Sant’ Ambroeus, Milan

by Bob_Shan
    Polenta... (read: FOOD!)
    by Krystynn
  • Krystynn's Profile Photo

Sant’ Ambroeus: BEST Pantry & Espresso In The Whole Of Europe!

by Krystynn Updated Apr 4, 2011

Polenta... (read:  FOOD!)

The BEST pastry and coffee shop in Milan (that I've eaten in) is definitely Sant’ Ambroeus. I'm really not kidding you when I profess that this place serves the BEST pastry that I've ever tasted in the whole of Europe (sorry, France and their boulangeries). Oh... and their espresso is heavenly! Trust me, you'll be wide awake after one cup! ;-p What's more, the ambience in here is just-too-cool for words.

I love to sit in there and slowly sip on my espresso whilst I struggle to read my copy of the Corriere della Sera. So many well-dressed ladies and gorgeous men in Milan stop by religiously - yes... every day - for their coffee fix.

And I also heard from the grapevine (actually from one of the waitresses here) that this is the favorite joint of Mr Domenico Dolce! Mr Dolce is the red hot designer from Dolce and Gabbana fame.

Sadly, I have yet to bump into Signor Dolce e Signor Gabbana in here. :-(

Favorite Dish: Their pastries! Their Espresso coffee. And their ambrogetto chocolate. The best!

• Business Travel

• rcsparty's Profile Photo

Unkowne: Unknown

by rcsparty Written Apr 13, 2006

There is a restaurant at the end of Vittorio Emmanuale in Piazza San Babila that has the best sandwiches I've ever had. If you are walking NE on Vittoriao Emmanuale, the restaurant is on your left, just as you get to the Piazza.

Favorite Dish: It's a ham and ? sandwich.....best I've ever had.

Instant Answers: Milan