Sirolo Restaurants

• deecat's Profile Photo

The Central Bar: Breakfast and Afternoon Snack

by deecat Updated Nov 9, 2006

Our Breakfast at the Central Bar

As part of our stay at our Bed and Breakfast, we were given breakfast at The Central Bar or Caffe Central about one block from our place.

For breakfast, as you see in the first photograph, we had Freshly-squeezed orange juice, Cornetto (croissant), and cappucinno. For breakfast, we ate inside at a small wooden table.
    It was all delicious.

That same afternoon, after the walk to the beach and back and going to the Sunday market, and lots and lots of walking, we needed a snack. I had Orange Juice and Allan had gelato. That, again, was quite delicious.

In the afternoon, it was quite warm, and we ate outdoors. We stayed there for over an hour because Allan was mapping out our trip toward Gaeta, which included an overnight stay in the city of L'Aquila (in the Abruzzio Region of Italy). This Caffe Central Bar was our last activity in the beautiful village of Sirolo

• deecat's Profile Photo

Ristorante Della Rosa: Delightful Local Cuisine in Sirolo

by deecat Updated Nov 8, 2006

Huge Insalata Mista

While in Sirolo, we enjoyed our Saturday night dinner at Ristorante Della Rosa. After entering the restaurant, you walk downstairs, which is really on ground level and looks out over an outdoor eating area. It was far too cool that night to eat outdoors. This dining room is quite lovely as evidenced by Photograph #5.

We spent about 2 1/2 hours enjoying a leisurely dinner, delicious wine, and yummy dessert.
    I had the house bianco vino, and Allan enjoyed the house rosso vino. The bread was wonderful, and we enjoyed it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and grated cheese. The Insalata Mista that I ordered was so large that Allan had to help me out. (First Photograph)

We shared a pasta with noodles and all kinds of sea food. Allan ate the largest portion because I knew I had to go slowly and in small portions. (Photo #3).

We also had Olive Ascolana which we had discovered in Ascoli Piceno. Another huge portion.

I had a delicious brick-oven 4 Formaggio Pizza that I managed to devour (except for two pieces that Allan devoured!)

Allan's favorite part of the meal was his large fresh fish (Photograph # 4) He also had a side order of Spinaci (Spinach)

Favorite Dish: Of course, my favorite part of any meal is the Dolce (dessert). They were beautifully decorated with chocolate swirls. I took a grand photograph and accidentally erased it. I still regret that.

Our two desserts that we shared were Semifreddo Alle Noci and Tortino Al Cioccolato. With that we had Caffe and Cappuccino. What a way to end a perfect meal at Ristorante Della Rosa. The tab for all of this plus the bread and Acqua Naturale was 63 Euro.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Sirolo

Comments

Sirolo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sirolo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sirolo sightseeing.