Lovere Restaurants

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Bar-Pizzeria All'Angolo: Coffee and cakes

by Gillybob Written Jul 3, 2011

Bar - Pizzeria All'Angolo

During our wander through Lovere's Old Town, we decided to take a break to enjoy afternoon coffee and cakes.

We came across this small bar and decided to check out their coffee. Lucky for us, they also had a small selection of cakes - which we simply had to try.

Favorite Dish: Great coffee with a small selection of cakes - two of which we both wanted to try so we split them!

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Bar Centrale: Great views!

by Gillybob Updated Jul 3, 2011

Downstairs outdoor seating area

After a short stroll along the lakeside and into the lower part of this hillside town, Suvanki and I decided to have lunch beside the lake - Lago di Iseo. Quickly, we opted for Bar Centrale as this was one of very few options that were actually lakeside.

We decided to eat up on the rooftop terrace which has great views over the lake (although it was a little breezy). Our waitress recommended a selection plate of local dishes when I asked about something from the area whilst Suvanki was particularly keen to enjoy some fish from the lake (she chose the filetti di persico al limone). We both chose beers for our lunch.

Our waitress soon brought us some olive oil and red wine vinegar with a selection of bread (but, alas, no plates) as well as our beers.

Shortly after, our main courses arrived; Suvanki's perch looked very nice indeed but my selection of local meats, salad and a pasta dish was just what I was looking for - a great selection to show my palate the joys that this town had to offer. As we had not had plates to enjoy our bread and oil/vinegar at the start, I chose to finish off with a small selection.

The rooftop terrace was a lovely location to take in the sights of Lago di Iseo - we were able to watch the ferries crossing the lake and enjoy swifts, mallards and other waterfowl playing over the lake.

Our main courses were around €10 each whilst our beers (large) cost €4.20. Exceptionally, there was no cover or service charge.

Favorite Dish: The local selection plate was delicious and offered a good variety of meat, salad and pasta.

The breads served were delicious; I particularly enjoyed one which was coated with sesame seeds (a personal favourite).

• Hiking and Walking

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Bar Centrale: Lakeside Restaurant with roof terrace

by suvanki Updated Jun 9, 2011

Bar Centrale

This restaurant is on the lakeside in the centre of Lovere, we'd walked past it, expecting to find more lakeside restaurants away from the centre, but in the end we decided that the roof terrace looked quite enticing!

Lake Iseo is apparently 'full of fish', with the daily catch being sold to the lakeside restaurants, so I was looking forward to trying some fresh water fish, or another local dish.

The roof terrace was a pleasant place (if a bit breezy), to enjoy lunch along with views over the lake and mountains. I enjoyed watching the ferries criss crossing the lake as well as a trio of mallards performing aerobatics, while swifts zipped dizzingly around.

Our waitress was friendly, and reccommended a local dish for Gilly of pasta, salad and cold meats. I chose perch.
    Bottles of olive oil and red wine vinegar appeared, with a bowl of parmisan cheese and bread- but no plates (pic 5). Our food arrived very shortly afterwards, along with our cold pilsner style beers, so we missed out on a 'starter' of bread dipped in oil and vinegar.

The toilet (downstairs) offers a lakeside view through the open window, just above water level!

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed Filetti di persico al Limone - Fillet of perch with lemon and boiled potatoes (pic 3), which came with a garnish of lettuce leaves, lemon wedges and a sprinkling of parsley, although the potatoes were boiled a bit too much for my taste.
    This cost 10 Euros.

Gillys dish also cost 10 Euros
    Beer was 4.20 Euros a glass
    No cover or service charge.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Lovere

Comments

Lovere Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lovere restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lovere sightseeing.