Limone, Milan

• Gard's Profile Photo

Ristorante Limone: Try different stuff - the Italian cuisine is great

by Gard Written Apr 21, 2004
    Costoletta alla Milanese

I have been fond of Italian food for quite some time. Pizza, pasta, lasagna and risotto are all dishes that I make on a regular basis at home. So I was looking forward to going to Italy to try out some authentic Italian cuisine. The first couple of nights we went to a place called Ristorante Limone located right next to the hotel. I was first of all looking forward to trying out Risotto alla Milanese and other types of risotto.

One evening at Ristorante Limone we ordered a starter buffet and we helped ourselves to the different dishes. When we were done we noticed that there was a similar table for the dessert so we asked the waiter if the dessert was included in the buffet. He didn?t really give us a good answer but he came running when we started helping ourselves to the desserts :-) It turned out that it was his task to serve us the dessert and I guess that is why the other guest were looking at us in a funny way :-)

Favorite Dish: The Risotto alla Milanese that we had at the restaurant was not that great but maybe my expectations were too high. But it is basically just risotto with saffron. I?m used to having a bit more in it , e.g. parma ham or mixed mushrooms. We also tried Costoletta alla Milanese which is veal cutlet covered with breadcrumbs and fried; spaghetti Cabonara; Risotto ai frutti di mare (sea food risotto); and of course pizza and calzone. I was also looking forward to trying out Semifreddo al limone but we didn?t find this dish at any of the restaurants we went to. It was great trying out different dishes but it was not always easy to understand the Italian menus so it was nice to have the guidebook to help us figure out what to order.

Instant Answers: Milan

Comments

Hotels Near Limone
0 miles away