Ascoli Piceno Restaurants

by raintown4
    Laliva's Historic Facade
    by Migliore
  • Take home some of Marinella's creative foods
    Take home some of Marinella's creative...
    by Migliore

Most Recent Restaurants in Ascoli Piceno

• LaLiva: LaLiva - fantastic!

by EKuban84 Written Apr 14, 2008
    Marinella trying to teach my frined how to cook

If you are in Ascoli Piceno, this resteraunt is must visit. Marinella, the owner and chef, is a fantasicly outgoing woman and knows how to cook. She once asked us if we "trusted" her and of course we said yes, and I ended up having the hands down, best meal of my life! her Olive'ascolani are amazing, and I am not even a huge fan of olives! for a truly authentic Italian meal, you must visit LaLiva.

• raintown4's Profile Photo

???: Tavola Calda on Piazza Arringo

by raintown4 Written Mar 25, 2008

Sometimes one or all of us would not want to have the big slow lunch. When that was the case we would look for a "tavola calda". This one was fun because we had a young waitress that spoke no English (and our Italian is not so good), but she was up to the challenge. It often devolved to pointing at things and other gestures but ultimately everyone got what they wanted. It seemed maybe a little pricey for a tavola calda but the food was very good and it was right on the Piazza.

Favorite Dish: When in Ascoli, you must order "Olives Ascolane". Big green olives stuffed with what I think was meat, bread, herbs, and cheese. Then breaded and deep-fried- Delicioso!

• Migliore's Profile Photo

Trattoria LaLiva: Sibille: A Laliva Original

by Migliore Written Aug 24, 2007

Laliva's Historic Facade

Trattoria LaLiva is at the top of innovation! Marinella, the owner and chef, is an outgoing and personable woman who loves to cook. She loves the people she serves, but, more than than, she loves to see the pleasure her patrons have with their dining experience at Laliva. The decor is simple but inviting; the staff is attentive. The food is great!

Favorite Dish: Sibille (lasagne bianca) is a dish created by Marinella. Made with bechemel sauce and ricotta cheese, it is a lasagna ladened with home-made pasta and prosciutto. With the perfect blend of herbs it is a dish you'll want more of.

Other dishes to savor are the raviolli and tortellini, both home-made! Or, try the chopped lamb...simply delicious!

Almost everything that comes out of the kitchen is home-made: sheet pasta, sauces, desserts and, of course, the filled pasta dishes.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Ristorante Tornasacco di Galie' Maria Antonietta: What a Marvelous Eating Experience

by deecat Updated Nov 12, 2006

The Outside view of Restorante Tornasacco

An enchanting evening was experienced on the 2nd night that Allan & I spent in Ascoli. At first we were disappointed because we wanted to eat at Trattoria Laliva which was suggested by the rave review of fellow VT friend, IandSmith. However, I had another suggestion from an Australian, Gavin Crawford, who had also visited Ascoli.

Located upstairs at 36 Piazza del Popolo we entered Ristorante Tornasacco.

It's an incredible location overlooking the beautiful Piazza del Popolo; secondly, the interior is lovely with local art & stained glass. Now, this was a much more expensive dinner than the night before, but it was well worth the money.

Note: Pane- coperto of 2 Euro per person is charged- bread. We found this to be "par for the course" in Italy.

Besides the bread (which we dipped in wonderful Virgin Olive Oil & grated cheese), we were served sparkling wine to start the evening. Allan & I shared a bottle of Rosso Piceno Superiore, which we had read about in several travel books. It cost 14 Euro & was quite mellow & delicious.

We always ask for "Aqua Naturale" or water without gas. The antipasto was quite an experience as it was prepared tableside via a portable trolley that held haunches of prosciutto, various sausages (including wonderful salami), & cheeses. We were also served marinated/pickeled vegetables such as onions, artichokes.

Our Primo Piatto was Taglionini with Lamb Ragout.
    Our Secondo Piatto was Fritto Misto (lamb cutlet, zucchini, eggplant, artichoke, olives stuffed with tuna (breaded & friend, & cheese that was covered with flour, egg & sugar,then fried!
    Our Contorno was Insalata Mista (Mixed Salad)
    We also had the local special of Pecorino Formaggio (cheese) & honey.
    Next came Frutta (fruit)
    Finally, we were served Dolce (dessert) of Crema Pinoli tart, served with vino passito & lemon.
    Dolce deserves good Italian expresso, so that ended a fabulous meal here at Ristorante Tornasacco!

