Menaggio Restaurants

The day's range of gelato
    Bar Gelateria il Gabbiano
    by Gillybob
    Uno coni piccolo - limone!

Most Recent Restaurants in Menaggio

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Bar Gelateria il Gabbiano: Good gelato!

by Gillybob Written Jul 8, 2012
    Bar Gelateria il Gabbiano

Gelateria are commonplace throughout Italy; this one is situated on a short detour from the lakeside promenade in Menaggio and offered a great opportunity when we were walking along the route to return to the ferry terminal.

As it was a hot day and we were looking for just something light to keep us going, I chose a small cone (uno coni piccolo) and chose lemon sorbet.

The lemon sorbet was fresh, tart and delicious - a great choice which refreshed.

If I recollect correctly, Sue chose the peach gelato - which was equally yummy!

The bar also offers a wider menu and there is a lakeside seating area. Whilst we were there, it appeared that some customers were disgruntled with the service to the lakeside seating area - I only observed two people serving both the lakeside seating area and the gelato counter.

Favorite Dish: Uno coni piccolo topped off with limone (lemon) - a tart gelato which refreshed the mouth on a hot day.

• Pizzeria

by annamantere Updated Jul 10, 2003

This was absolutely one of the best pizzas I´ve ever had! Really thin and tasty! Prices were quite cheap, pizzas up from 4-5 euros. Wine was cheap and very nice. And the staff and the surroundings were ok. There´s no view to the lake from here, so you don´t have to pay extra for that. There were lots of locals here, I quess that´s good...? The only thing is, that I really cannot remember the name of this place, but you get there by walking all the way to the end of the boulevard to the gates of the swimmingpoolarea. From the gates go left to the small alleyway an it´s right at the end of the alley.. hope you´ll find it. It doesn´t look too charming from outside, but the food is great!

Favorite Dish: In Italy I would go for pizza or pasta... In this place I too Pizza and wasn´t let down!

Instant Answers: Menaggio

Comments

Menaggio Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Menaggio restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Menaggio sightseeing.