Central station, Milan

Know about this? Rate It!

Eurostar
    by kedi+
  • Central station
    by Erkmen
  • Central station
    by Erkmen
  • Our trip from Ferrara to Milano

by kedi+ Written May 23, 2003

Favorite thing: To go to Milan, this time we preferred to take a train. We had an Inter regionale from Ferrara to Bologna and we had Eurostar from Bologna to Milano. It took just 1.45 hour to arrive to Central Station of Milan or "Stazione Centrale di Milano".

Eurostar

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Left Luggage

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 1, 2013

Favorite thing: Located inside the Milan Central Station is a "Left Luggage" for the convenience of travelers who want to spend a few hours (or days, I guess) exploring some of Milan before taking trains to other locations.

I was taking a late train to Como and I decided to leave my luggage here and take the metro into central Milan for some exploring. The Left Luggage is easily found inside the station with signs directing you.

Prices are quoted per "item" and duration of time.

• Trains

• Erkmen's Profile Photo

Centrale

by Erkmen Written Nov 4, 2004

Favorite thing: Yep sooner or later you will come here, If you travel by train..

Centrale is not located in a good district but why bother.. You will only get off or get on the train..

Centrale station has a very nice building. Once you enter the building on the ground floor there are ticket boxes and trains leave up the stairs.. Shops and luggage deposit are on the second floor..

Trains leaves to all major Italian towns and also international lines.

• Erkmen's Profile Photo

Baggage Storage in Centrale

by Erkmen Written Nov 4, 2004

Favorite thing: One important thing for me is to find a safe place ffor my baggage.. In Milano centrale you need to look for the sign "Deposito Bagagli" on the second floor.. It is on the right side when you have the trains on your back..

Dont expect to find Token boxes.. After 9/11 security is a big concern and every baggage is opened and police checked.. So get ready for a long queue in morning hours..

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

I was speachless, just...

by Kodi01 Updated Sep 14, 2003

Favorite thing: I was speachless, just speachless. Very unlike me!

Fondest memory: Seeing a train station that I have never seen before and an indication of what lies ahead in Italy!

Milan