Senigallia Restaurants

Inside Osteria del Teatro
    by toonsarah
    Pasta with ham and leeks
    Menus

Most Recent Restaurants in Senigallia

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Osteria del Teatro: Slow food, great service

by toonsarah Written Jun 9, 2013

Osteria del Teatro

On our second evening in Senigallia, and the last of my trip, Ingrid and I decided to explore the old town and combine this with dinner in somewhere appealing. We were quite surprised to find relatively few eating places there, and were beginning to consider looking further afield, when we stumbled across the Osteria del Teatro and knew at once that this would be our sort of place! And so it proved to be.

We were eating early by Italian standards, and it was very quiet when we arrived, the only other customer an elderly man drinking some wine. But it got busy later with local couples and families who clearly appreciate having a good restaurant in their neighbourhood.

It’s also a very cosy restaurant, with warm-coloured walls, modern art and dark traditional furniture. I loved the hand-made paper (perhaps from Fabriano?) that covered the simple menus (see photo three). We received a friendly welcome from a waitress, and soon the owner came across to add his welcome and offer to take us through the menu, which he did with enthusiasm. The menu was somewhat unusual, in that there were a lot of starters but most of them of a similar type, namely crostini with different toppings. There were just two primi and a small number of secondi. One whole page though was given over to a number of cheese platters, each featuring cheeses from a region of Italy or elsewhere in the world.

Favorite Dish: We found it quite hard to choose, but the owner came to our rescue and suggested splitting some dishes between us so we could sample more of them. So we shared a crostini starter that included two of the options, one with taleggio and the other a spicy pork pâté. He then split one of the pasta primi dishes between us, rigatoni with a ham and leek sauce, and the portion we received was easily enough. Both of these courses were excellent, but I found my main course, though good, slightly less appealing – a sausage (very well-flavoured with different herbs) served with spinach and crescia (a local flatbread).

We left the choice of wine to the owner and he poured us a glass each of a local red and offered to serve more if needed and to charge us according to what we drank. It was very good, so of course a second glass each was needed!

The menu changes monthly and reflects the slow food principles of the establishment, with an emphasis on good local produce and nothing too fancy. If we had been staying longer in Senigallia we would surely have returned for another meal, and I wouldn’t hesitate to do so if I were to find myself back in the city in the future. Prices are reasonable for the quality too – I didn’t note what we paid but I believe it was less than €30 each for three courses plus the wine.

• Gagzy's Profile Photo

LATOSUD Pizzeria and Bar Gelateria.: Pizza and Ice Cream in Senigallia.

by Gagzy Written Oct 11, 2007
    LatoSud - The entrance.

Very modern, well designed, beach front Pizzeria and Ice Cream Restaurant. We noticed that they had the Italian Football playing on the big screens and decided to investigate in case they had English Football, but no such luck. We got talking to Stefano who explained about Juventus and Milan and the great rivalries on and off the football pitch. We had a coffee and then we stayed and tucked into delicious Pizza made in front of us, with our own mix of ingredients, lovely! Then for dessert we tried their Italian Ice Cream, well what can you say about Italians and their Ice Cream, a match made in Heaven. Great choice of flavours, and all creamy and smooth and very very good.

Favorite Dish: PIZZA MARGHERITA - pomodoro e mozzarella.

• Gagzy's Profile Photo

Ristorante "Da Carlo".: Seafood and Lemon Sorbet.

by Gagzy Updated Oct 11, 2007

RISTORANTE DA CARLO. Lungo mare dante alighieri, 17. 60019 - Senigallia (AN) Italia. Tel. 071.65257.
    On the beach, more or less opposite the Hotel Argentina, the place where the locals go to eat and celebrate. We were there during the last weeks of the season and it was full of the local people every night. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was a delight, and the waiters were attentive but not in your face.
    All of the seafood dishes were fresh from the sea and cooked to a very high standard. The surprise was the Lemon Sorbet that they ALL have after the main dish. It comes as a drink in a small glass with a thick milk shake type straw, and it is amazing. The waiter told us that it was made from plain ice cream with vodka added and the local lemon liqueur or Cointreau. If you go, you really must try it, it is delicious.

Favorite Dish: I had the Crayfish on the first night and it was first class, but all of the meals we had there were very very good.

• Da Ciccio: For an enjoyable seafood meal

by MariaK Updated Jul 11, 2006

Nice, classy restaurant beside the sea (maybe I should say IN the sea) nice food. People were nice and understanding for my 3 year old son running around after he finished. They have a beautiful "virtual tour" around the place in their internet site, worth it to view it.
    Although this is not really a budget restaurant and we were travelling on budget, it was worth it.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed the "Frittura di pesce" and the "Cozze alla tarantina" (which we saw on a table and it looked delicious so we ordered it too).

• Il Tucano: Best pizza margarita ever!

by MariaK Written Jul 11, 2006

Il Tucano sugar - all the data needed!

Very cosy environment. Friendly and fast service. Nice food. Reasonable prices (if you choose wisely you can eat very well for a little money). I went once, then went again during another trip, I would go again and I recommend it. They welcome children.

Favorite Dish: All italian food that we tried were tastefull and we enjoyed it. But my favorite: Pizza Margarita!
    These people make some bread, cheese and tomato a taste to remember!

Instant Answers: Senigallia

Comments

Senigallia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Senigallia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Senigallia sightseeing.