Menaggio Favorites

Morgan in Menaggio
    by tpal

Most Recent Favorites in Menaggio

• SamH51's Profile Photo

Known For coffee shops, gelaterias and resturants

by SamH51 Written Mar 1, 2013

Favorite thing: The town located on the western shores doesn’t receive huge inflow of vacationers. There is no death of coffee shops, gelaterias and restaurants. For the ones passionate about golf, there is a lake-front mini golf.

Fondest memory: holiday villas Lake Como in Menaggio could be easy to find as compared to other places where property prices are sky high.

• tpal's Profile Photo

Takes Me Back

by tpal Updated Nov 11, 2004

Morgan in Menaggio

Fondest memory: On vacation the unexpected is what I relish. I am not much of a car enthusiast, at least, not these days. But, in 1967 driving was much more than mere transportation. On a pleasant June afternoon I fell in love with ... a white Morgan sports car. In the blink of an eye the decision was made. I would return after dinner with checkbook in hand and she would be mine.

Home now. Full of excitement and anticipation. Pickup the mail and rush inside. "What's this fat manila envelope?" What's this !@*#! "Greetings", from Uncle Sam? I was drafted into the military. :-(((

That would be the closest I'd ever be to the dream car of my youth until Carol and I turned a corner in Menaggio. Carol seemed puzzled by my sudden lack of interest architecture and my uncharacteristic automobile fascination, but I was stunned. There she was just as remembered her, leather hood strap and all. I guess 37 years later the spark is still there.

• Great touristinfo

by annamantere Written Jul 17, 2003

Favorite thing: there´s a good touristinfo in the town. It´s on the mainsquare. They have good info-leaflets about events both in Menaggio and around Menaggio. Staff is very helpful and friendly, plus speaks good english. Drop in to find out if there´s a feast or a market happening in the town you shouldn´t miss.

Instant Answers: Menaggio

Comments

Menaggio Favorites

Reviews and photos of Menaggio favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Menaggio sightseeing.