Nightclubs and bars in Milan

Most Viewed Nightlife in Milan

• Turska's Profile Photo

Angelo nero: Huge cheat!

by Turska Written Sep 5, 2008

We red about this place before,and desided,that there we MUST go!At their web-page is list of bands they are told to play-and it souded great for us.Even if we don´t so much like that devil-team allway used with heavy-music,we took it as a joke.
    When we went in and ordered drinks(witch were big and came with chips)there was good music playing,but soon it changed to disco!!!We thought it was a joke,but it just kept going-it started at saturday 23 o´clock.We thought this can´t be true,but it was-what´s the point making disco look like this,and then the music is like in everywhere else.What a waste.
    IF YOU LIKE HARD ROCK AND HEAVY-DON´T WASTE YOUR TIME COMING HERE.If you just want to see that kind of place,you can go if you have spear-time,this is little far from other places.

Dress Code: We thought,that this would be place,where people wear black(we do allmost allways,so it´s the same for us),but there came people with all kind of"trendy"clothes-so no matter what you wear,I suppouse.

• Joeplaboem's Profile Photo

El Straf: The hottestplace intown

by Joeplaboem Written Nov 10, 2007

El Straf is the hottest place to have a drink in the evening.
    Nice people and close to the Cathedral
    Located only few steps from the Duomo cathedral, the hotel is placed at the core of Milan, within easy walking distance of the fashionable Via Montenapoleone, the shopping districts and La Scala Opera house.

An inspired fusion of Italian fashion, original design and elegance, the hotel combines minimalist design and classic Italian architecture for a truly unique stay.

The architect Vincenzo De Cotiis, a fashion designer of haute collections, has used an eclectic mix of materials, including scratched mirrors, burnished brass, iron, black stone and cement to create the distinctive interior of the hotel.

Rooms: 64

Hotel Chain: Design Hotels

Dress Code: Wathever you want.

• Anil_sss's Profile Photo

Corso Como

by Anil_sss Updated Jul 24, 2007

Most of the tourists may think that Milano is boring because of the weather if they compare it with Rome, Florence or Venice. Indeed they are right. There aren’t many places to see or many things to do in Milano but there is one thing that you mustn’t miss. Go to Corso Como near Garibaldi train station after dinner and spend some time there. Hang out in the bars, also hang out on the street if the weather is fine.

Dress Code: No special dress code but you have to lookk pretty good, don't forget you are in Italy, heart of fashion

• Marina_tom's Profile Photo

**PLASTIC**: Gay friendly

by Marina_tom Updated Jun 30, 2007

So funny and great place!!! There are 3 rooms with different kind of music, but this third was closed when I was there. One room is with the house/electro music and other, smaller room is with different '80ies music, trash pop (mostly Italian). It's not very easy to enter the club if you are not homosexual or if you don't know the people. We were waiting for about 5 minutes and then we entered the club. Entrance is 20 Euro (about $26); with one drink inside. I was very tired that day but the music was so funny and great so I forgot that I am tired. Amazing!

Dress Code: Be crazy and unique! Everything is allowed!

• Gay and Lesbian

• Marina_tom's Profile Photo

Just Cavalli Cafe': Disco/Restaurant

by Marina_tom Written Jun 30, 2007

Huge space in the garden. Different kind of music (commercial, r'n'b, hip-hop, house). When I was there, place was crowded but it was nice. I would recommend it. Check the website, there are more pics of the restaurant.

Dress Code: Men-jeans and shirts
    Ladies- jeans and top or cute dresses, nice shoes

• Singles

• 3 more images

La Topaia: A night in milan to remember

by allan.e Written Apr 3, 2007

Ok, where do I start, I have been coming to milan for a few years now and never ate in a place that made me think, yes!! this is what I expected of a night out in Milan would be like. Until that is, a friend of mine took me to La Topaia, which means " Where the rats meet " The evening started off in a quiete way, with the meal being served at a steady pace. The food by the way was stunning to say the least. We booked the table for 8 O'clock which i now know is a little early for this place. After we had out starters and main courses all hell broke loose. People were producing guitars from what seemed to be out of thin air and started to play and sing. Nearly everyone got up to do a " turn" even me !!!!!!!!!!
    They book your table for a whole night, no shift changes of tables here!
    We eventually left at about 2 in the morning, leaving people still in full swing.
    I would recommend booking for 9pm if you want to make a late night of it.
    I found the prices incredible too. The night before we went to the canal area and had 3 drinks each, no food just drink and i ended up spending over 60 euro. This place gave me a bill of just 80euro for the both of us, and we had more than enough to eat and well than more than enough to drink!!! As is usual in Italy young people are more than welcome.
    I have been told that if you mention my name there is a free drink waiting for you. So if you do decide to try this place out, i'm sure you are in for a great night. ps. I am told that Time out Magazine wrote about this place in the past saying it was Milan's best kept secret.
    Happy eating, drinking and singing. Allan Edun- London

