Varenna Favorites

• EasyMalc's Profile Photo

A Place to just Chill-out

by EasyMalc Updated Dec 20, 2012
    Varenna from the Lake

Favorite thing: Realistically if you come by boat to the Centro Lago from Como, as we did, I think it's best to just visit a couple of villages and Bellagio would be on most people's list first.
    Although there are other places that would warrant inclusion we chose Varenna because of its more peaceful nature.
    The thing I liked about Varenna apart from it being peaceful was its lack of shops that just cater for tourists. It had a distinctly natural feel to it which is what many people like to find, even though we're all tourists.

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of Varenna was sat at a lakeside café with an iced cocktail of vodka, lemon and peach just watching the world go by under the warm late summer sun. Just how I like it.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

A BIT ABOUT VARENNA

by LoriPori Updated Jun 30, 2012
    View of Varenna from Ferry

Favorite thing: Saturday, June 2, 2012
    Hans and I, along with Kate (Goodfish) and hubby Jerry, enjoyed a day trip to VARENNA which is on Lake Como in the province of Lecco, in the Italian region Lombardy. It is located about 60 kilometers north of Milan and about 20 kilometers north-west of Lecco.

Instant Answers: Varenna

Comments

Varenna Favorites

Reviews and photos of Varenna favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Varenna sightseeing.