Joia (Vegetarian), Milan

by Maggies
  • XKuger's Profile Photo

Joia: A Unique Experience

by XKuger Updated Mar 2, 2010

This is a cream de la cream of vegetarian restaurents in Milan. This is a famous restaurent that has been created by the acclamined Chef Pietro Liemman. I should honestly say that this is most definitively the most expensive vegetarian restaurent that I have eaten anywhere around the world.

It was our last day in Milan and I being a vegetarian I decided to splurge and I picked this restaurent. I was not sure if we would be able to get a table however I was suprised to get a table, even though it got packed later into the evening.

The food was really impressive and the presentation was second to none. At first I though I would get bummed out as they were serving tiny bits of food to my suprise when I was done with the entire 7 course dinner I was stuffed.

This is not a restaurent for everyone... there is a lot of negative as well as positive reviews but I would say if you are young at heart want to try something really difference, in terms of texture, tast, presentation specially for a vegetarian.. this is a MUST.

Favorite Dish: I have to say that the gespacho soup was my best pick.. it was a kind of warm soup base ( rare for gespacho soup) but with sprinkles of the fresh vegables such as carrots and simply brought out the contract between hot and cold and a wonderful flavour.

My wife loved the Gong.... I think she liked the presentation of the striking of the Gong rather than the actual dessert.

Over all a very memorable and pleasent experience that I cannot forget and have no regreats above spending the money.

• Maggies's Profile Photo

Joia: JOIA

by Maggies Written Nov 5, 2006
    Inside Joia

Joia serves not only typical vegetarian food. They have great variety or fish and seafood but it's all rather light. I mean, the dishes are small ;) but all very tasty, modern and sofisticated.
    Also, the restaurant is very modern and stylish.
    I've been to one of their spots in Corso di Porta Ticinese. The other is located in Via Panfilo Castaldi.

• mauro_pd's Profile Photo

Joia: Vegetables !!!!

by mauro_pd Updated Apr 19, 2003

I've been undecided for hours before putting this restaurant in the Restaurant list or in the Tourist Trap one ... let me come to an explanation.
    Environment: clean but not so elegant
    Service: awful, people touches you while bringing courses and so on (seems thay wanna save money hiring not experienced crew)
    Wine: awfully overpriced
    Food: good and original !!!
    Everything claims for a Tourist Trap but the food is really a new-way one.

It's awfull expensive: 70 Euro per person !!!!!!

ps:
    it's simply impossible to park there !!!

Favorite Dish: Cannot remember ... choose a predefined menu and let the dinner going on ....

Instant Answers: Milan

Comments

Hotels Near Joia (Vegetarian)
3.5 out of 5 stars