Favorite Dish: For you to peruse are the hidden photographs of this fantastic cuisine:

Photo One: Night Scene of Ristorante Tornasacco Outside

Photo Two: Our waiter carving the antipasto.

Photo Three: Allan partaking of this terrific antipast.

Photo Four: Allan serving the vino passito and lemon liqueur

Photo Five: A look through the window at the beautiful night scene of Piazza del Popolo.

There were very few people in the restaurant on this Wednesday night in October (off season), but it was obvious that they, too, were enjoying this very special restaurant.

• Seniors

• Pizzeria Garden Rose: Popular with locals

by ruhtra Written Nov 12, 2006

I was staying at the pensione across from Cantina dell' Arte so decided to eat elsewhere. Just around the corner, I spotted Pizzeria Garden Rose, which was about half filled when I arrived. Most of the other diners were eating pizza, but I ordered a complete course of pasta, fish, salad, wine and fruit. Near the middle of my meal the pizzeria was filled with families, friends and couples, but the two waitresses did a good job of keeping up. The food was good and the bill was less than 18 euros.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Restorante-Caffe Cantina dell Arte: Real "Deals" Offered at....

by deecat Updated Nov 9, 2006

Pasta Special at Restorante Caffe Cantina del Arte

If you are even on a more restricted budget than Allan and I were, you would do well to eat all your meals at the Restorante-Caffe Cantina dell Arte in Ascoli Piceno. Staying at the Pensione across the street, the Cantina dell' Arte, 2-star hotel, affords one the opportunity to eat here for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 20 Euro per person!

We only ate dinner here on the first night. For the special rate of 12 Euro per person, we were able to order off of a special menu that (I thought) was somewhat restrictive.

Allan and I chose:
    Pasta with Meat Ragu

Mista Grill (with mixed kinds of Pork) including Pork Sausage, Pork from the Rib, and a Shiska Bob on a stick.

Insalata Mista (mixed salad)

House Wine (Allan had rosso (red), and I ordered bianco (white)

In addition, we ordered a custard with chocolate plus expresso.

The total bill was27 Euro.

Favorite Dish: I felt too restricted with the limited menu, but, I must admit, the food was plentiful and good. It's obvious that meat is eaten more in the Le Marche area than in most other regions that we have visited in Italy.

Photo One: The Pasta with Meat Ragu Sauce

Photo Two: The three people who waited on us in the restaurant. When we were leaving, they were sitting down to eat, and I asked if I could take a photo.

Photo Three: It was about eight o'clock as we were going into the restaurant, and I snapped this picture of Allan outside the entry. (It's really too dark of a photo, sorry).

• Seniors

Yoghi Yogurteria: Usual Italian Breakfast at

by deecat Updated Nov 9, 2006

Yoghi Yogurteria

We were up at 8:30 a.m. after a good night's sleep on a firm mattress. Had cappuccino/expresso, Blood Red Orange Juice, and a cornetto (croissant).

Note that you order and pay before you are served. Most people stand at the bar. This place happened to have seats so Allan and I sat down to eat. I always have to have some kind of Orange Juice to take my vitamins and medicine. I really prefer freshly-squeezed Orange Juice (which I usually am able to find in Italy); however, here, the only selection was in a small can. It was, however, quite good.

The sweet roll was big enough for the both of us, but it certainly was not the best that I had experienced because it was rather dry in texture.

The girl behind the bar was quite friendly and efficient. Even though she spoke little English, because I used my broken Italian, she seemed to try to please even more.

Favorite Dish: We really visited Yoghi twice in one day/night. We came here at night to have Anisetta Meletti, and it was more impressive at night because of all the lights and the friendly Italians who were standing at the bar. One man spoke excellent English and wanted to talk. He was quite understanding about America's role in the war (more understanding than Allan and I). This attitude quite surprised us.

• dnwitte's Profile Photo

Cantina degli Artisti serves...

by dnwitte Written Aug 24, 2002

Cantina degli Artisti serves very cheap and outstandingly good local cuisine in a great atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Olive all'Ascolano. Big green olives, marinated in lemon, stuffed with seasoned ground meat, rolled in crumbs and deep fried.

Instant Answers: Ascoli Piceno

Comments

Ascoli Piceno Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ascoli Piceno restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ascoli Piceno sightseeing.

View all Ascoli Piceno hotels