also and we all sat in the front where there were little patio tables and we could watch the goings on in Bellagio.

• lesliefravel's Profile Photo

Vecchio Aureggio: Best Pizzeria on Lake Como!

by lesliefravel Written May 18, 2011

Vecchio Aureggio Pizzeria

This little, family friendly gem, located a ten minute stroll from Bellagio center in the hamlet of Aureggio, is not to be missed. With views of both sides of the lake, Vecchio Aureggio's pizza and local cuisine is unsurpassed. Salad greens come fresh from Armando's garden, pizzas are baked in a wood oven--all with exceptional value. This affordably priced pizzeria caters to couples, singles, and families. Where else could your children play bocce ball while you and your partner sip vino as the sun dips behind the mountains across the lake? This could be the best kept secret on the lake.

Favorite Dish: Pizza Pugliese is my favorite. Loaded with sauteed onions and local cheese, this pizza never fails to impress. Desserts such as crostata and tiramisu are homemade. Local specialties such as polenta, lasagna, and melon with prosciutto are always delicious.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Silvo: Lakeview table

by Openseas Updated Apr 4, 2011

the restaurant Silvo is located in the Hotel Silvo and specializes in fresh seafood. The service can be terrible at times but its worth waiting for the fresh fish which has just been caught in the lake.

Favorite Dish: Fish of the day.

• Business Travel

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Alle Darsene: quaint waterfront cafe

by Openseas Updated Apr 4, 2011

This restaurant is located in Loppia just near Villa Melzi Gardens. You can easily reach the restaurant by walking through the gorgeous gardens. Car-Parking is available. The restaurant is housed in an old historical building which was once used as a convent.

Favorite Dish: Fresh noodles with prawns and chilli.

Fillet of white lake fish or the T/bone steak.

• Business Travel

• The Harley Davidson Cafe, Las Vegas: Good deal and Great value

by William&Jayne Updated Nov 28, 2010

We were at the Bellagio on Thanksgiving with no plans for dinner. The hotel was offering a $40 buffet along with a 4 hour wait (No thank you). So we ventured down the strip and saw that the Harley Davidson Cafe was offering a $20 Thanksgiving Dinner. It had everything we could want;Soup, salad, moist turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, ham,stuffing, grilled vegetables, cranberry sauce and dessert. The ambiance was fun with plenty of Hogs floating around and the music was right on their target demographic (45 plus). Please visit Omar at the bar and I hope you get Victor the Chef. We had a great time.

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Terrazza Metrolpole: Lakeside dining at its best

by Herkbert Written Jun 26, 2010

Terrazzo Metropole

Having lunch on a beautiful, sunny day on a terrace next to Lake Como is as close to perfect as I can think of. If it had any more ambience I would have forgotten all about my meal.

Our meals were fresh caprese salads to start, followed by raviolis for me and buckwheat pasta for Sue. A nice bottle of prosecco helped to keep us hydrated. The meals were both delicious and good sized portions.

We already had dinner reservations or we would have gone back for dinner one of our evenings.

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

La Grotta: Pizza, pizza, pizza!

by Herkbert Written Jun 26, 2010

La Grotta

Nice restaurant / pizzeria located just off of Piazza Mazzini. You take some steep steps up to the restaurant, but the walk is worth it. Inside the decor is simple, but pleasant. As soon as you walk in, you can see the guys making pizzas in the kitchen and the smell is wonderful.

Besides pizza, they also have salads, pastas and meat dishes to satisfy your hunger. Our pizzas were pretty big and filling, so much so that we took almost 3/4's of one 'To Go'. We had a nice bottle of rose wine to wash it down and the bill only came to 40 Euro with tip.

For a great light meal consider trying La Grotta.

Favorite Dish: The Pizza! We both had pizzas there that were delicious. Handmade with fresh ingredients and piping hot from the oven. What more can I say.

Instant Answers: Bellagio

Comments

Bellagio Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bellagio restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bellagio sightseeing.