Lago di Garda Restaurants

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

La Botte: La Botte

by Aurorae Written Dec 8, 2004

Lago di Garda by Jelena

Pizzeria-Ristorante LA BOTTE is a VERY LOVELY restaurant near the castle, and in the heart of Sirmione, with very delicious food. It serves extremely delicious pizza and all the other dishes from the Italian menu, it has a lovely interior and also tables outside. It was so full when I was there, people were even waiting in the queue to enter, and there was more than ten people waiting! Then, it must be really good... :) And it was, indeed!
    It's closed on Tuesdays.

• Anjutka's Profile Photo

Bar, Ristorante, Pizzeria ALFIO: A nice surprise at an unexpected place

by Anjutka Updated Aug 23, 2007

it was just after we left the lake at the way back home a few km north of the lake and the town Arco. We thought first only about a pizza to save time and not to come home to Telfs too late. We stopped at the parking of a supermarket which was already closed but the parking full of local cars so we entered the restaurant/pizzeria there. We found the last free table in the spacious rooms and when we saw the menu and what the other guests were eating we abandoned the idea of the pizza and started a great local culinarian adventure which was at the end only 38 EUR for both of us everything included.

Favorite Dish: I forgot the names of most of the dishes but I remember that I had a great fish soup and one of the other dishes had the unforgettable name "strangolapreti" which Lothar translated as "strangle the clerics", a wish quite understandable 300 years ago in an area where the church, in particular the bishop who had a romantic palace for his maitresse nearby, extorted all the money from the Trentino people...

• Anjutka's Profile Photo

The further away from the lake the better

by Anjutka Updated Apr 14, 2005

I had two of my three nicest Italian restaurant experiences in the Trentino area in some distance from the lake (the third one was in the Trentino, too!). Unfortunately I have forgotten the names of the one in Nago (I hope my friend Lothar still knows it) but I can try to describe it. See below.. Both restaurants have in common that they are mainly visited by locals. For all, the atmosphere, the friendly staff and first of all the food I have only one word: GREAT.

Favorite Dish: I can not name a specific dish, all was excellent and Lothar and me shared all what we ordered so we both could taste in each place six or so courses: If you do not understand the menu (it is mostly in Italian and partly in German but not in English) it is probably the best to discuss it with the waiters and to follow their suggestions. It is all good. It is in general a good idea in Italy to eat at places which are really crowded by the locals - they know why.

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Restaurant Alla Rotonda: Restaurant Alla Rotonda

by JLBG Written May 14, 2005

One entrance is on the main road, another on the back street. They have a wide covered terrace. The food is excellent.
    Kid, donkey or pork stews
    Excellent gnocchi della nonna
    Varied antipasti with smoked trout, Sardine pate, stuffed red pepper, etc…

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Restaurant Alla Rotonda: Restaurant Alla Rotonda

by JLBG Written May 14, 2005

An assortment of cheese. Unfortunately, when I asked the young girl that had served us (obviously not a regular waiter !) to name them, she was unable to name a single one ! The first right on the top row can be a pecorino (ewe cheese) and the second a well seasoned old Parmigiano Reggiano. Sorry for the others but I can say they were excellent.

• Bell'Arrivo: Service and dishes are perfect!

by kedi+ Written Apr 14, 2003

A view..

It's in Bardolino. When you enter the town, just beside the lake. I suggest you to have sea food there. They're very fresh and well cooked and delicious!! 8))
    The atmosphere was very nice..

Favorite Dish: Octopus soup was interesting.. Trota I suggest you..

Osteria Santo Cielo: Atmospheric Osteria

Osteria Santo Cielo Malcesine

I was hungry after wandering around Malcesine, and I wanted a salad, but I could only find Pizzerias or fast food. There was a strong smell of frying and burgers lingering in the air :-(

I was about to give up - I had just over an hour until the ferry left for Brenzone- when I came across a small square with tables outside an Osteria.

An Osteria is a tavern rather than a restaurant, serving wines, beers, food and snacks.

My limited experience of eating /drinking in Italian Osterias, is that they are often more atmospheric than restaurants, are good value, with the emphasis on good quality ingredients, served simply. They are often frequented by local diners, not just tourists/visitors.

I perused a menu - there was a selection of salads - and an absence of cooking fumes!!