Dress Code: Casual or smart as you like

• Women's Travel

• 1 more image

where the rats meet: A night in milan to remember

by allan.e Written Apr 3, 2007

They book your table for a whole night, no shift changes of tables here!
    I would recommend booking for 9pm if you want to make a late night of it.
    Happy eating, drinking and singing. Allan Edun- London

Dress Code: Casual or smart as you like

• Business Travel

Caffe Litta: Cosy bar

by Henrik_rrb Updated Mar 6, 2007

This is a bar I had actually forgotten about, but saw again when I was staying at the King Hotel Milan.
    In 2003 I spent many nights here, since one of my best friends had her appartment right above the bar.
    It's cosy, central and with a nice area outside the bar where one can sit down and look at the people passing, while sipping on the beer.
    During the days it's more of a café, therefore the name.
    They have the stronger type of Tennents here, but I mostly prefered a Heineken when I visited. Watch out though, since I one time got a non alcoholic beer, definitely without ordering it... Took me half the bottle to realise why the beer tasted so strange... :)

Dress Code: Normal bar, come as you want.

• draguza's Profile Photo

My Bali: My Bali

by draguza Updated Dec 12, 2006

Atmosphere, Ambient, Baroque and Spirituality.........
    ..........this is My Bali.
    Outside....the everyday life with its aggressive rhythm
    Inside......the originality with its carefree customs.
    The continue development of the cuisine offers a wide variety of Mediterranean speciality with a hint of Bali.
    The range of wine it’s wide and characterized by high quality

The unique style of the local it’s perfect for the elegance of Thursday night, the most popular by university students!!
    In the Central room dj Gilo, in the Waterfall room the Rising Worx, two dj and a young sax talent, propose a particular and elegant music selection of Disco and Funky (a wide range of Happy music of ’70 - ’80 all the best for dancing and having fun) but also House music that remind you to the atmosphere of Club.

Dress Code: Semi formal

• Wine Tasting

• athena10x's Profile Photo

35: Local flavor

by athena10x Written Oct 24, 2006

Well Milan seems to have a lot of places where people go for happy hour. These cafe/bars
    open around 5 p.m. I walked pass a few times and finally my last night I was brave enough to belly up to the bar. There was a cool brotha with dreadlocks working and he made me feel welcome. I started with a drink and 10 minutes later a lovely square plate of appetizers was in my hand. Locals gave me a spot next to them and we chatted until I finally had to excuse myslef.

Dress Code: I think the dress code is fresh from work to your typical european jeans with nice shoes.

• draguza's Profile Photo

Honky Tonks: Cuban style

by draguza Written Oct 15, 2006

Not so much cow poke honky tonk as smoky jazz bar where a discerning crowd chew on cigars and Tex Mex dishes, listen to the riffs and check out the ladies. A renovated former office space with some duff lounge furniture and decrepit antiques, there’s an easy laid back feel to proceedings, although the great cocktails prepared by the barman are never less than precise. A great pre-club or pre-date meeting place, you’ll want somewhere less loud and smoky for intimacy and romance.

• Wine Tasting

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Birreria Accademia: A bit loud, but...

by Henrik_rrb Written Sep 23, 2006

This is a nice place for a beer (or two...) in the south part of Milan centre. Closest metro station is Pagano (red line) I would guess.
    Was here with my friends on a short trip, and it's really nice. Good service, but quite noisy. So if you're looking for a romantic date with lots of talking this is not the place. Loud music, and a lot of shouting to hear anything.
    They have a very nice outside place, so during the summer months you can sit there, and in a more silent place. Small tables though, so if you're many people you'll have problem to find a chair for everyone.
    They have quite many different beers to choose from, and also a menu for food. Which is available late. We got there around midnight, and it was still possible to get served food. Think a "birra media" cost around 5 euro. Not really sure, I just paid and looked happy... ;)

The birreria closed way too early, around 1am. So not a place if you want to stay long...
    Apparently there is a much more famous "Birreria Accademia" in Venice. With lots of live music. Would guess, although there were none when we visited, there are quite many live bands also in Milano. But I don't know if they have anything in common with the bar in Venice.

