Rho Travel Guide

• Oh so delicious tagliata, trattoria Dodicivolte :-
    Oh so delicious tagliata, trattoria...
    My pannacotta with raspberries
    by Trekki
  • My pasta with dried tomatoes and anchovis
    My pasta with dried tomatoes and...

Rho Restaurants

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    My tagliata, oh perfection :-) 3 more images

by Trekki Updated Aug 12, 2013

When we stayed in NH Fiera hotel during an exhibition in neighbouring Rho FieraMilano, we knew already that nice places to eat were not exactly around the corner or in walking distance. But our Italian colleague had a good suggestion, an excellent suggestion. He recommended we should take a taxi to the trattoria Dodicivolte in Rho’s suburb. What a splendid idea. The trattoria is located in an old house, most probably a farmer’s house and the seating area might have been a trade room, given the well restored vault. When we entered the trattoria we saw the slow food symbol at the door, a sign that we won’t be disappointed. And we were not. As usual in slow food restaurants, the menus are not extensive: a sign for fresh made meals (as opposed to extensive menus which are the best signal for deep frozen stuff or other mass products). I couldn’t convince my colleagues to eat the “Italian way”, but at least they were happy to order antipasti for all of us. My favourite among these were cotolettine marinate all’aceto balsamico, small veal cutlets marinated in balsamic vinegar, so delicious. We then had pasta dishes, mine was with dried tomatoes, olives, capers and anchovies, al dente of course and also delicious. But the best was surely my “second”: a tagliata made to perfection. Tagliata is beef tenderloin, roasted as a whole and then cut (thus the name tagliata, tagliare = to cut in Italian). My colleagues made huge eyes when it arrived and asked if I was sure to have ordered it. But then they saw my big smile and knew it was :-) It was so soft and among the best tagliate I ever ate. And last but not least I couldn’t help to finish this meal with a pannacotta and raspberry sauce. So good! Their caffè by the way, is Illy brand, my personal favourite Italian caffè powder.

Their wine list is impressive! Have a look at the website, vini. They have wines from almost every Italian region. Our waiter’s suggestion was a red one from Sardegna, Cannonau DOC. Excellent choice!

All in my entire bill would have been approx. 45 Euro plus my part for the wine. But remember that I had four courses. Pasta only was around 10 Euro. But it would be a shame to eat only pasta in this excellent restaurant.

I highly recommend Trattoria Dodicivolte and that’s why I have created this Rho page, for the restaurant only :-) Otherwise I also have it on my Milano page, since Rho's exhibition and the hotel next to it is a popular spot.

The restaurant is closed Saturday at lunch time and all Sunday.

Trattoria Dodicivolte Google Maps