Duomo di Monreale, Palermo

Know about this? Rate It!

Monreale streets
    I'm climbing
    Asli on the top of the duomo
  • Eccola qua! 8)

by kedi+ Updated Jun 2, 2003

I'm climbing

Favorite thing: I'm climbing on the top of Duomo di Monreale.. There's a breathtaking view on the top. But it was early in the morning when we were there so it was a bit foggy and fog was preventing our sight... Anyway the panaroma was suberb..

• On the way to Duomo di Monreale

by kedi+ Written Jun 2, 2003

Monreale streets

Favorite thing: Monreale is just a bit outside of the city. There's a stunning duomo there that worth to visit... Here I'm on the way to the duomo.. On my must see activities I'll explain about this wonder... It's so much poetic and has a chaotic history... 8)

• extrajoce's Profile Photo

Monreale cathedral

by extrajoce Written Feb 25, 2003

Cloister of the Monreale cathedral

Favorite thing: Just half an hour by bus south of Palermo lies the byzantine jewel of Monreale cathedral. Its mosaics are some of the finest in the world, and you can only be impressed by the dominating figure of the Christ and the detail of biblical scenes. The cloister is also beautiful (see my Monreale tips). It is the best site to visit when in Palermo, in my opinion.

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

MONREALEThis little town not...

by SirRichard Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: MONREALE
    This little town not far from Palermo is famous for its Cathedral, full of wonderful mosaics. The cathedral was built at the order of William II. It reflects varied influences: Norman (the style of the most recent conqueror), Byzantine, and Islamic. Pointed arches from the Islamic tradition, Norman interlaced pointed arches in patterns, and Byzantine polychrome mosaic designs decorate the surfaces. The interior walls of the Cathedral are totally decorated with mosaics.

• On the top of Duomo di Monreale

by kedi+ Written Jun 2, 2003

Asli on the top of the duomo

Favorite thing: Finally we're on the top... Watching the panaroma, all Palermo is under us... Foggy green and breathtaking... Breathtaking also because of the trip to the top... ;)))

Instant Answers: Palermo