L'isola fiorita, Milan

Ripa Ticinese, 83

L'isola fiorita
    by d_d
  • L'isola fiorita: Terrible service, keep walking!

by greg.harvey Written Feb 20, 2011

The food was ok (gnocchi 4 formaggi was nice), but the manager was quite simply the rudest man in Italy. I gather, from reading other reviews, this place used to be nice but has gone downhill a *lot* in recent years.

When I arrived and said I was with a group who were probably already here, he asked if I was with the "weirdos". He continued to be short, rude, impatient (with all the customers) for the rest of the time we were there, and the icing on the cake was when he brought us our espressos and 60 seconds later literally told is (in practically these words) "get out now, and quickly - I need your table".

Again, he didn't just do this to us, who were a group of men in our late 20s/early 30s, but also to a pair of couples in their late 40s/early 50s behind us. The look on their faces was priceless! They simply couldn't believe they were being spoken to like that in a restaurant. Basically, he was just deeply unpleasant to all comers.

Given the location of this restaurant, and that just a 5 minute walk down the road, deeper in to the navigli, there are lots and lots of really nice places to eat, seriously don't go here! Keep on walking and eat at one of the *many* nice restaurants further along.

• d_d's Profile Photo

L'isola fiorita: Don't miss GNOCCHI

by d_d Written Mar 29, 2003

L'isola fiorita

Wonderful and rich dishes at low price.
    Old-fashion radio on the walls.
    It has been built in a old glasshouse.

Favorite Dish: Taste gnocchi with different sauces and seasonings.
    You can order three different types at once. Really good grilled meat dishes.

Instant Answers: Milan

Comments

Hotels Near L'isola fiorita
4.5 out of 5 stars