Dress Code: Come as you are, as long as you aren't naked...

Casablanca: Best discotec in Milan

by Henrik_rrb Updated Sep 19, 2006

... Casablanca. As Hollywood (see above) this place is very famous, but unlike Hollywood this place is really great! Costs a lot to get inside (at least 13 euro) but it's goes faster to get inside, the music is better, the people and the atmosphere is more nice, the girls are beautiful and if you don't want to see any drugs you don't have too... Total opposit to Hollywood that is...
    The dancefloor is big, and if you're there early in the night you will probably also find a place to sit down if you prefer that. 10 euro for a beer/drink all night long, closes a 3 a clock in the morning. Afterwards you might think it's a good idea to spend another two hours at Hollywood, but please... GO HOME instead... :-)

Update september 2006: Casablanca is no more... :(( The whole place is destroyed, taken down and carried away. Instead there will be some kind of fashion center at the location, finished in a few years time.
    So no more late nights there, never again will I kiss a girl there, never again will I attend a wedding party there, never again will I make a striptease there, never again will I snub a supermodel there (and thank God for that...).

So many great memories, will try to keep them deep in my heart!

On the other side, the staff is said to have been transfered to a new club, simply called the Club, some chilometers away. Guess I can perform the next striptease there...? :D

Dress Code: Fancy disco, so dress up good anc nice. Easier for guys to get inside quickly if you come there with a couple of girls.

Bar Brera: Calm bar in the perfect place

by Henrik_rrb Updated Sep 18, 2006

Bar Brera is situated on the flank of the Via Brera, naturally in the zone Brera. It’s a calm place, perfect for those who like to just sit down and take a beer with their friends.
    If you prefer to stay outside that is… Inside the music is quite loud, and you’ll have problems talking normal – at least if you want that your friends should hear what you say…
    Outside it’s much nicer, waitresses that helps you as soon as you want to order something new and a perfect spot if you want to look at a lot of people. For sure there are many people to look at…
    Bar Brera should, among other things, be the perfect place to sit at when the police decides to do another razzia against the illegal street vendors at Via Brera. Those guys should compete in the next Olympics according to me, I’ve never seen anyone running so fast as they do, when the police is coming.

The beer is good, cheap (4,50 euro last time I was there) and they have Harp. So what could be better…?
    Well, it should be if they also had that normal Tennents-beer too, and not that just extra strong…
    There are also the possibility to get something to eat there. Have never checked if they also have aperitivo, but during the nights you can order some sandwiches and snacks.

EDIT September 2006: This place is still good, but they have changed their choices of beer. There are no longer either Harp or Tennents, but instead you can have London Pride, or my favourite, the Chezch beer "Pilsen". Very good... :)

Dress Code: Come as you want.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

LoolaPalooza: The Chic LoolaPalooza...

by Krystynn Updated Aug 25, 2006

I really like this place (Loolapalooza) and its atmosphere. It's not as snooty a place as 'Club Hollywood' (oops! What have I done? Next time the club bouncers might just ban me from entering Hollywood!).

I don't know how true this is (perhaps some kind soul can confirm this?) - I was told that the great Paolo Maldini owns LoolaPalooza! So far, I haven't had the good fortune to bump into Maldini here.

In any case, and whether Paolo Maldini owns this place or not - you should still come here for a nice cool drink or light snack. Located on the fabled Corso Como, this kewl pub/ bar is kinda like a coyote ugly type of bar... Catch great stunts by the equally great and impressive barmen. Why, this place also has lots of really interesting people of all kinds...from chic to fashionably trendy... and great music.

Would I recommend this bar to all VTers?
    Of course! They treat you like a fashion model here ;-) and everyone's soooo friendly. You'll definitely want to come back again. Lots of tourists and foreigners patronize this joint.

Now... can someone please confirm whether Paolo Maldini really owns this place?? ;-)

Dress Code: Casually trendy, please.

If you (the tourist/ foreigner) dare to wear sneakers, moccasins or track/ tennis shoes in here.. they might just throw you out. ;-)

• Singles

Latest: Apr 21, 2014
Mercure Milano Centro
Latest: Apr 19, 2014

Instant Answers: Milan

Comments

Milan Nightlife

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Milan locals.
Map of Milan