Stresa Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Stresa

It Was So Nice We Were Tempted To Stay

by riorich55 Updated Oct 24, 2012
    Perfect Day!

I kind of thought from the research that we had done that we would enjoy Stresa and the surrounding Italian Lakes region. I was just hoping that the weather would cooperate.

After spending a cloudy overcast day in Riomaggiore the day before and on most of the train ride up to Stresa we got to the southern tip of Lago Maggiorre mid-Afternoon and almost immediately the sun broke through the clouds as if to welcome us to the region.

Checked into our hotel after our walk from the train station and then ventured down from our hotel into town. Sue immediately found a shop with some vases she was looking for (off to a good start for Shopper Sue). She took those back to the hotel and then we ventured to the water front.

Emerging from the edge of town the water, white puffy clouds, temperature in the 60's and peacefulness of an early May afternoon took us over.

We saw a gate with some doorbells on the stone wall next to it. I teasingly asked Sue (she is a Registered Nurse) that she should check out if the local doctors had any openings and we could extend the trip a little bit.

I almost wished she had really rang the bell.

• Sailing and Boating

Weighing Your Options

by riorich55 Updated Oct 24, 2012
    Let's See 2.2 lbs per kilo

This was something I found interesting. A scale right near one of the public squares near the waterfront.

Who uses this? For what reason? Do they want to find out how much they've gained or lost on their holiday (vacation)?

Are they actually weighing their options? Can options really be weighed?

Maybe that's a question for the miscellaneous forum!

• Sailing and Boating
    • Kayaking

Don't Stay Here

by riorich55 Written Aug 26, 2012

We see periodic reviews here on VT from New Members who usually don't come back, but have found us and now are venting about a bad experience they've had at a hotel.

I usually do enough research before I stay anywhere, so I've never really had a bad experience in the last 25 some years or so that I've really travelled around a bit.

When we saw this old and abandoned property not far off the waterfront in Stresa I wondered who was the last guest in this facility and did they have a good experience or not?

Stay Upwind if You See This

by riorich55 Updated Aug 26, 2012
    Who Took the Dogs Out?

My main walking shoes through 2 trips to Europe in 2008 and 2012 and countless other hikes through various parts of the United States makes these probably my all time favorite shoes.

After reaching the 1/2 way point of our 18 day 2012 European trip we arrived on a Sunday afternoon in Stresa. After walking a bit more from the train station to our abode for the next 3 days I saw this nice window in our room which opened up to a nice gravel parking lot between both of the facilities buildings. Realizing I had some extra little sample packets of men's cologne (find these in magazines, papers, etc. all the time) available I tore open 2 packets rubbed the inside of my shoes (after I took them off of course), left the open packets in my shoes on the window sill and switched into my backup pair of shoes for a short walk through town.

I wouldn't say when we came back from the walk after a couple of hours that these shoes "smelled like fresh daisies" but it was a definite improvement over the various smells that they were emitting just prior to our walk.

Hopefully nobody came too close to the window while we were away.

Instant Answers: Stresa

Comments

Stresa Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Stresa warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Stresa sightseeing.