Pasticceria Monti, Como

1 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

Piazza Cavour 21 031-301165

Yummy hot chocolate with whipped cream
    by MalenaN
  • Paticeria Monti: Rude is true!

by papamdora Written Jul 15, 2011

This is a typical local cafe that has everything except politeness, especially for the turists.
    The staff and supervisor were rude when we asked for complimentary chips and olives with our beer (6.50e) and said that they don't give. Well that was wrong as all the other tables with locals were full of them and sure they did not ask, as many were left for the... pigeons.
    So if you want a view of the lake with good service, try somewhere else.

• Pasticceria Monti: Horrible experience

by surf_j Updated Feb 21, 2010

I read about this lakeside cafe on the Internet before arriving at Como. After arriving, excitedly we went there to get us some sandwiches for lunch. Unfortunately, the service staff was rude and unfriendly. We had to wait quite a while and realising she is not going to ask if we wanted to order something, we asked her if we could get some sandwiches for takeaway. She looked and sounded most impatient as if we were wasting her time and mumbled something in Italian which we couldnt understand. As we proceeded to pay at the cashier, the food was still behind the counter with the woman, the man at the cashier started glaring and scolding someone in Italian. Iniitially we thought it was us, but turned out to be a waiter behind us. FInally he turned his attention to us and gave us a "what???" look. We said we are paying for the takeaway, and again with a most unfriendly look, he told us the price. We paid and left and never again will walk into that shop. Altogether a horrible experience which marred the start of our Como trip.

Favorite Dish: NONE.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Pasticceria Monti

by MalenaN Written Mar 1, 2009

Yummy hot chocolate with whipped cream

This café has a great location for people watching as it is on a square in the centre, just across the road from the lake. They have pastries, ice-cream, sandwiches different coffees etc. I had a hot chocolate with whipped cream. It was the best chocolate I had during my week in Italy. It was thick and tasty. The price for the chocolate was 4.80 Euro (February 2009).
    The café has many outdoor tables and that’s where I sat down, very happy to be able to sit outside in the sun in February. The bad thing was that four smokers sat down at the table next to me and the wind blow all the smoke on me.

Instant Answers: Como

Comments

Hotels Near Pasticceria Monti
3.5 out of 5 stars