Pisciotta Travel Guide

SEAFOOD RISOTTO

Pisciotta Things to Do

rocks and sea glass

by kazander Written May 28, 2004

The beach in Pisciotta is not your usual sandy stretch. The shoreline is covered in a million interesting little striped stones and every color sea glass you can imagine. We spent hours just looking through rocks and glass and choosing some beautiful treasures to bring home with us. This might not have been the best idea as we had a very steep climb ahead of us back up to town. Luckily, we managed somehow and the little bottle I have that is filled with sea glass is one of my favorite souveniers.

you may want to bring some sort of water shoe if you want to go swimming, the rocks are not all that comfortable on the feet!

• Adventure Travel
    • Beaches

the beach in Pisciotta

by kazander Written Jan 14, 2004

You must venture down to the beach, watch the sunset and have dinner at Angelina's. A perfect evening! The wonderful people at Angelina's will ever drive you back up to town after you've eaten! (Saves you that exhausing hike up the mountain!) We did this for my 21st Birthday, then went home to a big party at my house!

• Pisciotta Hotels

0 Hotels in Pisciotta

Pisciotta Restaurants

• rocee's Profile Photo
    SEAFOOD RAVIOLI 4 more images

by rocee Written Mar 16, 2012

Traveling with cousins on a "reunion" trip to the area where our grandparents had emmigrated from, we saw this charming hilltop town and decided to go back. We (7) did so the following day and found Tre Gufi while looking for a place for lunch. Although it was almost closing time for them (2:30 p.m.), they graciously welcomed us, and we had a wonderful, not rushed meal. As we were meeting up with 3 other cousins the next day, we made a reservation for the 10 of us to go back for lunch. They were all set up and waiting for us. Again a wonderful meal and friendly service. It was about US$20 each, and we had appetizers, entrees, desserts, and several bottles of wine for that price. The waitress, Ima, probably the owner's wife, also has a small shop next door with a nice selection of ceramics, glassware, etc.

Favorite Dish: My favorite was the Seafood Ravioli which I had on the return visit, although all meals were favorably reviewed by the group.

sunset view from Tre Gufi

by kazander Updated May 27, 2004

Tre Gufi or " three owls" is a wonderful restuant with a friendly atmosphere and a great view! There is lots of outside terrace seating, actually i don't know that anyone ever sat inside. But the the best feature is the amazing food that's inexpensive!

Favorite Dish: I'd have to go with the Gnocchi, though the margarita pizza is a close second! The price rating I'm giving it is only if you eat a whole lot....when I was there you could still eat like a king for about $5!

• Study Abroad

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Pisciotta? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Pisciotta Nightlife

spoventoso uomo sensa dente

by kazander Written Jan 19, 2004

The only thing to do at night in Pisciotta is go down to the piazza to one of the 2 bars...the Bar Agora or the Bar Germania, and have some drinks with the locals. I found this a lovely way to spend the evening, but for those who want a bit more action, there are a couple of nearby clubs. I couldn't tell you how to get to them, other than on the back of a handsome Italian's vespa (wink), but the locals are very friendly (wink again!) and will be more than happy to tell you how to get there.

Pisciotta Shopping

me and my

by kazander Written Jan 19, 2004

Every Wednesday morning, there is a market set up on the edge of town.. They have everything from glassware to clothing to giant watermelons!

Pisciotta Warnings and Dangers

Rooster

by kazander Written May 28, 2004

Being woken every morning by what seemed like a dozen roosters cock-a-doodling, is both one of my favorite and least favorite things about Pisciotta. At first it's very charming, then it gets to be downright irritating then after you've left and you look back on it, somehow it becomes charming again. Bring earplugs if you are a very light sleeper!

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Pisciotta

Comments

Pisciotta Travel Guide
Map of Pisciotta