Bellagio Restaurants

Perch with butter and sage on rice
    by SallyM

Most Recent Restaurants in Bellagio

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Terrazza Barchetta: Nice romantic dining experience

by Herkbert Written Jun 26, 2010

Terrazza Barchetta is a very nice place for a romantic dinner in Bellagio. The restaurant is located upstairs from a more casual sister restaurant, and is nicely decorated and spaced. As the evening progressed, the light from the candles made for a delightful glow throughout the restaurant.

Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted and presented with a tasty spritzer once seated. The staff were all very friendly and attentive, smiling and helping while we attempted to order and converse throughout the meal.

Our meals were both very good. We started with a raviolini - ravioli filled with lakefish. Sue then had the grilled lake fish, which had a flavor that was similar to trout. I had the veal scaloppini. We had a bottle of Conte d'Attiames Maniage 2009 Sauvignon Blanc which paired up nicely with our meals.

For dessert, we had the zabligione and a chocolate torte cake. Everything was delicious.

We enjoyed the restaurant and the meals. I thought the pricees were reasonable for a more upscale restaurant. I'd recommend it to others and would return.

Favorite Dish: I think my Veal Melaneze (veal scaloppini) gets the nod this time. It was very tender and tasty. The accompanying vegetables were also good and left me full and satisfied. Luckily, I saved a little room for dessert.

Ristorante Barchetta Nice ambience in the dining room Veal Melaneze Grilled lakefish
    • Trains

• Barchetta: Barchetta complex for all tastes

by lakeswimmer Written Apr 21, 2009

I discovered the new Barchetta services during my last visit to town and I have been surprised by the new traditional italian kitchen at the street level inn where I was entertained by Bruno who offered me a superlative Primitivo wine. Furthermore the newly opened bed and breakfast mantains same high quality with affordable prices. The right choice to be in Bellagio manin town centre without renouncing to anything.

Favorite Dish: Pizza, salads, Primitivo wine along with typical cheese tasting

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Caffe Vecchio Borgo

by MalenaN Updated Feb 28, 2009

After walking around for a while in Bellagio I looked for a place in the centre where I could sit down and eat something. On the street leading to the Cathedral I saw Caffe Vecchio Borgo, which was open and looked nice, and already had some customers.
    I had a big panini with tomato, mozzarella and lettuce for 5 Euro and a coca-cola for 3.30 Euro. It all tasted very good and from the window table I could watch people go by.

Panini at Caffe Vecchio Borgo

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Café by the lake

by MalenaN Written Feb 28, 2009

There are several cafés with a lake view. And before taking the bus back to Como I found a good place to sit down at, in the sun. It felt great to be sitting outside in the warming sun in February. I can’t remember the name of the café but it is situated next to Hotel Metropole and near where the ferries dock. The café itself is on the opposite side of the road. I had a hot chocolate with whipped cream (something I have recently started to appreciate as I before always ordered coffee). It was not as good as the one I had had in Como, but absolutely good! It was 4.00 Euro (February 2009).

• Barchetta restuarant: lovely home cooked food!

by rkmidda Written Jun 3, 2008

lovely food in a side street in Belaggio, great pizza, great pasta, me and mywife shared dishes, great buzz in the bar area where we ate. The resturant terrace upstairs is supposedly great too as from what other travellers had told us at the time. You can watch the guy making your pizza as you sit down to eat. great tasting food the most important thing.

La Pergola: Hotel Ristorante

by Openseas Updated Dec 17, 2007

This restaurant is located in Pescallo and has a divine terrace restaurant oozing with charm and character.The centre of Bellagio is but 10 minutes' walk along the olives trees to Spartivento Point. The restaurant is housed in a building dated back to the 1500's and was used centuries ago as a convent.

The terrace restaurant has fabulous views and set under the vine leaves. The food is excellent and uses traditional family recipes and local ingredients such as the famous olive oil of Tremezzo and cheeses.

Favorite Dish: Polenta

• Beer Tasting

La Punta: Terrace panoramic views

by Openseas Updated Dec 17, 2007

Delightful outdoor waterfront setting with beautiful views of Lake Como.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the salted-dried fresh-water fish, served with a side toast with butter
    Bresaola meat (Thinly sliced, dried beef served with olive oil and lemon) and hubby tried the
    Meat tortellini with ham in a creamy sauce.

• Business Travel

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Hotel Bellagio: waterfront terrace dining.

by Openseas Updated Dec 17, 2007

This is little terrace restaurant overlooking stunning Lake Como is well worth your effort to try.
    Its situated in Hotel Metropole which is perched on the waterfront. An excellent lunch time spot to enjoy a light meal and a glass of vino.

