Bergamo What to Pack

• What to Pack
    by o00o

Most Recent What to Pack in Bergamo

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Things to pack for a trip in October

by suvanki Updated Dec 30, 2011

Prepare for Rain!!!

Luggage and bags: From the airport either catch the bus or a taxi, so you don't have to carry your baggage too far. A day sac for carrying your camera, guide book etc

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: COMFY SHOES! the paving can be a bit rough- cobbles etc- In Citta Alta there is plenty to walk around and see, plus plenty of climbing towers etc if you want to.

In early October, it was quite sunny, though it got quite cool at night-I was glad that I'd packed a lightweight jumper. Loose fitting/ adjustable trousers/ skirts - Bergamo is 'Foodie Heaven' so there's a good chance that your waist line will expand!

Umbrella/ Waterproof Jacket-The weather can be changeable- we got caught in a downpour in April, as did my friend in September.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: There are pharmacies in Bergamo-one next to the funicular station at Citta Alta. Bring prescription medicines with you though.

Photo Equipment: Carry as much as you can- Bergamo is very photogenic!! There are camera shops in Citta Alta. A word of warning- my hostel didn't appear to have any sockets to recharge my cameras batteries - The lamps were plugged into 2 pin sockets which were slimmer than my adaptor plug. So I had a mega panic on my last day as my memory cards were full, and my batteries were run down - I had to rely on my phone camera for my last few pics!

Miscellaneous: Binoculars for views from the towers, or from the walls
    Compeed etc for blisters, tissues/ wet wipes for the conveniences (WC).

• Paolomusc's Profile Photo

Travel lightly

by Paolomusc Updated Jan 28, 2011

Travel as lightly as possible

Luggage and bags: I always find that with cheap flights being so popular, its quicker through the airports if you just take cabin baggage (As well as being cheaper) but this means travelling very lightly, so take things that have similar colour schemes so you can mix and match to make it look like you have brought lots of clothes. Always remember if travelling light, you CANNOT buy things out there as you will not be able to get them back. If you want to buy things, you will need to take hold baggage and pay whatever the airlines charges for this.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Don't forget too that at present in Europe you cannot carry things like tooth paste, shaving cream or face cream in your hand baggage, so if travelling light as I suggest, you will have to buy them as soon as you get there, and leave them behind when you leave.

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Singles
    • Seniors

• montana32's Profile Photo

some things are tough to get hold of in italy

by montana32 Written Apr 12, 2007

Luggage and bags: bring a small cooler bag for cheeses

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: good stout shoes for the cobbled streets of cita alta

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: condoms are not usually available in italy outside of chemists so stock up before you go.

Miscellaneous: remember tobacconists shut at funny times in italy so make sure you have plenty of ciggys and also not many place sell rizlas so bring these too

• Work Abroad

• antz's Profile Photo

Sunglasses!

by antz Written Oct 20, 2006

Miscellaneous: Whatever you do - if you are going to Bergamo (even Italy in general) make sure that you take a pair of sunglasses with you! It would appear that everyone in Italy wears sunglasses all the time - even inside and at night!! It is more of a fashion accessorie rather than for the need to protect your eyes me thinks...however, I have to admit, I started doing it myself!

• Bergamo2000's Profile Photo

Packing List

by Bergamo2000 Updated Aug 25, 2002

Luggage and bags: Bergamo, the province of Pope John XXIII, deserves to spent a day for visit the great numbers of churches that there are in the town. You must photograph them and you'll have a really picture of the land for your
    memory of the holiday.

• sim1's Profile Photo

Packing List

by sim1 Updated Aug 25, 2002

Miscellaneous:
    I am afraid this was the end of my tour through Bergamo. I hoped you enjoyed reading my page :-)
    What ever you do, and where ever you go in Italy, you certainly have to take your camera and enough rolls of film. This country has so many photo oppertunities, that you will run out of film in no time!

This is not the only page I have written about Italy. Here is an overview of my other Italian pages :

PS : You can click on the titels to go to the travelpages.

Italy

overview of Italy

Alberobello
    Siena
    Piano Grande
    I have been to Italy three times now, and I just love this country. I made a beautiful overview page of Italy, that you really should take a look at. But besides that, I made quite a few detailed pages also. You can see an overview of those detailed pages underneath.

Pisa, Italy

Tower of Pisa
    Campo di Miracoli
    Tower of Pisa
    Well, who doesn't recognize this picture: the leaning tower of Pisa! The tower is very famous and I had seen it a million times on pictures already. But to actually stand there and look at it was a weird experience. It was so familiar but so magnificent at the same time to finally see this famous tower with my own eyes.

Trieste, Italy

Castle Miramare
    Statue in Trieste
    Muggia
    Two days ago, I was saying goodbye to Cristiano, after the VT meeting in Bergamo.... but not for long! Although I didn't know at that time, I saw him again two days later already!!! We had so much fun together, that we decided to go to Trieste for the last day of our trip and meet Christiano for a second time. He made us so welcome here, and showed us his beautiful hometown. Thanks Cris!!! You are a fantastic friend!

Venice, Italy

In October 2001 I made a short trip to Italy and visited Bergamo, Trieste and Venice. On this page I want to tell you about my two days in beautiful Venice.

Instant Answers: Bergamo

Comments

Bergamo What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Bergamo what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bergamo sightseeing.