Lecco Warnings and Dangers

Lecco by Jelena
    by Aurorae

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Lecco

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Public transport schedules on public holidays

by Ekaterinburg Updated Aug 29, 2012

The train station at Lecco

My trip to Lecco happened on 02.06.2012, a Saturday and public holiday in Italy. The outward journey from Bergamo was problem free but trying to return later that evening, was quite a different matter.

I bought my ticket having checked the time and correct platform for my journey. Then I found the platform and waited. Waited, waited and waited some more. About half an hour after the train was due to arrive, I was joined on the platform by four other VTrs, returning from a day in Bellagio and we waited for what seemed like an age on a platform without any shelter and temperatures well in the 30's. After one of our party investigated we discovered we had to move platforms and wait some more. The train came eventually and after a journey that stopped everywhere and anywhere, we eventually got back to Bergamo about 6.30.

Apparently, this disruption of schedules on public holidays isn't at all unusual so bear it in mind when planning your journey time.

Something else to note is that there is more then one entrance to the station at Lecco. Arriving there, we stopped at the main station and went out through the main entrance. However. the return journey was from a platform reached by going out of the main building, crossing the square in front and climbing up lots of steps. It can be confusing so leave plenty of time to catch your train and ask a staff member for directions if you can't find the platform.

• Trains
    • Hiking and Walking

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

Agressive swans

by Aurorae Written May 22, 2003

Lecco by Jelena

Swans aren't nearly as naive as they seem. If they are in the bad mood, or disturbed in their activity, they are very agressive and love to scream and fight! They rise up and start swaying their wings, screaming and showing their sharp teeth! They can run fast and you better not let them catch you!

Instant Answers: Lecco

Comments

Lecco Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Lecco warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lecco sightseeing.