Transports, Milan

Know about this? Rate It!

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo

Flight above the alps

by ettiewyn Written Aug 18, 2012

Fondest memory: I have never flown above the alps before and of course I was looking forward to this part of our trip to Milan. On our way to Italy, though, the sky was full of clouds and it was not possible to see anything below us except the thick white carpet of the clouds. I was a little disappointed, but on our way back home, it was totally different. Already before departure, the captain of the plane informed us that today it was clear sight all the way to Cologne and that the alps would look magnificent in the light of the setting sun. I was so happy, took my camera and sticked on the window. And the captain had not promised too much - it really was magnificent, like another world! I think my pictures don't really show it because the windows somewhat destroy the effect on camera, but it was simply beautiful. It was also possible to see Lago di Como, which was so fascinating.
    The tops of the mountains were glowing red in the light of the sun, some peaks snowcapped, like a world out of a fantasy film. The stuff of legends and fairytales, too beautiful to be true. I am sure I won't forget this...

• XKuger's Profile Photo

Post Office @ the Airport

by XKuger Written Feb 1, 2010

Favorite thing: I found this to be extreemly convenient.. specially when you are on vacation and are really busy tying to do/ see as much as you can ot just sitting back and enjoying the ambiance. One does not get time to got to a post office and wait in long lines to mail home cards to friends and family.

Having a working post office at the airport is so convenient as just before you get on a flight you can quickly write cards and drop them off in the mail.

I was able to drop all the milan cards in the mail...

Fondest memory: Not one but many even though my stop was just a day..

1. The Dumo.
    2. The Joia restaurent.
    3. The pigeons at the Dumo.
    4. My frantic search for the best pizza.
    5. The ultra expensive clothes shopping.
    6. The sadness of unable to see the last supper.

-- Its a very memorable trip that I will cherish ---

• Erkmen's Profile Photo

Arriving Milano to Cadorna Train Station

by Erkmen Written Oct 22, 2004

Favorite thing: If you take a train from the airport, the train will take you to Cadorna train station which is very near to center of the Town. But if you plan to continue with a train connection than you should go to Milano "Centrale", the main station. So I should advice taking the Bus from airport as it directly goes to Centrale..

The Malpensa express arrives to Cadorna station, and we are leaving the train...

Malpensa Express

• Erkmen's Profile Photo

Going to Milano Center

by Erkmen Written Oct 22, 2004

Favorite thing: I was wondering which way was better to get to Milano center. There were two options train and shuttle buses.

Malpensa Express trains are leaving every half hour at 15 and 45 pass the hour. And buses every 20 minutes.

Trains travel time is 40 minute, While buses were told to be around 50-60 minutes..

I was out from the Terminal at 10 past 10, so I decided to take the train at 15 past 10. Trains were leaving on the ground floor of Terminal 1 and I was in the first floor of Terminal 2.. I followed the signs and soon I was on the Terminal 1 and got my ticket..

Dont forget to stamp your train ticket at the gates..

On the way to Terminal 1