The Palace was completed in 1894, and is the residence of the Regency and the secretary of State for the Interior.
It is built of local stone in a Florentine neo-gothic style. The facade presents 3 pointed arches, supported by octagonal pillars.
This is where the people of San Marino keep the many symbols of their past heritage.
Immediately outside, you will find Liberty Square where many celebrations are held, and rising from the centre of the square is San Marino's Statue of Liberty.
The church is located opposite the main entrance to San Marino, therefore very easy to find. It is the Repubblic's oldest church, already under construction in 1361. Built entirely of square blocks of sand stone by master masons from Como, it offers an excellent example of the Franciscan style, and is fairly representative of of other building of the same period found within the region.
In the centre of Liberty Square, stands a gift presented by Ottilia Heiroth Wagener of Germany in 1876, to the good people of San Marino. The sculptor was Stefano Galletti.