I had to wait quite a while to be served - there was only one person serving and preparing the food, and he'd disappeared for a while, so I ventured inside, ready to place my order.

I was completely bowled over- a dark cellar like room with a very well stocked bar of wine and beers, and a food area with salads, antipasto, cheeses etc - I couldn't resist taking a couple of pics.

I ordered a salad and a beer, and sat in the sun under a parasol, eagerly anticipating the arrival of my food.

It was well worth waiting for - an attractively arranged fresh, crisp looking salad, fresh bread, balsamic vinegar and olive oil -

I don't know if the waiter/chef was the owner - (Since my return home I've found there is a web page, which says Hella Nods is the owner of this place - it doesn't sound like an Italian name, and he didn't look typically Italian)

He was a bit of a dour character, but I'd much rather come to a place with great food and atmosphere, where the staff aren't falsely cheerful - I think he let the food speak for itself!

This was the hi-light of my visit to Malcesine!

If I return to Lake Garda, I'd return to Malcesine just to visit this traditional authentic Osteria - A Great find!!!! Recommended!

Favorite Dish: My salad was just what I wanted- Good Quality, a variety of fresh ingredients, and attractively served.

The accompanying fresh brown bread, balsamic vinegar and olive oil was a bonus - I love bread dipped in these 2 condiments!

Lettuce, tomato, olives, radish, sweetcorn, grated carrots, onion all served in a bowl. This was 6.50 Euros

My draught beer was good too - cold and crisp - a German pilsner.

• Beer Tasting

Restaurante del Lago: Brenzone Restaurant

Hotel Brenzone and Restaurant del Lago Brenzone

I stayed in Brenzone for 4 nights and I ate here each night.

It was near to my hotel, there was a friendly atmosphere and I felt comfortable here. The food was quite good too.

The open fronted restaurant faces onto the lake. The restaurant is part of Hotel Brenzone

A mix of clientele - all ages, and different nationalities.

The staff were very friendly - all were professional and polite.

The menu was varied and printed in Italian, German and English.

One of the waiters spoke excellent English, the others had some English - which was still better than my very little Italian.

On my first night, I ordered escalope in lemon sauce from the menu - the waiter appeared to have understood, but apparently he hadn't- there was a delay in getting my order, but I was given a free aperitif.

The food each night was good. The service could be a bit hit and miss - but was always good humoured. One night I was charged for bread that I hadn't received, but another night I wasn't charged for a glass of wine!

The tradition of this restaurant was that at the end of your meal, you were offered a complimentary glass of 'Mamas Grappa' (presumably a home brewed hooch version of this local digestif). On my first night I hesitantly accepted- Years ago I'd been told by someone of their experiences of trying Grappa, and they'd described it so revoltingly, that I was expecting something disgusting - Well it was quite pleasant!

'Mama' often appeared in the restaurant - and she always had a chat with everyone there.

I'm not sure if she was the owner, or the manager, or the chef, but she was a bit of a character!

Favorite Dish: I ate here on 4 occasions. Each meal was very tasty and nicely presented.

My first night I ate Veal Escalope in a lemon sauce (10.50 Euro)- with a glass of (superior) wine (3 Euro ) and a (0.75L) bottle of carbonated water (2 Euro)
    The total bill was 15.50 Euros

Glass of house wine 2.50 Euros
    Tiramisu 3 Euros
    Total 16.50 Euros

3rd night
    Bread and water as before
    1 bottle wine - (Valpolicello) which was saved for me to finish the next night - 16 euros
    Perch with almonds and sage - 11 Euros
    Espresso coffee 1.30 Euros
    Total 31.30 Euros

4th night
    Bread and coffee as before
    Seafood salad -9 Euros
    Total 11.30 Euros

• Beaches

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

Ristorante Pizzeria Albergo Alpino: Pizza heaven

by iandsmith Written May 29, 2004

Favorite Dish: I reintroduced myself to pizza capricciosa here and the ever-so-helpful waiter gave me interesting information on how to get the best pizza.
    One tip I'll pass on to you. If you're trying to do it electrically, forget it. Pizzas and electricity don't mix.
    The service was good, the food excellent and my only complaint was that smoking is allowed (like most Italian resturants) and someone was eating with their dog alongside.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Kambusa: Ala Garda

by croisbeauty Updated Nov 18, 2003

Restaurant

"Kambusa" is one of the best restaurants in the small village of Lazise, which I strongly recommend.

