Agrigento Restaurants

• EllenH's Profile Photo

Trattoria Da Fofo: Pasta and salad

by EllenH Updated Sep 2, 2004

me and

One of the guys we met on the beach,Frangelico, drove us to his son's restaurant, Trattoria Da Fofo. Very homey and cute place, pictures on the walls of Alfonzo with special customers. We wanted comfort food that night, pasta and salad and thats what we had, plus some nice house wine. Total bill for the two of us....19,00 euro.

Favorite Dish: I try the pasta with red sauce everywhere I go to compare them and notice how they change from region to region. I was not disappointed.

• Beaches

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Ristorante Pizzeria Nobel: Italian dining

by Sjalen Updated Jun 3, 2004

We went here not for the name (being Swedish), but as my dad remembered it from his last visit as a place with a lot of nice vegetarian antipasti which he thought would suit his vegetarian son-in-law. It turned out to be one of those great Sicilian food experiences and the only thing I was disappointed with was the dessert which was very good but not as home made as I would have expected after the fantastic pasta. There is no outdoor seating so you sit in the valved restaurant which is fairly typical. The antipasti consists of Sicilian things like crusted cauliflower, fish, and of nice garlicky bruschettas amongst other things. The menu for "primo" and "secondi" are what you would expect and of good quality. The staff spoke almost no English but were easy to communicate with, and as we were eating, the proprietor came out and introduced himself and spoke excellent English with a slight American accent which made us wonder where he had been before but as first time visitors to this island, you learn not to ask too many questions. Hope I don't offend him by writing this as I'd love to come back for a meal :-))) He explained that his dishes can be had all over Sicily but that of course, like everywhere else, every place has its own recipe for typical dishes so they are never quite the same.

Favorite Dish: Penne a la puttanesca...the size of those capers, the saltyness of the olives and tangyness of those lemons...aaah...

• hquittner's Profile Photo

Ristorante "Vulcano": What a View! (and the food matches it!)

by hquittner Written Apr 8, 2005

The whole works for lunch!

As you can see from the picture, this is the first reason for eating here. The food was classic Sicilian fare but prepared with care. Nothing exceptional but everything as you would wish it. Out in the country with poultry running around outside.The rest. is looking out at the 2 columns of the Temple of Hephaistos (Vulcan) . Beyond to the rt. are Dioscouri, Zeus, Heracles,Concord and Juno. The whole works. The picture is not as big as they are!!

Favorite Dish: Everything, even dessert.This was lunch.

• Seniors

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

Villa Kephos: In Ancient Agrigento

by MikeAtSea Written Nov 17, 2007

Villa Kephos

This restaurant adjacent to the Valley of Temples offers traditional Sicilian cuisine in the comfort of a beautiful villa surrounded by lush green gardens.

Favorite Dish: The local dish Involtate Siciliana is served here, dumplings of sliced veal filled with hearty local cheeses.

• janika's Profile Photo

Ristorante, Trattoria, Gelateria: Icecream is a must!

by janika Updated Apr 4, 2011

Distant view of Agrigento

You have to try Italian ice cream! They have so many flavors and sizes and colors and all that I had a hard time selecting what I want when I was there the last time, in 2000 / September.

Favorite Dish: You also have to eat sea food. Agrigento is located right at the Mediterranian sea and you can eat fresh sea food all over in Agrigento. Your best bet is to take the bus from the main train station down to St Leone and just walk along the shops and restaurants. Expect a lot of tourists in the summer time.

• effeti's Profile Photo

Leon d'Oro: Seafood and fish.....!

by effeti Updated Jun 5, 2008

The restaurant card

We were in agrigento for just one night. we found the restaurant on a restaurant directory and... hey! It was really ok!
    Don't miss seafood and the desserts.....
    Closes on mondays.

Favorite Dish: All good, but an unforgettable "cassata siciliana" ended our meal...

• jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo

Osteria del Teatro: good food

by jeffmartinartist Written Jun 25, 2005

I usually keep pretty good notes on where I eat but all I have written on the account from here is good! I had a bad bus trip to get to Agrigento from Piazza Armerina so I might not have been in the mood to review the meal but if I write good it means, good!

Favorite Dish: I had the pasta of the day.

• davidcross's Profile Photo

La Corte degli Sfizi: La Corte degli Sfizi

by davidcross Written Sep 4, 2002

Friendly, fairly quick but unrushed and DELICIOUS. There were other English people eating there who were just as impressed - as well as Italians.

Favorite Dish: Antipasti - a self-service buffet to start with - a knock-out - my mouth still waters when I remember!

Instant Answers: Agrigento

Comments

Agrigento Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Agrigento restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Agrigento sightseeing.