Limone sul Garda Shopping

• Selection of the masks displayed for sale
    Selection of the masks displayed for...
    by SabrinaSummerville

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

I Dogi: Wonderful Masks

by SabrinaSummerville Written Oct 6, 2006

Stunning entrance doorway

I Dogi is a delightful shop on a delightfully narrow Italian street accessed through a truly delightful doorway.

I was captivated by the exterior of the shop which bewitched me and called me inside. There I was further entranced by the wonderfully desirable items on sale.

Many shops throughout this part of Italy sell masks, but those on display and for sale in this shop are superior to most. The majority of them are hand made in Limone itself and I indulged in a filigree silver female half mask of papier mache. It is so delicate that I feared it might be damaged on the flight home, but it was so well wrapped by the careful staff that I am proud now to display it undamaged.

There is also a lovely selection on Murano glass for sale here - particularly the smaller easy to carry items - jewelry, wine bottle stoppers, tiny glass animals etc.

Although I bought quite a number of small items here, the staff took great care to wrap each item individually in prettily coloured little paper bags with gold tags.

What to buy: Look out for the locally made masks. They come with a guarantee and are autographed by the artist.

What to pay: Even for an elaborate mask, I found that the prices were not too expensive.

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

just an indicator: This tunnel warns 'Shops ahead'

by mapakettle Written Nov 9, 2005

Ma Kettle and I are not shoppers, but I love to look, Ma is disinterested. Great pair huh?

This little tunnel affair leads you directly into the old town shopping area. This was mid afternoon when we arrived, and shops in Italy close between 1300 and 1600 hrs, so gates were closed, shutters pulled tight. However, a few hangers on were fighting for our attention, and from first appearance, it looks like leather goods are popular, and at a surprisingly fair price.

What to buy: Look for the extravirgin olive oil that is famous for this area. The climate is more Mediterranean due to the moderating factor of Lake Garda, and Mount Baldo acts as a natural shield against excessive winds, allowing for an ideal growing season for the olive groves.

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Limone sul Garda

Comments

Limone sul Garda Shopping

Reviews and photos of Limone sul Garda shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Limone sul Garda sightseeing.

View all Limone sul Garda hotels