Desenzano Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Desenzano

• kglazebrook's Profile Photo

Ristorante Otium: Must See Wine Bar

by kglazebrook Written May 13, 2007

We decided to dine at one of the local wine bars in Desenzano del Garda and could not have made a better choice!

Otium provided superb service, superb wine, superb food and the ambience was unparalleled to anything we had tried.

The staff speaks very little English - be prepared.

Favorite Dish: Couldn't pick a favorite dish it was all so good but wine was easy - Valpolicello Superiore Classico Ripasso - you can't go wrong with this one!

• MoreBarTime11's Profile Photo

New Break Pub: Worth finding it!

by MoreBarTime11 Written Jul 28, 2005

A funky interior decor, but comfortable and small.

Super friendly staff and a nice menu selection. Portions are large.

Favorite Dish: My husband would say Cubana, a spicy pasta.
    I would say anything with seafood---theirs is perfect!

Closed Wed/Thursday.
    Open 7pm-3am

• carfan's Profile Photo

You wont starve!

by carfan Written Jun 2, 2005

We ate in a different restaurant each night we were in Desenzano.I can honestly say we didnt have a bad meal the whole time we were there.

There are a variety of restaurants, with a variety of prices and dishes to match.Im sure you'll find something to meet your needs.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Handy dandy spot for a quick snack upon arrival

by mapakettle Updated Oct 20, 2004

As you walk from the station towards the town center, you will pass this little place to your left, about three quarters of the way down the hill. Lovely awning, and great patio, perfect for spreading out your map to prepare your trek.

Sandwiches, pizza, quick snacks are their specialty, and it's great to sit outside and enjoy a cold beer., while enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun.

There is also a bakery right beside it, unfortunately closed when we were there.

Favorite Dish: Typical foods, nothing really outstanding, but the food is certainly cheaper than the same fare as is found in the center.

• Trains

• SwedeSarah's Profile Photo

Pizza and ice cream = yummy

by SwedeSarah Updated Aug 8, 2004

Italian pizza

If you want a nice and cheap Italian lunch, go to Piazza Matteotti where you have some places to choose from. You can also sit outdoors, but I think this costs a bit extra. We sat on a wall and that was fine.

Favorite Dish: First, I had pizza with mozzarella and tomato. You can decide how big piece you want. I think the price was about 10 Euro / kg, if I'm not completely mistaken. It wasn't expensive anyway. This place (don't remember the name), also sells delicious cookies.

Then you can go to a place next door to buy some ice cream for dessert. All the flavours looked really fantastic, but I settled for hazelnut and vanilla.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Cavallino: For the gourmet...

by mapakettle Updated May 4, 2004

Ma Kettle and I can not speak from personal experience for this eatery. It came highly recommended by a kindly old gentleman who sat down beside us as we were tossing crackers to the swans.

He warned us that it was pricey, but very good.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

La Lepre: Another gourmet treat...

by mapakettle Written May 4, 2004

Once again, the nice old fellow told us about this restaurant. We tried, but unfortunately it was booked until after ten that night, and no meal is worth losing my beauty sleep over. So we declined.

We ended up having a quick, but expensive, sandwich at a little bar on the piazza instead. So much for sampling the local fare. Maybe next time.

Instant Answers: Desenzano

Comments

Desenzano Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Desenzano restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Desenzano sightseeing.