Lago di Garda Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lago di Garda

• Anjutka's Profile Photo

Bar, Ristorante, Pizzeria ALFIO: A nice surprise at an unexpected place

by Anjutka Updated Aug 23, 2007

it was just after we left the lake at the way back home a few km north of the lake and the town Arco. We thought first only about a pizza to save time and not to come home to Telfs too late. We stopped at the parking of a supermarket which was already closed but the parking full of local cars so we entered the restaurant/pizzeria there. We found the last free table in the spacious rooms and when we saw the menu and what the other guests were eating we abandoned the idea of the pizza and started a great local culinarian adventure which was at the end only 38 EUR for both of us everything included.

Favorite Dish: I forgot the names of most of the dishes but I remember that I had a great fish soup and one of the other dishes had the unforgettable name "strangolapreti" which Lothar translated as "strangle the clerics", a wish quite understandable 300 years ago in an area where the church, in particular the bishop who had a romantic palace for his maitresse nearby, extorted all the money from the Trentino people...

• PelLihi's Profile Photo

Osteria alla Rosa: Homemade pasta!

by PelLihi Written May 23, 2007

This osteria offers delicious homemade pasta dishes!! They also have an extensive wine card with local wines from the region.
    This restaurant is a must when you visit Malcesine.

Favorite Dish: Polenta with rough local sausages

• Al Pirata: Open till very Late!!

by djferros Written Oct 9, 2006

This restuarant has a Pirate theme. It was ideal for us as we arrived so late that every other restuarant was cloesd!!

At this point we were not too bothered if the restuarant was bad or not but it turned out to be quite good.

Seemed to also have a large Bar area.

Total bill came to 28 euros.

Favorite Dish: My girl friend got trout from the lake which came with fries and I ordered a pizza. The foods was really quite nice and I especially loved the house wine so i drank half a litre!

I don't normally have fish but was quite impressed with my gf's that i ordered fish the next day from another restuarant.

I believe if you order pasta they fire-up a large block of cheese in front of you and the chef applies it to your taste. Looked quite impressive but could be just for show.

• Wine Tasting

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Ristorante Hotel du Lac: Typical touristical restaurant

by Luchonda Updated Jun 20, 2006

Hotel du Lac

Situated at one of the many boarders of the Garda Lake Islands
    I never visited the Hotel itself - so no comment, but the Hotel next door seems to have more stars and luxury. (Grand Hotel)
    The resto itself of the Hotel du Lac : i prefer the many small restaurants, with a more private and familiar athmosphere

Favorite Dish: The restaurant itself offers a daily menu :
    - Antipasta di Pesce - Fish Salad
    - Risotto zafferano e vongole - Risotto saffron and clams
    - Pesce persico al limone e contorni - Perch with lemon sauce and season vegts
    - Dolce du Lac - dessert

• Wine Tasting

• Fredkay's Profile Photo

Sirmione's Restaurants: Excellent food, great service, nice atmosphere!

by Fredkay Written Jun 13, 2006

Sirmione has a vast array of restaurants all of which offered a great choice of meals and all of which were very impressive! While I unfortunately can't remember the names of most of the restaurants, we ate somewhere different every night we were there and were never let down! Service generally was very good, with the waiters appreciating what little Italian we had. Prices weren't bad either, for a prima pasta, anti pasta, half litre of wine and bottled water, generally we paid between €45 - €60 and slightly above in one or two places. This was for two people.The mussles in white wine sauce are super in every place we went to, the local wine is cheap and very nice, and the pasta...those Italians know how to make pasta! For dessert, i'd always recommend just leaving the restaurant and going to one of the many ice cream shops where the choice is amazing! This way ya get to walk off dinner and soak up the atmosphere of the town.

Favorite Dish: All pasta, especially the ravioli, tortellini were amazing wherever we went in Sirmione. They really seem to like their seafood and was very impressive, especially the sea bass and mussles which were extremely tasty. Ice cream after from any of the Gelato shops were nicer than anything from back home!

• venteeocho's Profile Photo

Fresh truffles

by venteeocho Written Jun 7, 2005

Eating fresh truffles means being on the spot, ready to go, as soon as they spore. The place to do this is in the Italian city of Alba, in the region of Piemonte, at the end of September when the annual Fiero del Tartufo (Truffle Fair) takes place. It's worth visiting the old medieval town for a few days before the fair to acclimatise yourself for a fortnight of indulgent dining. Alba is a gourmand's arcadia - rows of Italian delicatessens stocked with homemade condiments, difficult-to-get ingredients and hardly-heard-of regional delicacies.

Favorite Dish: The fair itself begins in the last weekend in September and heats up with a parade followed by the Palio degli asini - a bareback mule race that cheekily moons the nearby town of Asti and its more serious horse race. By the second weekend in October the fair swings into full gear with cultural events galore, wine-tasting aplenty, a fungi display in the Palazzo dei Congress, and the chance to have truffles with everything.

