Milano Travel Guide

From the Duomo
    by adelinemmc
    On the roof of teh Duomo
    by adelinemmc
  • Milano
    by DAO

Milano Restaurants

• DAO's Profile Photo

by DAO Written Mar 28, 2015

If you ever decide to name your establishment ‘BAR’ anything – don’t serve stale and completely out of date beer. How bad is it? It would carry the death penalty in any country I ever get a chance to rule. Yes – there is a thing called stale beer. It can go bad. Very bad. Just drink here. Modern mass produced beer has a natural carbonation after the fermenting process. One of my favourite beers in the world is Italy’s pride - Nastro Azzurro (aka Peroni). The fact that this overpriced place could serve a glass to disgrace all of Italy is a crime.

When I entered I thought this was a nice sort of Art Deco intimate restaurant. I asked for a glass of Italy’s best and took a sip. And thought it tasted like chilled urine. I tried again. Yes, flat, slightly bitter and vile. Yes – that would be the taste of chilled urine. Not even my own. Someone elses.

I kept saying out loud (I have a witness) that the beer did not taste right or good. Then I looked. Not a single bubble. Stale!

Yes if you leave beer open and in a metal keg for MONTHS – it goes stale.

No wonder the only review I can find of this place says it’s a ‘2’. Tastes like number one if you know what I mean.

Avoid. How could you trust them with the food they serve? And their only toilet is an old squat one! I even took a photo to prove this.

POURING MY STALE BEER TASTES LIKE SHIT EXTRA IF YOU SIT DOWN - NO PUN INTENDED!
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Milano

• Jul 26, 2014 at 2:56 PM

We are arriving at Milano Central Monday morning a need to get to via Cusani to pick up a tour to San Sirocco Stadium. What's the best way to get there?

• leics's Profile Photo
      Jul 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Very few people will see your question here at the bottom of the Milan travel guide, so it's best to post it in the Milan travel forum. You can either use the box directly above your comment or go straight to the forum here:

Milan Travel Forum