Castle and other monuments, Milan
The Victory Temple, the monument dedicated to the Milanese inhabitants who died in the First World War, was built between 1927 and 1930 according to the plans of the architect Giovanni Muzio.
With a modern design, the monument looks like a lighthouse covered by ancient texts.
The so-called by the Milanese "Casa degli Omenoni" is a typical building dating from the 5th century which once was the house of Leone Leoni, one of the first art collectors in Milan.
The huge statues of the building's facade have been made by Antonio Abbondio.
The purest Milanese neo-Classic is exemplified in this work by Luigi Cagnola who erected it between 1801 and 1814. It was financed by public donations to celebrate Napoleon's victory at Marengo.
Built of Baveno granite, it is composed of an entablature resting on eight Ionic columns. In 1815 when the Napoleonic storm had died down in Europe, the arch was dedicated to peace.
Arco della Pace, The Arch of Piece, is known also as Porta Ticinese Nuova.