Favorite Dish: The food is fresh and very well prepared, afterall it has an Italian cuisine.
    Take a local dish:
    - zuppa alla verdura
    - carne bolito con intorni
    - white wine, I recommend "Bianco di Custozza"

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

La Forgia: Ala Garda

by croisbeauty Updated Apr 2, 2004

Restaurant

La Forgia is a small family hotel and restaurant situated right next to the lakeshore of Garda. It is my favorite restaurant in Lazise because it offers good food & service on moderate price.

Favorite Dish: When I am here am always ordering seafood which is very well prepared. After you can have good local wines, according to your preferences, take red wine from near Bardolino or white eine from Custozza or Soave.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Ristorante Hotel du Lac: Typical touristical restaurant

by Luchonda Updated Jun 20, 2006

Hotel du Lac

Situated at one of the many boarders of the Garda Lake Islands
    I never visited the Hotel itself - so no comment, but the Hotel next door seems to have more stars and luxury. (Grand Hotel)
    The resto itself of the Hotel du Lac : i prefer the many small restaurants, with a more private and familiar athmosphere

Favorite Dish: The restaurant itself offers a daily menu :
    - Antipasta di Pesce - Fish Salad
    - Risotto zafferano e vongole - Risotto saffron and clams
    - Pesce persico al limone e contorni - Perch with lemon sauce and season vegts
    - Dolce du Lac - dessert

Bar Pub La Pinta: Bar in Brenzone

La Pinta and Harbour Brenzone. Lake Garda

This small bar was next to the mooring harbour in Brenzone, and within staggering distance of my hotel! (Club Da Baia)

The inside bar has seating. There are also a few high stools and tables outside the bar, then across the narrow road, in front of the harbour there is more comfortable seating and tables.

A pleasant place to sit - and chill!

There is a rock bar atmosphere - Italian rock music on CD, and the appearance of the bar staff, but the clientele was a mix of ages.

I really liked this place - I felt quite comfortable, as a lone female.

As far as I could see, this was the only bar in Brenzone - apart from those in the hotels and restaurants.

A selection of beers - bottled and draught, wines, spirits, cocktails, soft drinks and coffee. Snacks served including Panninis 4 Euro, Tost 3 euros

A Mojito cost 5 euros, as did Gin and Tonic, bottle of Becks 3 euros

Favorite Dish: I only tried the beer here - which was good -a draught Worsteiner

2.00 euros 0.2 litre glass

• davesut's Profile Photo

snack bar!!: Moniga DEl Garda snack at the beach

by davesut Updated Jun 1, 2008

note only Italian spoken here - bella, bella

Great for panninis and drinks this snack bar on the harbour and close to the Beach served up good quality stuff for us - recommend for lunch if you are on the beach or at the harbour waiting for a ferry.

• baronedivandastad's Profile Photo

Antica Trattoria La Speranzina: Lakefish with a view

by baronedivandastad Updated Apr 4, 2011

Art and taste combined.

We chose this place because of its attractive position inside the town of Sirmione, at the tip of the lovely peninsula that stretches out inside the lake from the southernmost point of the shore.

Now our judgement is a bit hampered by the weather, as it was a summer day and everyone was out. We were told to wait 10 minutes, and after about that time, one of the heaviest rain showers I've seen in my life poured down on us, forcing everyone who sat outside to relocate indoors.

At that point I really believed we would never get anything to eat, but after some people got up and paid our turn came. We were treated with mixed seafood starters, lobster pasta, outstanding lakefish and an excellent dessert.

Service is ensured by the young couple (Italian man, Estonian woman) who run the place with a professional and friendly attitude. The quality of food is high, and the preparation is very stylish and tasty.

All in all, a very good experience, with obviously matching prices. My wallet was very thin that night (I believe the bill summed up to 140 euros for two, and that was with a bottle of wine for two).

Favorite Dish: The dessert - if only I remembered how it's called...

Instant Answers: Lago di Garda

Comments

Lago di Garda Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lago di Garda restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lago di Garda sightseeing.

View all Lago di Garda hotels