Favorite Dish: Pasta

• Business Travel

Terrazza Serbelloni: Villa Serbelloni

by Openseas Updated Dec 17, 2007

This restaurant is located in the Grand Hotel Vila Serbelloni on the terrace facing the panorama view of Lake Como.

It specializes in Italian and international cuisine and is absolutely gorgeous for a romantic dinner.

Casual dress for lunch.

Formal/ smart casual for dinner ie shirt / jacket (no tie, unless you want to wear one).

Live music plays through out the night.

Reservations are advisable and a must in summer time.

Favorite Dish: Fish dishes.

• Spa and Resort

• Hotel Swiss: Good Food on the lakeshore

by reenby Written Jul 16, 2007

The Swiss Hotel restuarant opens onto the lakefront where you can sit inside or outside on the arcade.

The restuarant was busy when we sat down which is always a good sign. The food was delicious and nicely served.

The only downside I would mention was the ladies loo, which really needs refurbishment.

So a nice place for dinner, but wait till you get back to your hotel if you can.

• Ristorante Barchetta: Dinner on the terrace

by reenby Written Jul 16, 2007

This was our favourite restaurant in Bellagio.

Its up one of the little side streets and then up a flight of stairs to the terrace. The staff are very friendly and very knowledgable about the food. The choice is very wide, from pasta to fish to wonderful steaks.

Everything was cooked beautifully and was delicious

• Jen611's Profile Photo

Far Out: Great, non-touristy restaurant

by Jen611 Written Jun 15, 2007

We enjoyed a great meal in Bellagio our first night, at a place down one of the narrow side streets by our hotel, called Far Out (www.farout.it). It was actually recommended by the driver, who we randomly ran into on the street, as we were searching for a place to eat. Cute place, with very flavorful food, featuring their local fish and wine, and it was also reasonably priced.

• San Giacomo: Get there early!

by yorkshirekate Updated Mar 28, 2007

We decided to go to San Giacomo our first night in Bellagio - col mid-week evening out of season. It was full. And they don't take bookings. The following evening we joined the crowd waiting outside at opening time and were we glad we did. Four of us each had different local anitpasti and main dishes so we could taste and swap around. My own osso buco was the best ever and my friends grilled lake fish was simple, fresh and to die for. My husband has decided my beef stew isn't the world's best after all. A really lovely chianti classico riserva - the owner apologised for charging a wapping 20 euro for it - went down smoothly with everything and for a total of 125 euro including the tip for four people we passed a very pleasant three hours over dinner - did I mention the desserts? had to give half my chocolate tart to husband because I just couldn't fit it in, and I tried to, I really did.
    The room was simple and comfortable and we were impressed with efforts the staff put into finding local food to suit the palates of two american sixth graders at the next table - the kids went from reluctant to enthusiasts in the course of the evening.

Favorite Dish: The osso buco with polenta was simple and simply delicious. I didn't order until I'd cross examined the owner, because I won't eat veal that has spent its life in a crate in the dark, but this animal had been properly reared by its mother which meant that the meat was darker than cruelty veal but was full of flavour and meltingly delicious. The bland slices of polenta - husband got one of those too because I couldn't fit it in - were the perfect accompaniment. This sort of simple home cooking is the hardest thing there is to get right, but San Giacomo got it right

• Peterodl's Profile Photo

Trattoria San Giacomo: Trattoria San Giacomo

by Peterodl Written Dec 12, 2005

Family run for over 30 years this restaurant has been operating since 1973 and offers the largest selection of wine in Bellagio (over 100 lables).
    The menu is full of fresh, local favourites and Italian favourites for a reasonable price.
    There is an outdoor eating area where you can sit and watch people go by.
    I met a couple from the states while I was waiting for my order and the husband was in a conference at the Carnage Institute house on the hill above Bellagio.

The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the town and things to do (if you ask) and treat you as part of the family.

Favorite Dish: I had the
    FETTUCCINE FRESCHE ALLA BOLOGNESE
    Fresh fettuccini with meat sauce

The sauce was thick and stuck to the fettuccini. It wasn't watered down and was full of flavor. It, along with a nice bottle of red wine, filled me up nicely after a long day of walking up and down Bellagio's steps.

Trattoria San Giacomo entrance at Trattoria San Giacomo map to Trattoria San Giacomo

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

I forgot! :-(: Bellagio Downtown

by Aurorae Written May 13, 2005

This wonderful restaurant is in the very heart of Bellagio, on the main street (where navigazione ferry station is), right under Villa Serbelloni hotel, with a spectacular view over the lake! The sun is there all day long and you can enjoy yourself under the shade of trees.
    Pity I forgot the name, shame on me...

Bellagio by Jelena

Instant Answers: Bellagio

Comments

Bellagio Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bellagio restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bellagio sightseeing.