Recanati Travel Guide

museum beniamino gigli
    by call_me_rhia
  • leopardi's house - admittedly a lousy picture
    leopardi's house - admittedly a lousy...
  • Recanati

Recanati Things to Do

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    leopardi's house - admittedly a lousy picture

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 17, 2002

In Recanati you will find the house of the 1800's Italian writer Giacomo Leopardi: you can visit the library there and see the collection of ancient books, as well as admire the window from where he used to spy on Silvia, his `impossible` love.
    For those who don't know him: Leopardi's one of Italy's greatest writers and every student's punishment: find me one who did not have to learn his poem "l'infinito" by heart, and drinks are on me

Recanati Hotels

Recanati Restaurants

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    a selection of cheeses and cold meats

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 17, 2002

a wonderful place... it's located in the middle of the fileds, in a restored farm... everything in the decor is like it once used to be... the people are overfriendly, and they'll do their best to let u sample their most famous specialities.

Favorite Dish: pasta (big surprise eh?) but also local cheeses and home-made cold meats

an unforgettable seafood dish

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 17, 2002

It's small, cosy... and so finely hidden that only locals can find it. Having said this, it took my local guide quite a bit to locate it again. Top food at affordable prices - you really can get the best Marche food there.

Favorite Dish: everything with seafood! scampi and prawns! Pastas were delicious too.

• Recanati Hotels

3 Hotels in Recanati

40 Reviews and Opinions

Recanati Off The Beaten Path

museum beniamino gigli

by call_me_rhia Written Oct 17, 2002

it's a museum dedicated to another famous person borin in Recantati: the tenor Geniamino Gigli. Opened in 1961the museum hosts a collection of Gli eredi di Beniamino Gigli donarono al costumes, certificates, articles, books, photos, portraits, and of course records.
    Address: piazza Giacomo Leopardi.
    Opening times:
    - winter 10.00-13.00, 15.00-18.00
    - summer 16.00-19.00
    Closed on Monday

Instant Answers: Recanati

Comments

Recanati Travel Guide
Map of Recanati