Lecce Off The Beaten Path

• annalecce's Profile Photo

Salento Cooking in a private house in Lecce

by annalecce Updated Mar 25, 2014

my orecchiette

I live in Lecce and I am passionate about cooking. Salentine cookery uses a lot of fresh ingredients, in particular vegetables. The recipes come from the peasant tradition of this land. In my home, in a typical Salentino building in Lecce, I make pasta almost everyday in many shapes: orecchiette, minchiareddhi, sagne torte, cavatelli, tria, with genuine organic flours. I admit I am quite obsessed with organic foods. Eggplant parmesans, pasta cooked in the oven, fresh tomato sauce, meatballs, pasticciotto, chickbeans with barley pasta (ciceri e tria), chicory and mashed fava beans (fave e cecore) are some of the recipes I can cook.. I speak a good English. If you come in my wonderful town, I would be happy to show you how to cook a perfect salentino meal in my house and to give you many tips to make of your holiday a perfet Salento experience.

• Women's Travel

• The complete Puglia experience

by lafataturchina Written May 12, 2008

I have lived in Puglia for over 6 years and been traveling here for 13 years needless to say i love Puglia and know a lot about the area.
    if anyone has any questions i would be more than happy to help.
    I also own a B&B we welcome all ages pets and kids

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• otaner's Profile Photo

Small villages around the town

by otaner Updated Jun 10, 2005

Otranto - Panoramic view

Arond Lecce are lot of very small but delicious villages with their medieval castels and architecture.
    What you can't miss is Otranto, an old sea-town famous for having been besieged by Turkish troups.
    It takes about 30 minutes by car from Lecce. It's the place for a dinner (fish plates) and a walk after the beach.
    Indeed, some of the most beautiful beaches or the whole region are near to Otranto. I would choose Laghi Alimini beach: kms of woderful white sand.

• Archeology

Acaia

by barrikello Written Jul 19, 2004

Porta Terra

Acaia is a fair village near Lecce. Founded by the Aragonese, still keep the old castle - now in bad conditions - and part of the walls. It's a place where it's possible to keep in touch with the real culture and tradition of the inhabitants. In the picture 'Porta Terra' that gives access to the village.

• Architecture
    • Castles and Palaces

Santa Maria di Cerrate

by barrikello Updated Jul 19, 2004

santa maria di cerrate

The visit to the the Church of Santa Maria di Cerrate is something not to be missed. Actually, that's my favourite place when I happen to go to Salento. This old church is located in a marvellous area, isolated in the countryside. It's one of the best example of Romanic architecture in Puglia, dating back to the 12th century. The inside is frescoed with beautiful byzanthine paintings.

The countryside

by barrikello Written Jul 19, 2004

countryside

Lecce's countryside prints in memory.
    It is dotted by olive trees and dry walls, characterized by the red colour of the land. It's an escape from everything, a journey back in time. Narrow paths cross the land and lead to forgiven 'masserie' - the local farmhouses.

• Cycling

Instant Answers: Lecce

Comments

Lecce Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Lecce off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lecce sightseeing.