Agrigento Restaurants

Pasta with shrimp and pesto, Dec 2015
    la Scala, Dec 2015
  • The sign that attracted us to la Scala, Dec 2015
    The sign that attracted us to la Scala,...

Most Recent Restaurants in Agrigento

• MM212's Profile Photo

la Terrazza degli Dei: At Villa Athena Hotel

by MM212 Updated Jan 20, 2016

Part of the Villa Athena Hotel, la Terrazza degli Dei is a fine restaurant serving a good selection of tasty Sicilian dishes. In warmer months, the restaurant has tables on a terrace overlooking the Valley of the Temple, but we visited in December so dining was indoors (despite beautiful sunny weather). Normally my travel companions and I prefer to venture out of a hotel for dinner, but in Agrigento we unusually ate both nights at this restaurant. On the first evening, we arrived around sunset and were simply too exhausted to go out, and on the second night, we realised how isolated the hotel was and didn't feel like driving to dinner (plus we wanted to have a light dinner). Regardless, we enjoyed our full dinner the first night and the light antipasti we ordered the second night. I would like to return in warmer months to dine on the terrace with views over the temples...

Indoor dining at la Terrazza degli Dei, Dec 2015 la Terrazza degli Dei, Dec 2015
    • Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• MM212's Profile Photo

la Scala: Elegant and tasty in Agrigento's centre

by MM212 Updated Jan 8, 2016

It was close to the end of lunchtime (around 2:30pm) and some of the restaurants in the historic centre of Agrigento were closed because of the holidays (it was on 30th December). We stumbled upon la Scala by chance and hurried in when they agreed to seat us, even though there was no one else at the restaurant and few people in the town for that matter! The restaurant turned out to be very elegant, with white table cloth, set in a nicely decorated old apartment with lofty ceilings and views over a church. The food was a nice surprise, delicious and well prepared (see photos). Needless to say, we left feeling happy and satisfied!

Pasta with shrimp and pesto, Dec 2015 la Scala, Dec 2015 The sign that attracted us to la Scala, Dec 2015 Chickpea soup, Dec 2015 Ravioli, Dec 2015
    • Wine Tasting

• janika's Profile Photo

Ristorante, Trattoria, Gelateria: Icecream is a must!

by janika Updated Apr 4, 2011

You have to try Italian ice cream! They have so many flavors and sizes and colors and all that I had a hard time selecting what I want when I was there the last time, in 2000 / September.

Favorite Dish: You also have to eat sea food. Agrigento is located right at the Mediterranian sea and you can eat fresh sea food all over in Agrigento. Your best bet is to take the bus from the main train station down to St Leone and just walk along the shops and restaurants. Expect a lot of tourists in the summer time.

Distant view of Agrigento

• effeti's Profile Photo

Leon d'Oro: Seafood and fish.....!

by effeti Updated Jun 5, 2008

We were in agrigento for just one night. we found the restaurant on a restaurant directory and... hey! It was really ok!
    Don't miss seafood and the desserts.....
    Closes on mondays.

Favorite Dish: All good, but an unforgettable "cassata siciliana" ended our meal...

The restaurant card

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

Villa Kephos: In Ancient Agrigento

by MikeAtSea Written Nov 17, 2007

This restaurant adjacent to the Valley of Temples offers traditional Sicilian cuisine in the comfort of a beautiful villa surrounded by lush green gardens.

Favorite Dish: The local dish Involtate Siciliana is served here, dumplings of sliced veal filled with hearty local cheeses.

Villa Kephos Villa Kephos Villa Kephos

• jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo

Osteria del Teatro: good food

by jeffmartinartist Written Jun 25, 2005

I usually keep pretty good notes on where I eat but all I have written on the account from here is good! I had a bad bus trip to get to Agrigento from Piazza Armerina so I might not have been in the mood to review the meal but if I write good it means, good!

Favorite Dish: I had the pasta of the day.

• hquittner's Profile Photo

Ristorante "Vulcano": What a View! (and the food matches it!)

by hquittner Written Apr 8, 2005

As you can see from the picture, this is the first reason for eating here. The food was classic Sicilian fare but prepared with care. Nothing exceptional but everything as you would wish it. Out in the country with poultry running around outside.The rest. is looking out at the 2 columns of the Temple of Hephaistos (Vulcan) . Beyond to the rt. are Dioscouri, Zeus, Heracles,Concord and Juno. The whole works. The picture is not as big as they are!!

Favorite Dish: Everything, even dessert.This was lunch.

The whole works for lunch!
    • Seniors

• EllenH's Profile Photo

Trattoria Da Fofo: Pasta and salad

by EllenH Updated Sep 2, 2004

One of the guys we met on the beach,Frangelico, drove us to his son's restaurant, Trattoria Da Fofo. Very homey and cute place, pictures on the walls of Alfonzo with special customers. We wanted comfort food that night, pasta and salad and thats what we had, plus some nice house wine. Total bill for the two of us....19,00 euro.

Favorite Dish: I try the pasta with red sauce everywhere I go to compare them and notice how they change from region to region. I was not disappointed.

me and
    • Beaches

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Ristorante Pizzeria Nobel: Italian dining

by Sjalen Updated Jun 3, 2004

We went here not for the name (being Swedish), but as my dad remembered it from his last visit as a place with a lot of nice vegetarian antipasti which he thought would suit his vegetarian son-in-law. It turned out to be one of those great Sicilian food experiences and the only thing I was disappointed with was the dessert which was very good but not as home made as I would have expected after the fantastic pasta. There is no outdoor seating so you sit in the valved restaurant which is fairly typical. The antipasti consists of Sicilian things like crusted cauliflower, fish, and of nice garlicky bruschettas amongst other things. The menu for "primo" and "secondi" are what you would expect and of good quality. The staff spoke almost no English but were easy to communicate with, and as we were eating, the proprietor came out and introduced himself and spoke excellent English with a slight American accent which made us wonder where he had been before but as first time visitors to this island, you learn not to ask too many questions. Hope I don't offend him by writing this as I'd love to come back for a meal :-))) He explained that his dishes can be had all over Sicily but that of course, like everywhere else, every place has its own recipe for typical dishes so they are never quite the same.

Favorite Dish: Penne a la puttanesca...the size of those capers, the saltyness of the olives and tangyness of those lemons...aaah...

• davidcross's Profile Photo

La Corte degli Sfizi: La Corte degli Sfizi

by davidcross Written Sep 4, 2002

Friendly, fairly quick but unrushed and DELICIOUS. There were other English people eating there who were just as impressed - as well as Italians.

Favorite Dish: Antipasti - a self-service buffet to start with - a knock-out - my mouth still waters when I remember!

Instant Answers: Agrigento

Comments

Agrigento Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Agrigento restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Agrigento sightseeing.