Selvino Travel Guide

Anyone for a dip?
    Flowers in the attic???

Selvino Things to Do

• Drink or Bath

We came across this rather large drinking fountain outside the church, it was that big you could even take a bath in it. But the water was sooooooo fresh and cold.

• Strange but true

Whilst out in the village we noticed this old house, can you see anything strange about it.....look closely at the upstairs window........it gave me a shock until I realised they were only dolls.

• Open air concert

Again we were just too late and we missed the show!!!!! So I had to perform on stage myself (take a look at the piccies, I wont give up my day job!) Looks like a great place for all the family just dont go mid September as it is virtually closed!

Selvino Hotels

Selvino Restaurants

Banana Boats 1 more image

by ettenaj Written May 28, 2006

We called in here just for a coffee, but then saw they had Banana Boats on the menu, so of course we had to order them, we had quite a while to wait but BOY it was woth it! Titanic , eat your heart out.

Selvino Transportation

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Me in a cable car the face says it all!!!!!

by ettenaj Updated Nov 27, 2005

The only way to travel down to the lower villages is to use the cable car, as I am terrified of heights this was firstly done whilst there was a very thick mist so I wasnt able to see out of the car!!! By the end of the stay I was really confident and travelled on it 5 times!!
    Selvino to Albino 500m travel down hill, with spectacular views. Well worth plucking up the courage if I can do it anyone can. Take a look at the photo I still look terrified!!!!!!

• Mountain Climbing
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Skiing and Boarding

Selvino Warnings and Dangers

by ettenaj Written May 28, 2006

This is a kind of warning, but it not dangerous. We went for a drink of hot chocolate and were presented with two cups of just melted chocolate, it was so thick it got a skin on the top, and was extremely sickley and could only be eaten with a spoon. Dont think that everything is served the same way as at home when you are away , as this often leads to dissappointment.

Selvino What to Pack

Jon in his waterproof 2 more images

by ettenaj Written May 28, 2006

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Dont forget to pack a waterproof jacket, whilst we were there the weather changed quite dramatically from sunshine to rain. Jon didnt have a waterproof, but we bought one quite cheaply in Selvino village. Be prepared.

Selvino Off The Beaten Path

Monument 1 more image

by ettenaj Written Nov 27, 2005

As you enter Selvino you will see this monument standing by the roadside at night it looks very pretty when it is lit up. Take a look at my other picture to see what you see when you are leaving Selvino, I thought this quite charming.

Selvino Sports & Outdoors

Ski slope

by ettenaj Written Nov 27, 2005

In the centre of the village there is a dry ski run unfortunatley it was shut when we were there but I bet it is great when it is up and running, there is also an ice rink at the bottom of the hill, and an area set out for children to slide down the hill in a huge inflateable ring!

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Mountain Climbing

Selvino Favorites

• selvino

wow its been a 15 years snice i left selvino i lived there for 4 years i miss the vilage butifull people and i dont have to menton the food wow love u selvino my favorite its the bakery fresh i lived there some day i am going back there 4 sure mi manchi molto selvino ti amo salutti a tutti meni amichi

• Stroll around the village

The favorite thing about Selvino for me has got to be the houses. I just loved them, every different one I saw I fell in love with, they looked like some picture from the front of a chocolate box.

• Selvino Hotels

3 Hotels in Selvino

3 Reviews and Opinions

Instant Answers: Selvino

Comments

Map of Selvino