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Restaurant Alla Rotonda: Restaurant Alla Rotonda

by JLBG Written May 14, 2005

An assortment of cheese. Unfortunately, when I asked the young girl that had served us (obviously not a regular waiter !) to name them, she was unable to name a single one ! The first right on the top row can be a pecorino (ewe cheese) and the second a well seasoned old Parmigiano Reggiano. Sorry for the others but I can say they were excellent.

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Restaurant Alla Rotonda: Restaurant Alla Rotonda

by JLBG Written May 14, 2005

One entrance is on the main road, another on the back street. They have a wide covered terrace. The food is excellent.
    Kid, donkey or pork stews
    Excellent gnocchi della nonna
    Varied antipasti with smoked trout, Sardine pate, stuffed red pepper, etc…

• Anjutka's Profile Photo

The further away from the lake the better

by Anjutka Updated Apr 14, 2005

I had two of my three nicest Italian restaurant experiences in the Trentino area in some distance from the lake (the third one was in the Trentino, too!). Unfortunately I have forgotten the names of the one in Nago (I hope my friend Lothar still knows it) but I can try to describe it. See below.. Both restaurants have in common that they are mainly visited by locals. For all, the atmosphere, the friendly staff and first of all the food I have only one word: GREAT.

Favorite Dish: I can not name a specific dish, all was excellent and Lothar and me shared all what we ordered so we both could taste in each place six or so courses: If you do not understand the menu (it is mostly in Italian and partly in German but not in English) it is probably the best to discuss it with the waiters and to follow their suggestions. It is all good. It is in general a good idea in Italy to eat at places which are really crowded by the locals - they know why.

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

La Botte: La Botte

by Aurorae Written Dec 8, 2004

Lago di Garda by Jelena

Pizzeria-Ristorante LA BOTTE is a VERY LOVELY restaurant near the castle, and in the heart of Sirmione, with very delicious food. It serves extremely delicious pizza and all the other dishes from the Italian menu, it has a lovely interior and also tables outside. It was so full when I was there, people were even waiting in the queue to enter, and there was more than ten people waiting! Then, it must be really good... :) And it was, indeed!
    It's closed on Tuesdays.

• nighthawk's Profile Photo

Bambu: Delicious Melone!

by nighthawk Written Sep 15, 2004

Truth to be said ... the melons were more than delicious!
    But the owner, ah well, he was just a stubbern old goat who wasn t willing to help us talk the lingo ..

We were quietely eating our watermelon when suddenly our girls became very giggly and turned red ... when we looked what had drawn their attention we saw some Italian guy playing with his willy ... yerch!
    You can imagine! we left the place in a hurry!

Favorite Dish: The watermelon tasted just delicious! Never had one like it since!

• SwedeSarah's Profile Photo

Great pizza in Lazise!

by SwedeSarah Written Aug 17, 2004

Lazise street

Here, you can buy cheap but delicious pizza. You decide for yourself what size you want. I think they sold some other food as well. This place was very small and there was no place to sit, but we found a bench on the seaside walk.

I'm not sure what this place is called, sorry! I hope you can find it anyway. You can see it in the pic I took, it's where the people are standing.

Favorite Dish: I had a pizza with mushrooms, mozzarella and tomato sauce. We also had some really great fries, or patatina fritta as it's called in Italian.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Hotel Paradiso: Vertigo Lunch!

by freya_heaven Updated Aug 10, 2004

Chefs@Paradiso, Tremosine

This place has a wonderful situation high on a cliff top above Lake Garda with splendid panoramic views. They have a platform here over hanging the cliff over the lake 500 meters high. NOT A CHANCE I would get on it, but Derek got some great video from there.

When we arrived there was already a group there & as you can see in the photo, chefs were cooking their food in front of them.

As usual the choice of veggie food was not great, so we settled for pasta, which was nice enough. The views alone make this place worth visiting.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

Ristorante Pizzeria Albergo Alpino: Pizza heaven

by iandsmith Written May 29, 2004

Favorite Dish: I reintroduced myself to pizza capricciosa here and the ever-so-helpful waiter gave me interesting information on how to get the best pizza.
    One tip I'll pass on to you. If you're trying to do it electrically, forget it. Pizzas and electricity don't mix.
    The service was good, the food excellent and my only complaint was that smoking is allowed (like most Italian resturants) and someone was eating with their dog alongside.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

La Forgia: Ala Garda

by croisbeauty Updated Apr 2, 2004

Restaurant

La Forgia is a small family hotel and restaurant situated right next to the lakeshore of Garda. It is my favorite restaurant in Lazise because it offers good food & service on moderate price.

Favorite Dish: When I am here am always ordering seafood which is very well prepared. After you can have good local wines, according to your preferences, take red wine from near Bardolino or white eine from Custozza or Soave.

Instant Answers: Lago di Garda

Comments

Lago di Garda Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lago di Garda restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lago di Garda sightseeing.

View all Lago di Garda hotels